1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Daimera - Breaking in the RoR Fan Art Forum!

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by Daimera, May 5, 2013.

1. MoonyJello

MoonyJello Existential Complex

These are great! I was getting sick of my background too.

• QuaziPance

QuaziPance Subatomic Cosmonaut

I very rarely change my wallpaper. But I couldn't resist this one. Thanks for sharing. Should change title to just "Breaking the RoR fan art forum" because seriously, who wants to be the one to follow after this.

• Daimera

Daimera Cosmic Narwhal

So, I was playing around with Al.chemy to illustrate to a friend of mine how I rough-draft armor with it (live symmetry for the win). I kinda sorta accidentally the Commando. I dropped some overlay on it in Photoshoop 7 afterwards by just sampling off the sprite, and apparently some of those colors turn pinkish with overlay. Oops. Oh well, Commando's just fabulous, I guess.

[​IMG]

Smuggy, Brassqund, Pastuleio and 6 others like this.
        • Myth

Myth Space Penguin Leader

Kind of reminds me of a male Samus xD

• MoonyJello

MoonyJello Existential Complex

Very nice, and thanks for linking to Alchemy!
            This is something I could use right now!

• Daimera? Daimera from dA? Ohai! Glad to see your works once more o3o
              I look forward for more horrible monsters to haunt everyone's dreams forever and ever.

• Daimera

Daimera Cosmic Narwhal

Yep, it's me!

The horribleness of the monsters here in this particular forum will likely be relative to the horribleness of whatever shows up in the game. So far things have been pretty tame, but there's nowhere near the full amount of content available currently than what's been promised, so there's still a good deal of time for this to be remedied~ <3

• Daimera

Daimera Cosmic Narwhal

It's been a while since I worked on the Magma Worm wallpaper, I don't usually work on large canvases with backgrounds and stuff, so I've been putting it off because lazy. Here's another WIP of it.

[​IMG]

This is all being painted on a single layer, so some things are wonky yet because I'm gonna go back and touch them up after (like the fire going behind the pillar).

Smuggy, Brassqund, BlastRed and 2 others like this.
                  • Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

Very cool... er... hot! I like your more traditional method of painting onto one layer; it makes for a more 'true painting' experience. For a work in progress, it's already very much finished!

• Pastuleio

Pastuleio Risk of Rain Developer

Looks amazing so far Daimera!
                      Keep it up :)

Daimera and AbeX300 like this.
                      • Daimera

Daimera Cosmic Narwhal

Obligatory quick-ish painting of Acrid, because the moment my first run with him ended I was like "This is getting a fanart".

[​IMG]

My only question is, why they decided to chain up something that's clearly violent with caustic/poison/diseased saliva right in the hold with everyone else? I mean, it gives the impression that perhaps it's a space pirate or something who was captured by the Huntress and is being delivered somewhere as a precaution and needs to be kept under surveillance, but given projectile poison/disease is one of its specialties, it just seems like that'd be hazardous to others in-transit in the event Acrid decides it has nothing left to lose and would rather take everyone out with it. Perhaps his hangar sprite could use a muzzle or something, with just a little bit of poison dripping out from it. Or a collar of some sort, a sort of kill-switch that'd off the creature in the event it tries anything funny, which could possibly also deliver warning shocks. Either of which could break off or be easily removed by claw after the crash.

I think too hard about these things, but this is the kind of stuff that happens in the space setting in my headworld, haha.

• Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

That looks fucking badass.

Daimera and Rawrquaza like this.
                          • Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

Wah, looks great! Apparently, there's been a massive update I've missed out on, because I have no idea who this is, even though they look pretty amazing in your artwork.
                            Nice one!

Daimera and Rawrquaza like this.
                            • DNLK

DNLK Scruffy Nerf-Herder

And then you guys all should draw something of Huntress cause she's a badass! Probably new favorite class both with miner.

Daimera likes this.
                              • Rawrquaza

Rawrquaza Existential Complex

Amazing art, and I had that same question the instant I saw him. All the other characters (possible exception being the bandit) have what are presumably fully insulated space suits of varying degrees on though, so they hopefully wouldn't contract diseases easily. Acid is another story, of course. :zombie:

Daimera likes this.
                                • Pastuleio

Pastuleio Risk of Rain Developer

That is such an amazing drawing!

Lord Fatso and Daimera like this.
                                  • Daimera

Daimera Cosmic Narwhal

Thanks a ton, guys, for the positive feedback!

As for the other classes, like Huntress, I'm planning on eventually drawing some perhaps cell-shaded pics of them all, perhaps when the projected 10 are fully released. I really like them all, armored badasses are always keen in my book, but Acrid just needed to be drawn as soon as I could muster because I'm such a huge sucker for frightening bitey creatures.

Rawrquaza likes this.
                                    • needsomemiracle

needsomemiracle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Once I saw the red-white body markings and energy bow it all became clear to me.

From then on my headcanon is this: Huntress is a togruta from the SW universe. Her weapon is activated by Force, like a lightsaber, except it's a bow.

Oh, and the Acrid picture is totally cool, Daimera.

Lord Fatso likes this.
                                      • Rawrquaza

Rawrquaza Existential Complex

YOU DID THIS TO ME.

[​IMG]

Daimera likes this.
                                        • Daimera

Daimera Cosmic Narwhal

YOU ASKED FOR IT

Rawrquaza likes this.