1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Grappling Hook Tests Video

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Bacon, Sep 18, 2013.

1. x6snake6x

x6snake6x Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm thinking worms ninja rope right here :ninja: . It looks just a hint floaty right now but still, awesome :DD

2. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

I think the floatyness will depend on the planet though. You will have planets with varying gravity levels

3. x6snake6x

x6snake6x Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Good point ! My mind skipped on that detail, I wonder if that's actually the case.

4. Dis is gon be goooooood.

5. Authos

Authos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I must admit it was quite informative and interesting to see the mechanics used in this re-invention of the grappling hook.

6. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

I'd say the grappling hook is too powerful- you seem to have two separate hooks and they can extend a really long way.
    And they're elastic! There should probably be a lower level hook before the one in the video.

Bacon likes this.
  7. Miss Andry

Miss Andry Cosmic Narwhal

I actually would like a boring version too honestly

Serenity likes this.
  8. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

9. Miss Andry

Miss Andry Cosmic Narwhal

nah, I understand. The boring hooks are really easy to use and they work fairly well, but at the same time these new grappling hooks look really really fun to mess around with.

Like Just Cause 2? If you've ever played that, that game is pretty much just "mess around with grapple physics: the game" and that kind of stuff can be really fun. I'll probably get used to the new hook really fast as well, but I'm sure you'll be able to shoot yourself into space if you do it right.

TheLoanArranger and Serenity like this.
  10. Sir Ginger Ale

Sir Ginger Ale Star Wrangler

If it were possible to do all the stuff you could to with the hooks in Just Cause 2 on here I would probably never use anything else- not weapons, not vehicles, not even the frying pan.

Serenity and Miss Andry like this.
  11. Lynx88

Lynx88 Phantasmal Quasar

The grappling hook in the video... actually wraps around obstacles! That's pretty awesome. :up:

12. Kroghammer

Kroghammer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's probably been said, but have to point out the great music by Bacon in the video. Awesome work.

13. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

You mean starbounds composer right? That is, "I was the Sun before it was cool", the novakid theme.
    Not on the downloadable soundtrack - yet.. but a youtube search will bring it up easy.