1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed playtest relating to beta release

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Tarkus, Aug 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPOOKS80

SPOOKS80 Pangalactic Porcupine

We can all sit here and suggest what the devs could or could not do, but at the end of the day they will do whats right by their fans/community......and if that means waiting till December 31st to release the beta then they will do that if it means the game will be in a very playable state for beta.

Remember even in beta they may also send out updates to our clients as they find and fix bugs or add new content for us to try out...it will be an on-going process even after full release.

Be patient and remember the longer we wait the more magical Starbound will be when we load it for the first time or the 100th time, and that's whats its all about, when you load the game for the first time you get that feeling of "OMG this is going to be amazing" the longer we wait for beta the more chance of getting that feeling for the 100th time of loading the game to play with your friends.

I want that feeling every time I play and that's probably why its taking so long because they want to give there players that feeling so again......just be patient and keep that feeling inside.

P.S sorry if I repeated myself a little bit during my post :)

2. dajoker87

dajoker87 Master Chief

I think what alot of people are trying to make a point of instead of paying people to find and fix bugs let us the public do it for them for free. Just like all other games out there that introduced beta testing and bug fixes, you make a ticking system and when u find a bug report the bug so its easier to be fixed. Going to find alot more bugs with millions of beta testers then 10-20 people on the staff. Then you can use those other people for core mechanics of the game. You wouldn't have to give us everything either save some surprises just like u did at the expo. Just saying there are alot of people willing to take the stress off some of the staff lol

enemarius86 likes this.
  3. Solomon Darling

Solomon Darling Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I haven't read through all the comments, so forgive me if I repeat something that has already been said.

The devs made it perfectly clear that the i49 demo was just the tier 1 part of the game, and they want it done up to tier 3.

I think it's a few more months worth of wait, guys :barefeet:

4. Namiwakiru

Namiwakiru Black Hole Surfer

It's a fair point, and exactly what we will be doing when BETA actually releases, people just want Alpha access.
    We have seen in streams that there seem to be some people playtesting, no doubt close friends and relatives of the devs. Drop another 75k people in there before core and base mechanics are refined or implemented will actually result in more work.
    Worse still, most people who join test phases don't actually understand what they are doing, hitting the forums with rage posts rather than actually helping when faced with a game breaking bug rather than recreating it and posting findings or logs.
    Hell, we have enough people raging on here for stupid reasons, better to cut down on ammunition before release and the guaranteed "NOT GOOD ENOUGH CHUCKLEFISH" posts

The devs have a plan and a vision, we are a big part of that vision, just not quite yet.

Duplicated, dajoker87 and Ymedron like this.
  5. cwolf042

cwolf042 Pangalactic Porcupine

As it has been stated before, nowhere in any dev post does it say that the backers will be doing beta TESTING

We will get a beta copy of the game, that is all. Whether they do feedback or bugchecking via us is totally up in the air (and with the analness of Tiy, probably wont happen as he seems to be determined not to let anyone play till he is satisfied and done.... or just burnt out on the project

Ymedron likes this.
  6. Malcara

Malcara Star Wrangler

Look at Starcraft 2 it was announced like 8 years before it's release.

7. PopCosmo

PopCosmo 2.7182818284590...

Lol
    lol get out, now. We dont need complaining when the game is released. Be grateful. You sound spoilt

8. Skudge

Skudge Void-Bound Voyager

Y'know what was a real test of patience? Finding out about a game through a single page in PCgamer or Nintendo Power and not a single thing after that. For years until it was released.

Ingrates got it easy these days with their daily updates and twitterbooks.

9. Tactix

Tactix Master Chief

Yeah I remember that, but we're going to go there? Really? Remember how hard it was to talk to your friends before they came up with that crazy telephone? Them letters used to take all month, sometimes they might even get stolen, for whatever reason, crazy times, crazy times. No one cares how hard it was to find out about a game before it was published on the internet, if you make a deal with a customer base you stick to it, and if it is delayed you should make it very worth while. I will play Starbound, it will be awesome, I probably won't buy anything else from Chucklefish for a while though.

10. cwolf042

This ^

One of the big reasons I am not putting any money into any of the other games made by chucklefish. Why would I want to when Starbound continually gets pushed back

"No Starbound this month but you should TOTALLY go play Risk of Rain or Treasure Adventure World!"

[​IMG]

EXCU, Pigeon, Jason O and 2 others like this.
  11. Zoolot

Zoolot Existential Complex

This thread is still open? pffffft.

12. enemarius86

enemarius86 Cosmic Narwhal

Stop reading if you don't like it.

WoxandWarf, RedDire, Supafly and 2 others like this.
  13. Solomon Darling

Solomon Darling Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You do know that Chucklefish isn't actully developing the other games, right? They are only publishing it. There's a difference :wut:

WoxandWarf and Luna like this.
  14. cwolf042

They are still asking for preorders

it's a matter of faith, like EA making origin when they didn't need to, then only putting ME3 on it despite 1 and 2 being available on steam.

Darkhog likes this.
  15. Darkhog

Darkhog Subatomic Cosmonaut

Exactly.

And Chucklefish abused our trust in them, more so for people who pre ordered when date was still in 2012. And they are keep doing this.

I have no intention of supporting CF, no matter if they make other game or just publish it, unless they release Starbound before Terraria 1.2 (release date is set in stone for October 1st or earlier).

16. enemarius86

I'm with you on releasing the beta, but the preorder started in apr 2013, not before.

17. Darkhog

Darkhog Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ahh... My bad then. But still, they abused trust of people who wanted game in 2012.

18. Manly Caveman

Manly Caveman Void-Bound Voyager

Geez, you're acting like pushing back a release date is the worst thing ever.

19. Supafly

Supafly Industrial Terraformer

It is not the worst
    But is not pleasant either

20. enemarius86

When pushing back release dates again, again and again, it is THE WORST THING EVER

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.