1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Daily Updates Tiy

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by MrDragco, Sep 23, 2013.

?

Yes or No

1. Cake

110 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. Daily Update

44 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. RikSharp

RikSharp Pangalactic Porcupine

according to the Daily Updates vs Periodic Updates thread, I'd put you in the 3 to 1 majority actually.

OT there will be an update when there is an update. no point getting stressed over it.

2. Calris

Calris Existential Complex

Tiy actually said that he has had conflicting notifications that they are coming on the 24th and the 26th, so he doesn't know when they are coming. But yes, knowing telecoms, it will probably be October at least.

3. greenman

greenman Spaceman Spiff

Meh, who cares. I think people who are still complaining about the timeliness of the updates need better hobbies. Also, if you're the type of person to argue with people on the Internet, you need better hobbies, too.

4. ZanVaelius

ZanVaelius Existential Complex

I'd like to propose a small game of pretend to those who cannot wait for the update. Pretend that Devs have stopped updating because they are so closing to releasing beta that they want to devote their times to getting it to us ASAP. That makes the wait more pleasant. And, hell, it might even be true (small chance of that, but still :p)

5. MrDragco

MrDragco Big Damn Hero

Thats why i asked molley to do it :p
    so the rest can work on the game

6. ClockworkDreams

ClockworkDreams Big Damn Hero

I feel that daily updates were just a very nice privilege that the community got spoiled on. I appreciate what the Devs did for us all that time and would be hard pressed to get emotional over the fact that life smacked Tiy upside the head.
    Also... the answer is ALWAYS Pie. X3

7. Alluvian_Est-Endrati

Alluvian_Est-Endrati Existential Complex

Unless the Cake can pop out of my screen, or otherwise be downloaded & enjoyed (and provide deliciousness and sustenance)... then the option that is Not Cake. Daily updates are fine, but more substantive periodic updates (that talk more about what is involved/etc.) would be better IMNSHO.

8. greenman

greenman Spaceman Spiff

Yea, I don't know why they continue to refer to them as "Daily Updates". Clearly, they've never been 'daily', because they often only run for 3-5 days in a row before taking a day or 2 break. Calling them "Daily Updates" just gives people more reason to scream, "THEY PROMISED US!"

9. Calris

Calris Existential Complex

They were actually daily for quite a while there, and have only become a bit less often since i49. However, as Tiy said, everything he says seems to be interpreted as a promise by some sections of the fanbase.

greenman likes this.
  10. plasma face

plasma face Scruffy Nerf-Herder

To be honest, if the devs stop doing the daily updates altogether it would not bother me at all.

11. Shiokuri

Shiokuri Ketchup Robot

There is no good reason for missing the daily updates for 6 days straight. They are obviously just ignoring it, and not being "too busy."

I love the devs, but I still think they shouldn't promise daily updates, make excuses, and then skip a week.

12. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Please tell me this is sarcasm

WoxandWarf likes this.
  13. Kaeso

Kaeso Industrial Terraformer

This. This, this, this. So much this.

No, we haven't had regular updates since Insomnia, and it really shouldn't be that big of a deal. Some of you need to take a deep breath and CTFD. This is crunch time for the developers. They will have to really push to get the beta out before the end of the year.

Also, don't forget that the development team is comprised of actual people who, believe it or not, have families and personal lives outside of Starbound. No one knows what's going on in their lives, but I'd be willing to bet that every single one of them has far more important things to worry about than further spoiling this community.

Chill out, y'all. Beta will be here soon. Enjoy the ride.

Zoolot likes this.
  14. Zoolot

Zoolot Existential Complex

Semantics, please stop arguing them <3

Tiy help us if it's not.

Knowing telecoms it'll be next year :DD

WoxandWarf likes this.
  15. bludud101

bludud101 Phantasmal Quasar

It's like they really got into a slump with the daily updates after i49 was over. Maybe they should have all the developers write one at least once every week?

16. Skarn

Skarn Existential Complex

I think they took Tiy's post as an excuse to just give up, the quitters :p

Ah well. Hopefully this just means either the beta release is soon, or they'll have tons of stuff to keep us occupied talking about next week :rofl:

17. RynCage

RynCage 3.1415926535897...

i49 was also the event which stirred up the angst and frustations, So that one two combo caused the shitstorm we now have.

18. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

No offense to him but he tends to say pretty, hum, alienating things a lot of the time.
    It's most likely not sarcasm (that or he's trolling)

19. Miss Andry

Miss Andry Cosmic Narwhal

we don't really have a shitstorm now

people are makin mountains out of molehills i tells ya

nyan_cyrax and Skarn like this.
  20. DeadlyLuvdisc

DeadlyLuvdisc Oxygen Tank

I wish they gave us cake, but if they offered it we'd probably just assume it was a lie.