11 August Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by GeorgeV, Aug 12, 2013.

1. 1John5vs7

1John5vs7 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

tassina likes this.
  2. Greatblackshark

Greatblackshark Cosmic Narwhal

Wow, another person that was part of the exclusive Asheron's call WI-Flag club. I remember my guild using my wi-flag to exploit enemies by forming a defensive line in front of me to block all the creatures allowing the DPS to focus and kill targets selectively. As long as I was kept alive the behaviour of the mobs were very predictable ;)

3. marchello35

marchello35 Big Damn Hero

That is going to make you go to the bathroom... like a clock xd mm anyway I don't think there is bathrooms in the game...

1John5vs7 likes this.
  4. Lord Hatty

Lord Hatty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

:rolleyes: Guys, are we for real on this beta stuff? Like, honestly. Tiy has already said not expect an August release, and aside from that, that doesn't matter anyways. The estimate they have given us is 2013. Not early 2013. Not mid-2013. Nothing more specific than 2013. How do you know that they won't release on December 31st? It'd still be 2013. Just chill. These guys are doing such enormously hard work, overdoing all of the original expectations of this game. I mean just compare the original diversity demo to the new one. Go back and look at the thing that they were GOING to release Summer of 2012. This game has so much work put into it, and I don't see there being anything wrong with simply waiting until Christmas. If they rushed out an incomplete AI system, and incomplete enemy system, and an incomplete "insert anything related to the game here" system you would feel gibbed and you'd complain again.

Just be patient. We're all aware that this game is something of a masterpiece, so why is it that you would rather a lazy, rushed masterpiece over a refined and ready one?

-------------------------

On another note, I really wonder what that grey fruit thing is.. o_O Maybe Glitch food? :giggle: Can't wait to grow Robot plants!

5. Vin

Vin Void-Bound Voyager

Glitch food is probably the same as any other food. Except that it has been under pressure and heat for thousands of years. ;)
    I agree with your views on the beggars, though.

6. Snookies12

Snookies12 Master Chief

Finally pre-ordered Starbound today! So these news updates are all the more exciting now. :sparta:

tassina and ChadWicky like this.
  7. blackbolta

blackbolta Space Penguin Leader

Welcome to the waiting club.

tassina and killpay like this.
  8. MithranArkanere

MithranArkanere Space Kumquat

I wonder... will fruit-producing plants be random too like creatures and trees, or a banana tree is always a banana tree?

9. 11clock

11clock Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]

tassina likes this.
  10. 2030

2030 Void-Bound Voyager

I like little mini-updates like this. It reminds me that not everything has to be done in big steps. ;)

tassina likes this.
  11. jambox5

jambox5 Big Damn Hero

you picked the most painful color to type in lol. Even though your point is valid, it burnsssssssssssssss

Ἄνουβις likes this.
  12. Redheat

Redheat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

huehuehue

hmm....there's 4 items in the top row of food items....and beta has 4 letters...:idea:

and banana starts with a b.....and so does beta.... so this means....:idea:

BETA.......is still probably months away :whistle:

13. ParadoxDraco

ParadoxDraco Void-Bound Voyager

Or maybe it means Beta is just a herb...

14. Dis

Dis Phantasmal Quasar

Didn't you hear? The cake is a... Oh, who am I kidding? Of course there is cake! Mollygos is on the team! :catface2:

tassina and lpp911 like this.
  15. steelwing

steelwing Big Damn Hero

Right here. :p :D

tassina and Bacon like this.
  16. Yopenguin

Yopenguin Orbital Explorer

If Starbound Beta comes out while I'm on vacation, I'm creating a teleporter to get back to my house

tassina, killpay and ChadWicky like this.
  17. DevDog

DevDog Master Chief

Yum those cherries sure look good.:D

18. Oddpong

Oddpong Gross...

Mmm... cooooorn.

19. :O! This is a conspiracy :p

20. imrevned

imrevned Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Could have been worse.

tassina, Kalrirr and killpay like this.