1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed E-Mail When Beta Is Released?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Sirduncan8, Aug 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sirduncan8

Sirduncan8 Subatomic Cosmonaut

So this is kind of a silly question, but I haven't seen this question asked before, so I'm going to do it for my sake and for anyone else who's wondering.
    Will there be an e-mail sent out when beta is released? (The Starbound Chronicle does NOT count!)
    I accidentally deleted the humble bundle link thing a while ago and now I don't know how to get back to that link where you download the soundtrack and whatnot.
    That's really the only reason why I'm asking, because I don't want to not be able to play this masterpiece of a game just because I accidentally deleted an e-mail.
    Thanks guys and happy exploring!

2. To regain your key: https://www.humblebundle.com/?s=resender

The "better" way if you plan on purchasing more stuff through Humble is to create a Humble Store account, and then just "claim" your pre-order page under that account so you don't need to worry about deleting/misplacing your key page again, but that's up to you.

3. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Alternatively, keep your window open.

Wherever you are you should be able to hear me screaming like a little girl

4. Sirduncan8

Sirduncan8 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm sorry Katzeus? o_O
    And thank you so much Ordona, you've been a great help to a lot of people here on the forums.

WeepingAngel988 likes this.
  5. I think he means he'll be screaming so loudly when beta is released that you'll be able to hear him if you open your bedroom window. :p And no problem. :)

6. RavenX

RavenX Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So when the beta goes live we'll be able to download it from our humble page? Or will we get a key of some kind mailed to us? Or both?

7. Sadeyx

Sadeyx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yea, if you follow the order trail through the last thing it says is that they will "email you when the game is released"

So presumably we will be e-mailed keys to assign to our steam account.

again presumably, once added you will be able to install and play immediately

8. RavenX

RavenX Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I was thinking that as well, but I think it might be through the bundle store to download and not through Steam as there's no mention of Starbound on Steam, and the Devs have said that the first beta release may not make it onto Steam Early Access in time for the first Beta launch.

9. Sadeyx

Sadeyx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I believe the humble store is merely an optional second method of obtaining the game without steam, but tiy's latest tweet talks about the steam release so I'm sure the two things are linked and will happen together.

Either way, we will be emailed with details providing the address you submitted is correct :)

From Tiy's comments on a live stream recently he talked about it being out of their hands now and just waiting for keys to be generated and distributed. I may have misunderstood though.

10. carcrasher65

carcrasher65 Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm still in shock that the beta is even coming out, also im getting 502 gateway errors and currently can't see what im typing...

xSpektre and bounding star like this.
  11. xSpektre

xSpektre Orbital Explorer

I second this question. I wasn't entirely sure and couldn't find out from other threads, but say that the guys over at the Humble Store update the link at say 5am EST, can we get it there earlier than when the email is sent out? Or is the beta ONLY available through Steam, therefore only available via link/redemption code?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.