1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Grappling Hook Tests Video

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Bacon, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Sower

Sower Big Damn Hero

Holy. Well done Omni. Looks like I'm going to be having a blast with those things.

Diagnosan likes this.
  2. riseoflegends

riseoflegends Subatomic Cosmonaut

King Arthur's Gold. It's a 2D war game with buildable and destructible terrain. I highly recommend it.

Beonadryt and Miss Andry like this.
  3. It's one indie, http://kag2d.com/en/ build castles, physics, fight, etc... etc... Its pretty nice. :)

4. WHAT that game blows my mind! Thanks for sharing it Bacon!

Bacon likes this.
  5. Miss Andry

Miss Andry Cosmic Narwhal

that looks really cool.

I kind of want, but I keep spending too much on things. I need to spend money on Pokemon too. But thanks for sharing. I'll keep that game in mind, I've never heard of it before

6. Yup KAG needs to reach Steam for once to get a lot of players, it's one huge potential inside of it, soon you get used to some mad controls it's about fun. I'm always a builder, the archer comes with the grappling hook what is something recently added. :rofl:

7. I would buy it buy there are so many things I want to buy already, I simply don't have enough cash to buy them all.
    Ehhh :(

8. Dat Critter

Dat Critter Big Damn Hero

Honestly guys i expected more Batman and Spiderman jokes :rofl:

9. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

I saw this and literally giggled...GIGGLED!!

Also, no one has mentioned the Legendary Frying pan that's in the toolbar, I can swing in and smack monsters with a frying pan? Sign me up!

DeadlyLuvdisc and Sir Ginger Ale like this.
  10. DJOkamical

DJOkamical Space Kumquat

Oh wow, this game~
    It used to be free to play, in alpha I suppose?

It was great fun in the f2p alpha, so I can't wait to see how much it has improved for myself :D

Bacon likes this.
  11. From the F2P version the paid is huge, the siege, airships, warboats, and all the tweaks they keep doing recently, some server usually pop ups with awesome maps and balance :D

12. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

Aw, I got this game in a giveaway a couple days ago, here in the forums :giggle:
    Can't wait to gt my hands into it!

Sir Ginger Ale and Bacon like this.
  13. Sir Ginger Ale

Sir Ginger Ale Star Wrangler

I was smiling from the moment I saw the title of the video till the end of it- there's a special place in my heart for grappling hooks, and it just so happens it's the same one reserved for beating things into submission with frying pans.

Yeah, Steam is going to be huge for KAG. I've been following it since before classic mode was finished and I still haven't bought it because I was waiting for a Steam release- that is of course until I saw a key giveaway for it on here and I couldn't resist. This weekend should be my first taste of the full version and they have grappling hooks now and it's just all to much! :rainbow:

Braxtrose and Bacon like this.
  14. Spike

Spike Supernova

Hm... what's with that cape? It's pointing upwards when the character is mobile, no matter what direction he/she was flying towards.

15. Yup still a test, since this adds some new type of movement they must add some sort of physics to the cape and even the foot animations to change depend of when using the hook you go up/down/sides. When they get that it will surely be awesome :D

16. Spike

Spike Supernova

Yup, although I can see the cape animation being vital to regular running/walking as well.

17. Casm

Casm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That is absolutely phenomenal! I can't wait to play with grapples in game!

18. GeorgeV

GeorgeV Art Director

Yeah, we're going to have to do something about that cape eventually.

Right now it's animations are tied specifically to what animation the player is doing. Falling, Jumping, Running, Walking, etc. With the hookshot thing the animation doesn't seem to work the same and is just "falling" even when going up sometimes.
    Another issue is if you fall long enough the wind starts going by you in a graphical effect. If you just hang around for a little bit that effect will start and even though you're stationary the wind will blow past you as though you've been falling for a good while.

And stuff like that are why we're still making this game, though those might be minor. :p

DeadlyLuvdisc, Bacon, Iphis and 7 others like this.
  19. Combine_Kegan

Combine_Kegan Phantasmal Quasar

[​IMG]

Omni you magnificent bastard you, looks like all that wizardry is starting to show. Armagon did a fine job of doing a little showcase too, though the cape needs work, and I feel the swinging itself needs a little more weight to it, though I'm sure that's planned, keep it up.

Edit: By the way, care to indulge us on how the controls work?

Kingpendragon and Skarn like this.
  20. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

Looks great I also wonder if they will make a non elastic boring version like the ones in terraria.

DeadlyLuvdisc and Miss Andry like this.