1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Do I need to input names for all my preorder bonuses at once?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Kasumi Tani, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kasumi Tani

Kasumi Tani Void-Bound Voyager

...Or can I return to pre-order bonuses page later to redeem remaining bonuses? (I ask this because I am still deciding on NPC name.)

And, another question, does anyone knows, how the system handles duplicate NPC names? Will I be notified that the NPC name already exists and offered to choose a different name, or will I lose oportunity to name NPC if that name already exists?

2. Zoolot

Zoolot Existential Complex

You can return to the page, yes, however, I'm not sure about the NPC stuff.

3. FrozenFlame

FrozenFlame Giant Laser Beams

I've asked this question before too.
    Just make sure you type something out before beta/full just to be safe.
    As for dupes, they say that it you and the other guy has a chance to make another name for no cost.

Other details:
    1. First and Last name system -sadface for me :(
    2. Organized into Male Female Bi
    3. etc

Cheers hope I helped

4. Kasumi Tani

Thank you for the reply, Frozen Flame! (Though I already looked around the forums and figured I can change the names I submit – for now.)

But could you please tell me more about about “First/Last name” thing? I simply put in single-word name; am I supposed to put in two word name and it will be split into first/last name lists?

Also, I did wonder how the names are sorted into male/female (and possibly racial) lists. Since you mentioned it, do you know any details?

5. Zoolot

Zoolot Existential Complex

I think they get with you to figure that out. But it would be increasingly time consuming to talk with each individual person so you should definitely not get your hopes up.

6. FrozenFlame

@ Kasuma % Zealot Zoolot.
    They say they combine your inputted name with other people's
    (Say you gave, Jon. And someone gave Jones, it can possible generate a guy named Jon Jones)
    Which kinda makes me sad a bit :<.

7. Kasumi Tani

Well, it wouldn't be *too* unusual a name, though. Jan Jansen comes to mind ^_^

But are we allowed/supposed to input two-word (first and last) names?

8. FrozenFlame

If you did put first and last, then they will keep that by itself.

Whatever you type in doesn't directly get copy pasted into their database my friend.
    They read each and every one to prevent trollage.

gotta -less than 3- Chucklefish!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.