Custom Weapons

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by TehEpikMonk, Feb 26, 2012.

1. TehEpikMonk

TehEpikMonk Spaceman Spiff

Before I start, I would like you guys to know that I have little to no knowledge as to how the fighting mechanics of the game work. Just a warning.

Some of you may have played games such as Fable III. If you have, you'd know that it was possible to create, or at least customize/personalize, your own weapon. I'd like to see this in game.

For example, maybe if you made a gun yourself, you could adjust the speed of its projectiles (up to a point). However, that would require more resources than just creating the gun with no upgrades.

Also, if you, say, found a gun, it would also be possible to upgrade it. Maybe something like a Grip to increase accuracy? With it, projectiles would fire straighter than before.

And finally, what if you could customize the ammo itself? Similar to Terraria, except with more possibilities. Incendiary Rounds could set things on fire, Acidic ones could do more damage against non-robotic monsters, etc.

TL;DR
    The ability to customize your weapons abilities, either by
    Creating it yourself, expending more resources to make it better,
    Creating attachments that would change the weapon's stats,
    or customizing the ammunition to have different effects.
    [​IMG]
    Lone/Mordale approves this message

Brought to you by Innovative Ideas Inc.

2. Ethric

Ethric Phantasmal Quasar

My opinion is that finding weapons and armor out in the wild is in a 'broken' state and cannot be worn/used until fixed at home base. However, crafting weapons will have the ability to fully customize it (possibly implement colored paint). But in the end, both guns and their ammo can be upgraded.

3. ZeroHunter

ZeroHunter Subatomic Cosmonaut

I like this, I would love to have a silver hilted, black bladed sword with some "Ancient runes" Attatched to it.

4. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

I think thats what they mean when they say "1 million rocket launcher combinations"

5. Zman12380

Zman12380 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I support!
    I would love to have my own signeture weapon of epicness.
    Also, something to suggest, how about being able to disassemble a weapon for parts so that you can use them to create your weapons?

6. Steve

Steve Starship Captain

That would be awesome, if you combine a gun with parts of another, you could make a hybrid gun.

OT: They did say a million combinations, this is probably what they meant.

7. Nathan B.

Nathan B. Phantasmal Quasar

I SUPPORT!
    [​IMG]

SmoothGuy likes this.
  8. atom112

atom112 Aquatic Astronaut

make upgrading very important . I think that many many pepole would love it . Some signatures , rare items.make it that way - there are some very powerful weapons bun none are the best , some are better in some way and other weapon are better in else way,but anyway you can personalize them in some patterns and upgrades like more fire power or sth like that.(sorry 4 my english ^^ )

9. Remmus

Remmus Subatomic Cosmonaut

I cant really see why ya need to make finding items more busy work? It´s most likly already gonna be a hassle finding them, why make it more so by forcing folks to huff back to there camp every time they find something they like to use?

10. Lupus

Lupus Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think this is a great idea.

11. Nakano15

Nakano15 Pangalactic Porcupine

I liked the idea,with that i could make a weapon like as the minishark,and other a weapon that deal high damages.

12. TehEpikMonk

Warning: Wall of Text inbound.

Hopefully not too powerful. I'd hate to see PvP ruined by a weapon like this.
    Customization/personalization is key.
    An automatic rocket launcher... Hell yes.
    See above.
    They meant that there would be a million combinations of both appearances and effects.
    Thanks for the support!
    Yeah, that would be fun.

Also, completely unique weapons and accessories would be cool too.
    They meant that there would be a million combinations of both appearances and effects.

13. TBSEM98

TBSEM98 Space Spelunker

I support, i would love to walk around threatening enemies with this:[​IMG]

14. TehEpikMonk

Especially if you dual-wield them.

Lupus likes this.
  15. Remmus

sweet, tho I stick to my space revolvers, all you need in the wild we...I mean wild space ;3

16. Remmus

dont ya mean a space sheriff position in space? ;3

17. Ethric

Ethric Phantasmal Quasar

More like revolvers that fire rockets. Me gusta.

18. Remmus

revolvers that shoot shotguns shells *Homer drools*

19. TehEpikMonk

Acidic-rocket launching snipers.
    [​IMG]

Skyblade799 and Lupus like this.
  20. Remmus

to quote a great innovator in weapons technology