September 14th & 15th Update

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Armagon, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

Here:
    [​IMG]

2. Phorge

Phorge Void-Bound Voyager

i do like the white ones over the red

3. Iphis

Iphis 2.7182818284590...

For people who can't wait quietly :iswydt:

Now you can :up:

4. ForceablePlace

ForceablePlace Phantasmal Quasar

Bear with you A bit longer?

Does that mean the Beta is soon to be released!? :D

5. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

But i already posted the betta :cry:
    I hope this turns into a well played prank by the devs on the day before the first release xD

6. Jamtoes

Jamtoes Big Damn Hero

«I realize the tensions are high as many in our community are keen to play the game right now...» I would say thats an understatement Doctor :proper: I'm crazed! :chrono:

7. ForceablePlace

ForceablePlace Phantasmal Quasar

wait what?

"i already posted the beta"?

You what? lol

and im guessing once you explain that to me, ill understand your second part lol

8. Die_Go101

Die_Go101 Void-Bound Voyager

Ya.. you see whenever i find a room with those writings on the walls i'm just gonna say nope and run right out

9. TheOneCalledWaffle

TheOneCalledWaffle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, I kinda got the joke he's making, he posted a picture of a fish that is called a "Beta"

from what I remember about this fish is that it tends to be agressive.... ....and that's all I got.

10. ernestopresto

ernestopresto Subatomic Cosmonaut

Keep up the great work! prestoThumbsup.gif

Toastation and StarBatman like this.
  11. wagenman

wagenman Master Chief

I don't usually post much, but after that update I wanted to chime in with my support for your work. My house is very excited for Starbound to launch, we've bought 4 copies and read the updates every day. I think you're team has really created something amazing here and hope you all great success. These are the kind of games that we love and take pride in supporting indie developers.

From the looks of that prison cell, I have to wonder where he got all the paper. Maybe it's toilet paper. Hopefully this means that people can create adventure/mystery maps for people to play through. Perhaps even episodic with multiple maps.

Elder Oddo and Lord Hatty like this.
  12. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

I don't even know much about the fish, just that it is called "Betta", which is very close to "Beta" :rofl:

Also, the guy misread what i wrote, lol. Pay attention ;D

13. SpiroExDeus

SpiroExDeus Cosmic Narwhal

No. I am also a chicken.

ShadetheDruid likes this.
  14. GeneralM13

GeneralM13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

15. Vorrutin

Vorrutin Void-Bound Voyager

Oh man, after seeing the last picture my mind immediately spawned an alternate version of that room.
    Instead of a prison, it would be in an asylum.
    The notes would be posters, and the scribbling on the wall would say "They said they would make a comeback".
    A sad death for a superfan.

On a more serious note, excellent work!

16. Cloudhopper

Cloudhopper Weight of the Sky

By putting together the Prison Dungeon we've been hearing about lately, and the Double-grapple (Grapple-pult?) That Tiy tweeted a picture of...
    Prison Escape maps are probably going to be a thing. Along with caped vigilantes and supervillains.

17. StarBatman

StarBatman Void-Bound Voyager

You rang?

Cloudhopper likes this.
  18. robyJoe

robyJoe Subatomic Cosmonaut

Like I said before, I wish I could just yell "RELEASE THE DAMN BETA!"
    But hey, if that happened, I wouldn't piss myself when it comes out and squeal like a girl getting a Barbie when it comes out.

19. Elder Oddo

Elder Oddo Industrial Terraformer

The longer it takes them to release the beta... the more fun and playable it will consequently be, in a finishedy producty kinda way! :iswydt:

20. Sir ceil

Sir ceil Existential Complex

IT is not a Jpeg, it is a sound file.

SPOOKS80 likes this.