1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Grappling Hook Tests Video

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Bacon, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Just posted by Tiy in the IRC:

I love it, the mechanics on it work nicely! It's a test but when/if they do some animations for it, surely will feel great wandering around with it, it's pretty much like the one in KAG. :lolwut:

failcake, SuperMann, keenow and 16 others like this.
  2. Milkman

Milkman Aquatic Astronaut

I'm gonna get so frustrated using this, but that won't stop me.

3. J-block

J-block Pay it Forward

4. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Serenity likes this.
  5. ZangooseSlash

ZangooseSlash Black Hole Surfer

looks really cool, but i cant see myself using this in actual generated space, i dont think areas with a ceiling are wide enough to be using the hook much

6. TheMurumasa

TheMurumasa Existential Complex

All that practice playing worms will surely pay off!

7. Jman1177

Jman1177 Void-Bound Voyager

I saw that. So cool! ^.^

8. J-block

J-block Pay it Forward

The video is in that thread as well, so it's redundant.

9. 1. The music is awesome
    2. The grappling hook is beyond awesome
    3. Imagine my Hylotl ninja running around with high lvl swords with grappling hooks and other tech = you're dead before you know it

FEAR ME!

10. Garkarus

Garkarus Space Penguin Leader

I absolutely love the grappling hook, looks and moves awesomely from what I can see! :up:

It'll definitely add to the game as opposed to subtracting from it. :)

11. Miss Andry

Miss Andry Cosmic Narwhal

Looks super legit.

I really like how the grappling hook is turning out. I'm also like a new thread on it since I wouldn't have seen the video in the middle of a thread. Thanks for posting it out here

12. NotFarlong

NotFarlong Void-Bound Voyager

Just have to hope it has uses in close quarters. It looks all awesome and stuff with a platform built in the sky, but what about when there isn't one? Will it be useful for exploring the surface? Will caves have a high enough ceiling that you will be able to actually move freely with it?

13. That is definitely what those mechanics remind me of.

Miss Andry likes this.
  14. Miss Andry

That's what I'm thinking of too. I'm not too sure how close to worms it is, but it does feel similar. I hope you can do some really whacky and crazy things, like send yourself out into space. Sort of like how you could in worms.

15. Yeah it seemed like the player tried launching himself a little bit like a sling shot. Pretty awesome. =]

16. It's exactly as it is on KAG but more "elastic", there's not much that change it the mechanic it's the same. :cautious:
    That's surely in such case, climb buildings, caves, hard to reach places, without need to mine or make platforms, etc... It fixes that frustrating moments. :rofl:

17. RamenGaiden

RamenGaiden Title Not Found

Feels kinda slow for me probably will just try to get a jetpack if they don't speed it up

18. Miss Andry

what is KAG?

19. I really hope that the cape doesn't stay like that when using the grappling hook.

DeadlyLuvdisc, Bacon and Miss Andry like this.
  20. Miss Andry

I'm sure it won't. It seems like they just this second got grapple hooks working, so they probably didn't mess around with capes at all, yet.