1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed playtest relating to beta release

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Tarkus, Aug 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoolot

Zoolot Existential Complex

Might want to edit the color, thanks.

Hm, so beta confirmed for before the end of 2013, good enough for me.

Lachee likes this.
  2. FenixHero

FenixHero Subatomic Cosmonaut

December 31st, 2013.....lol how much of a piss off would that be

WoxandWarf, KuraiArashi and Zoolot like this.
  3. Tactix

Tactix Master Chief

I didn't lie to any of you, I am the only person who has posted REAL info. You can email Molly, she can verify this, she is the one who gave me permission to post this in the first place. That is a direct copy and paste, don't get mad at me for something on the webstie not being updated properly.

4. Ryokozen

Ryokozen Orbital Explorer

Oh no I won't be able to play the full release this year because they're trying to make the game as awesome as possible so everyone will enjoy it to the fullest. Woe is me.....Oh wait that's right, I have patience and an attention span. I'll just do something else while I wait. Play something else, read a book or maybe just maybe i'll *gasp* go outside!

5. Nashua

Nashua Astral Cartographer

Well I do have to add to this discussion, eventhough starbound will make a splendid game. I bought my copy with the knowledge that it would come out in 2013 NO MATTER WHAT. and hearing that the release date is beeing pushed back probably, does not make me a happy gamer, BUT I will not "Leave" But I will ask the question; Why? what unforseen circumstances showed their faces, and make it so that the game could not be released in the given/promised timeframe?
    We even bought enough copy's so that Tiy and some other people could make this their fulltime job. So what went wrong?

Tactix likes this.
  6. Tactix

Tactix Master Chief

That's the whole point, if there has been a change TELL PEOPLE. Dude, Rome 2 came out today, so Starbound is on a total back burner now, let's face it Rome is amazing. All I was ever getting at is we paid money and they've made statements, hold true to the statements or tell your financial backers what is going on. That is all.

7. Black--snow

Black--snow Cosmic Narwhal

I joined this community in 2012, under the belief release was in December 2012... Which it was, until it wasn't.

Cheerful_Toe, toki zecata and Tactix like this.
  8. I believe the developers told us before that there will be no beta.

ive been here since...Jun 8, 2012.... that was more then a year ago, ive heard so many people ask about the beta that I have to say the same thing.

so far the Dev's have said that there wont b-------- I take that back, my old age( heh) has been getting to me....

in the days when the pre-order first came out there was a small part of it that said " invitation to the beta".

but the only question is really when that beta will come out( if it does at all), since the game should be out sometime this year in the holidays ( possibly near the end of the year...but who knows..just hoping for now)

9. Sledve

Sledve Astral Cartographer

This is freaking me out, i don't know why. Waiting for Battlefield, piece of cake. Waiting for Skyrim, doesn't matter. Waiting for X Rebirth, kindergarten. Waiting for Starbound and i lose my mind. This game, these possibilitys im waiting for. And now, when everyone is like "omg tier 2 almost complete, Beta invite after tier 3, so fast now" or "i estimate a blah blah blah" or "tomorrow beta or suicide" it just feels like within reach. Im going nuts, feeling like a kid waiting for christmas on 1st of December. Every other day. And if they annouce a fixed date, its like counting every minute, waiting "patiently" (the irony) to get it on. So i'll just imagine playing, getting into my own illusory world. This game is going to be awesome.

Xirk1984 likes this.
  10. Arctic

Arctic Orbital Explorer

I have to say that I am the same way, but slightly less. I feel that after GTA V and Beyond Two Souls comes out I'll be pretty set until the release... in which I drop everything I should or have been doing and completely dedicate my life to this game. I do however disagree on your last sentence "This game is going to be awesome"... because this game isn't just going to be awesome.. it's going to be incredible.. it's going to be magical.. It will be legendary.

*On a side note, I've been following starboard for quite some time ( can't remember when exactly) and I purposely stayed away from the forums up until now to avoid getting too hyped for the game. Guess I caved today. Happy waiting future explorers!

pankakeman and Xirk1984 like this.
  11. Shotacon

Shotacon Subatomic Cosmonaut

For people saying oh yeah I can wait till 234576 as long as game is polished. Trust me the game won't be polished.

That's what they said for PayDay 2 as-well in the beta. " Oh stop asking when game will release they are going to polish it so it's good for release. " Almost every game released will always have bugs someone out there will find. So if the game is going to be delayed to 2014 which sucks will be adding content based, not bug-squashing based.

12. Ryokozen

Do you even read the Roadmap? They constantly talk about having to fix bugs with stuff. If there are any on launch it won't be for lack of trying to fix them.

Cheerful_Toe and Xirk1984 like this.
  13. Drone501

Drone501 Master Chief

The point of a beta is so other people can test a game on their own machines perhaps doing things the staff wouldn't and therefore finding bugs the developers might not have found yet

RedDire and Besys like this.
  14. Vanishing

Vanishing Zero Gravity Genie

I'd rather play a constant crashing beta than wait any longer. More than 1 year's worth of margin of error for a release date is simply unacceptable.

15. Ryokozen

Get some patience. Plenty of games take far longer than that for testing before they go into beta. I understand you want it now but it's hardly unacceptable and it's hardly new either.

16. Vanishing

It's barely hardly unacceptable, and hardly new doesn't make it right. Please give me plenty of examples of games took longer than a year of closed testing before they go into beta(in this case, starbound is not purely testing, but active developing as well). Get your facts right before you post.

17. Black--snow

Black--snow Cosmic Narwhal

If we were talking about release date here I would side with Ryokozen, but it's a beta, so it means they're not even 2/3 way towards release. D:

18. syndoflame

syndoflame Title Not Found

outside?? but it's so open and scary :'( lol

KuraiArashi likes this.
  19. Darkhog

Darkhog Subatomic Cosmonaut

Bugs that are caused by adding new content.

20. Vanishing

Yep, we are talking about beta, in fact, scratch that..not even a solid release date for beta have been made public yet..lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.