1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Will there be any sort of notification before the game is released?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Rink, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rink

Rink Void-Bound Voyager

My closest male ancestor is kind of skeptical about the game being actually released, and wants me to order it right before the actual release. Will there be any sort of notification before that happens, or do I just have to argue with him until he lets me order it now?

2. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

The advantages to ordering it now vs right before release...
    A- You'll be guaranteed beta access when it is avail
    B- If you buy after beta comes out the 'deal' won't be as good (higher price, no soundtrack, or something like that)
    C- More pre-orders = more money for development
    D- Why not?

To answer your question, there will almost certainly be a notification about the release date :D. If you purchase now though you'll get an email notification when beta is available.

3. The Thing

The Thing Existential Complex

The devs will warn us of a release date as soon as they know it themselves. This does not tell us however how long before that is. They did promise to not just get the game out without warning tough.

4. Blankness

Blankness Void-Bound Voyager

Yes, you will get a fax 4 seconds before beta will be released.

Only the first 10 people will be allowed in.
    After that you will have to wait another month before the next beta batch, when 11 people will be allowed in.
    It will continue like this until it caps at massive 14 people per month.

Don't worry though, it won't stop till everybody gets in!

5. DragonEye

DragonEye Void-Bound Voyager

i HOPE ! lol

6. El Barto 227

El Barto 227 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Considering the preorders have already reach $1.5mil, much higher and faster than expected, I think that a release is guaranteed unless a natural disaster strikes. Tell him not to worry about it.

7. Once they decide on a date they'll let everyone know, so probably.

Zoolot likes this.
  8. Lemonader

Lemonader Subatomic Cosmonaut

I am 100% sure the game will release eventually. (Backed by the 1.5 million in pre-purchases they already have and their blatant love for the game and their fans/backers. :giggle: )
    I'm also 99.9% sure the beta will be out in 2013 and not a second later. (Backed by the many updates and their goals. It looks really good so far. :DD )

Also, don't worry, they will assuredly announce the release date beforehand. I'd also say at least a week before. :up:

9. Incendiary

Incendiary Ketchup Robot

o_O I thought Tiy had been quoted saying he wanted a surprise beta release? But I could be very wrong.

10. Sledve

Sledve Astral Cartographer

I would hate this, as im not checking my mails daily. Dont want to miss a day after waiting for it. But i guess this forum would get pretty empty, so thats an evidence.

Note to self: check mails in a 30 min routine to be super-safe

Blankness likes this.
  11. Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie Cosmic Narwhal

It's the opposite, Tiy stated that the release would NOT be a surprise, they will let everyone know the moment that they themselves figure out a date.

12. Never that I've heard of.
    Protip: Desktop and/or phone notifications.

greenman and Drone501 like this.
  13. Epsil

Epsil Void-Bound Voyager

Preorder is linked to the Humble Bundle, which means a) you'll get an email once downloads are up and b) you'll always have a download link.

14. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

Never that I've heard of either.

greenman and Katzeus like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.