1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Daily Updates Tiy

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by MrDragco, Sep 23, 2013.

?

Yes or No

1. Cake

110 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. Daily Update

44 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. MrDragco

MrDragco Big Damn Hero

It seems no dev did even try to keep us up to date :p
    as we didnt get any daily update a week long ,molly give us some info please i bet there is tons after a week.

Who thinks molly will feed us an update instead of cake !!

Suhr likes this.
  2. Qndrez

Qndrez Pangalactic Porcupine

In all honesty, if someone gave me the choice, i would pick cake.

Lusid, Jonesy, KirasiN and 6 others like this.
  3. Affero

Affero Contributor

He said the updates will continue the 24th. But that's not true, according to Tiy's twitter he will be getting his fibre connection on the 26th so don't expect anything before that. Cheers!

Casm likes this.
  4. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

You know what ? i dont care about daily updates anymore. it was a fun thing at the beginning but now its just a needless weight. it makes people angry/antsy if the devs miss them and often, they dont necessarly have anything to say.
    I'd rather have periodic updates that have something interesting than a day-to-day "yeah, huh, so bart squashed x bug today and, huh, thats it"

Quality over quantity

edit : ha ! ninja'ed xander and ninja'ed him calling ninja'ed ! ninja'ception !!

CJx101, Kirallia, NeoSabin and 15 others like this.
  5. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

Probably in the minority opinion here like usual but-
    I would rather have a clear single update maybe once a week. One that shows progress, how much closer the game is rather then glossed over things, then updates everyday.

So it isn't a big deal to me the dailies have dropped if what we get when they resume is clear and informative. ;)

Edit: I've been maximum ninja'ed.

CJx101, Ishton, Skarn and 9 others like this.
  6. MrDragco

MrDragco Big Damn Hero

yes i know but he also mention that the dev's will try and fill in for him and keep us up to date :p

ye that why i aske now as its been a week :p for me ones a week is fine aswell :)

7. Updates are nice but not something I lose sleep over, I'd rather then keep working on releasing the Beta than worrying about updating the main page, and with the site roadmap, about us and faq being updated by Molly, they're doing the best they can.

8. Loxy

Loxy Pangalactic Porcupine

I think Tiy explains why they haven't in the very post you quoted OP.
    They are very busy

Edit: Cake anytime :)

WoxandWarf likes this.
  9. RizzRustbolt

RizzRustbolt Existential Complex

Church of England?

Reimburst likes this.
  10. ShadetheDruid

ShadetheDruid Pangalactic Porcupine

No daily updates, but I wouldn't hold out hope for cake either. Not with Molly on the case anyway. :V

11. Zoolot

Zoolot Existential Complex

Patience. It's a virtue, you should learn it.

Kaeso likes this.
  12. Qndrez

Qndrez Pangalactic Porcupine

I don't understand.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  13. Zoolot

Zoolot Existential Complex

What is that, I don't even.

14. Juice Box

Juice Box Pangalactic Porcupine

Juice Box asks you this.
    Would you rather the devs spending time working on updating you with the game?
    Or would you rather them updating the game itself.

15. ZanVaelius

ZanVaelius Existential Complex

Tiy's install got delayed until 26th of September (at the very least).

Diagnosan likes this.
  16. SPOOKS80

SPOOKS80 Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh you so know where this thread is going to end up........just saying it

17. Sci-Fi Diplomat

Sci-Fi Diplomat Phantasmal Quasar

I think we honestly need to cut the devs some slack regarding the daily updates, I mean nothing is more important than finishing the game and their probably using this well earned break to get the game out sooner.

CJx101 and Juice Box like this.
  18. vofenn

vofenn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would actually rather have a clear and concise "Beta will release on this exact day, Game launch will be q1 or q2 2014" Then no more updates except when they want to. I rather dislike the daily updates cause they give me an innacurate feel for the progression of the game. Think of it like this, you order a grandfather clock to be built from two different shops. The first shop tells you every day that they started sanding some wood, ordered the screws, and started pouring cast iron for some parts. Unfortunately the first shop has no clue when the clock will be finished, maybe 2013. The second shop tells you right when you purchase it that it will be done on june 30th 2013 and gets to work making it, they don't contact you again but you have faith that it will be done by then.

On June 30th the first shop says "well, we did some more configurations and remolded a few pieces. Its not done yet and we don't really know if its close." Head over to the second shop and pick up the clock that you ordered.

this is my opinion on this entire matter. I am sure the first clock will be a better clock but it is disheartening to have no true knowledge on when we will actually get it. I know the dev team is doing a great job and I adore them for it. I am finally just leaving the site for months at a time so that I can avoid all the delays in the game and spoilers.

CJx101, Johan, Kirallia and 3 others like this.
  19. NNV

NNV Big Damn Hero

I would personally go for the broad weekly update. Progress should be a bit more obvious in a span of 7 days, instead of the typical we "did a little bit of this, a little bit of that today" approach. It would be nice to see the dev team get all heated up about trying to throw out something nice for us on a weekly basis.

Or they could just pass out slices of cake.

20. ZanVaelius

ZanVaelius Existential Complex

All cake goes to Molly as a tribute. So was decreed and approved.