1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed playtest relating to beta release

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Tarkus, Aug 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarkus

Tarkus Void-Bound Voyager

so because we just had a play test done at i49, does that mean that the beta will be out really soon? am I the only one thinking this?

2. Gefreiter

Gefreiter Title Not Found

Maybe, maybe not. Only time will tell.

Ricky150 and Squaids449 like this.
  3. Emberleaf

Emberleaf Subatomic Cosmonaut

I believe that devs have said tier 1 is the only truly polished and fixed up tier (at least they've only been talking about tier 1), so we still have quite a ways to go before beta. (i'm thinking december 31st release, but i'm pessimistic about everything =P)

bounding star, Squaids449 and Jonesy like this.
  4. Emral282

Emral282 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The playtest means nothing.
    A relatively controlled game on computers not owned by those playing it and a public distribution are two entirely different critters.
    Beta could be anywhere from next week to December. We have no way of knowing at this point in time.

Squaids449 and Jonesy like this.
  5. WeepingAngel988

WeepingAngel988 Poptop Tamer

Only if I had a TARDIS...

6. Squaids449

Squaids449 Aquatic Astronaut

Luckily, tier 2 is somewhat close to done :D

7. NightFire

NightFire Parsec Taste Tester

Guys just chill this subject is sore enough as it is and i'm pretty sure the devs and programmers and artist (ETC) are really annoyed enough as it is with people asking when and how soon it will be

so just chill and wait

[​IMG]

8. Ryokozen

Ryokozen Orbital Explorer

Considering the game closed several times during the playtest don't expect it anytime in the near future :p

9. Timelord

Timelord Big Damn Hero

I am super nervous that they are gonna push it back to 2014, I actually think I'd leave if they did that...

10. The Thing

The Thing Existential Complex

Out of curiosity, let's say you leave. Now, 2014, the game is out, you'll just ignore it or buy it again? What do you mean by leave?

DeadlyLuvdisc, WoxandWarf and Jonesy like this.
  11. Timelord

Timelord Big Damn Hero

Well, I have purchased the game already, and would still play it, in the duration after the passing of 2014 however, I would regard as an unfortunately inefficient and bad company. This would then be swayed in the opposite direction by the game itself, as I still would love Starbound. The issue then being that I and many others would judge it more critically based on it's long dev time, in turn making me more mad. In reality my anger affects nobody, I would simply be upset at Tiy.

MonkeyRaff and The-Bard like this.
  12. silverx2

silverx2 Void-Bound Voyager

is 2013 still the target for beta?

I'd really love to have something to play inbetween star citizen updates!

Nikki, Zerix and Bethor like this.
  13. Tactix

Tactix Master Chief

I highly doubt you will see a product release here before 2014, maybe the beta, as that still seems to be promised. As soon as I get permission from chucklefish, regarding an email they sent me, I will post it here in the forums, I think you should keep tabs on some more closer to launch titles, just my opinion.

14. silverx2

silverx2 Void-Bound Voyager

Thats a bummer. I think the game landscape has changed so much that its hard for a game to keep the momentum it gets during development when its release moves a bunch. With the sheer volume of games coming out, the sales these games get, its led to much gamers having a huge backlog of games they want to play.

With the upcoming releases that are coming out its going to be hard to find time to squeeze Starbound in, so ill have to make a note to try and avoid spoilers around the web once it does.

15. Rekalty

Rekalty Friend of the Night

A Timelord bothered about delays. Made my day.

Anyhow, until we're told otherwise, the 2013 "date" still stands.

16. McRib

McRib Astral Cartographer

First of all, shut up. I hate people that make statements like yours without any soild ground under them.
    Her is the prof that you are wrong:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/omni-reply-to-community-questions.29051/
    Only tier 3 / polishing and another stuff need to be finish than the beta is ready. ( and small part of tier 2)
    So stop marking panic because you like it. Still the release of the Game is 2013.
    Secondly i really dont believe you that you have an email that say something another as a release than 2013.

My apologies if i insolt somebody but im german ;) and one thing what a german really hate if somebody lie to them directly.

McRib

17. Ryokozen

Ryokozen Orbital Explorer

Pretty sure everyone hates that

Tolisk, pankakeman, Manilly and 4 others like this.
  18. schwarzwolf

schwarzwolf Void-Bound Voyager

Well, i am aswell german, but would avoid to write shut up to somebody in a forum and i am always trying to avoid insulting peoples, even, when i can become a bit sarcastic sometimes . ;)

Ok, its aswell hard for me waiting all the time and i would be happy to have the beta out still this month, because then i don't have so much time anymore and woudn't be able to play the game a lot, but i don't think this would happen anymore.

At least we have something to play for the christmas holidays, if the beta is ready then. ;)

And yes, there are indeed some other games in development, who looks very nice. But i think some hours for Starbound should be still there. ^^

19. Zoolot

Zoolot Existential Complex

What is that in the air? Smells a bit like bull feces to me.

WoxandWarf, Cheerful_Toe and Tactix like this.
  20. Tactix

Tactix Master Chief

Starbound
    Sep 1 (1 day ago)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    to me
    [​IMG]

Hey Danny,

We're genuinely not trying to keep anyone in the dark, and we're sorry if you feel that we are! It's just the opposite, really.
    We update on the progress of the game daily and have been working as quickly as we can to get the beta out. It's no secret that the final release may not make it for 2013, but you will definitely be able to play Starbound before the end of the year. :)

Thanks so much for supporting us, hope you find the beta is worth it. :)

---
    Molly Carroll
    Community Manager, Chucklefish
    chucklefish.org | playstarbound.com
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Danny Lowery
    10:54 PM (17 hours ago)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    to Starbound
    [​IMG]

The road map says 2013 no matter what, I almost posted this in the forums but then decided it would, more than likely, create a pr nightmare and take away from development, as you'd have to deal with all the other antsy people as well. Asked a buddy on it too, well I guess just get it done I suppose, and I would totally send you guys a bit extra cash to get the as is demo, you know (like everyone does) that the community would be ecstatic to get their hands on just that, put a restriction in only allowing people to walk 100 bricks in any direction, just do something, or don't but everyone is all in the air, except the hardcore fan boys.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Danny Lowery
    11:33 PM (16 hours ago)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    to Starbound
    [​IMG]

Can I post this email on the forums? It contains information that contradicts your webpage, I think (as said earlier) all donors should be kept fully in the loop on this, that is the goal with the updates and such, correct?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Starbound
    5:59 AM (9 hours ago)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    to me
    [​IMG]

Hey Danny,

A full release in 2013 is less likely now, however there will be a beta available in 2013 no matter what. Our website could definitely use some updating anyway, but all of this information is out there. We talk to the community constantly.
    [​IMG]

The-Bard and Bethor like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.