1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Important BETA RELEASE DISCUSSION - DECEMBER 4TH (*ALL* beta discussion goes here. Other threads deleted)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrSmity

MrSmity Master Chief

Lol yea starbound kinda ruined me for other games...

keyless15 likes this.
  2. Rizno

Rizno Void-Bound Voyager

I've just joined to say that the fact this game is completely playable and beyond the content of any beta test I've played before... WHY IS THE BETA NOT RELEASED YET? Aren't players meant to get help find the bugs for the developers to fix? It feels as if the devs are treating the beta TEST as a FULL complete release. Which shouldn't be the case whatsoever.

3. Regal Kain

Regal Kain Space Kumquat

I can only assume you haven't played many betas by this statment then. As there are known bugs that corrupt and erase all save data still in the game. That's not a bug you want beta testers to find, that's stuff you find in the Alpha. There were (I believe they were fixed recently) bugs that would crash the planet you were on, causing it to be a dead planet (You couldn't get back to it, without it crashing you again.) Once more, that's not a bug you want to be found in beta, because that may at times stop a player from progressing. (They warp to planet, they are out of fuel, they warp to surface and bug, congrats they have to delete that character, and that universe and start over.) Game-breaking, or save-erasing bugs need to be mostly ironed out in Alpha, not Beta.

But that's my humble opinion, I've beta tested more games then I care to re-count, as well as Alpha tested plenty. Severe bugs like the ones above, are Alpha bugs IMO

Jonesy and Arch-Mage Zandor like this.
  4. Pigeon

Pigeon Cosmic Narwhal

I'm guessing around the October school holidays in England.

5. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

The game is not in a state to be released. Simple as that.

While the demonstration version was somewhat playable at i49, there were still a lot of stability issues that have not been sorted. That's not even mentioning that the devs have not finished implementing all features they intend to have in the beta. As it stands, the only thing people would complain about than not having the beta would be having to play the buggy and unstable mess the game currently is. Complaining will not help the process.

JumpinSheep likes this.
  6. Gnomechompski

Gnomechompski Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The daily updates are getting more spaced out.
    This can only mean one thing

BETA BEFORE THE END OF THE DAY!

keyless15 likes this.
  7. keyless15

keyless15 Void-Bound Voyager

Lets run the variables and see if this is true!

**grabs lab coat**

8. Zody

Zody Weight of the Sky

Source?

9. riseoflegends

riseoflegends Subatomic Cosmonaut

From Omni's response in the Feedback for the developers thread:

And also:

10. Zody

Zody Weight of the Sky

riseoflegends likes this.
  11. kylelesta

kylelesta Space Hobo

Man cant wait for this s*** gonnna be sikk thought it was 2013 just had to check

12. ForceablePlace

ForceablePlace Phantasmal Quasar

I hope so! Im starting to play Spore to try to forget about Starbound (to ease my pain of no beta) but i cant forget it! Its like a song stuck in my head!

Drone501 and onerb2 like this.
  13. onerb2

onerb2 Pangalactic Porcupine

i know that feeling bro :(

14. Voxelite

Voxelite Industrial Terraformer

I resorted to Shogun Total War 2, but that keeps crashing. I'm just playing Jak X now to waste time xD

15. onerb2

and im here, playing godfather 2 and pulling my hair out of my head of anxiety -q

Voxelite likes this.
  16. Ruban Crusade

Ruban Crusade Pangalactic Porcupine

for all you crazies out there, I was watching Bartwe's stream today and he actually replied to a Beta comment saying "no beta next month"
    so, there you have it...looks like November or later.

riseoflegends and onerb2 like this.
  17. onerb2

[​IMG]
    Oh no, that's really, really bad news

Supafly, Jonesy and Pingeh like this.
  18. rewjeo

rewjeo Big Damn Hero

Well, October is probably going to be one of the busiest months of my life as of yet, so I guess that's good news for me in a way.

19. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

And I have a convention set to attend in November so I bet I know what weekend it will release on. X3

Jonesy likes this.
  20. Snowfalcon

Snowfalcon Big Damn Hero

Jeff Minter's love child knows nothing :)
    Also if not next month, then that only leaves two till Roadmap Release date, or is that the release of the full company name "We Chuckle all the way to the bank with your money, so long and thanks for all the fish" :saywhat:

Darkhog likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.