1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed I have a preorder donor badge but I haven't preordered anything yet

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Skulblaka, Jul 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skulblaka

Skulblaka Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have the penguin badge, but I haven't prerdered anything yet. I'm planning to (and really want to drop the $75 to be in the credits but I don't have that much extra money ;-; ), but I just realized today that was a preorder badge and I got it for apparently no reason. If I already have a preorder (I don't, but hey) I'd like to know so I don't buy another by accident, and if I don't have one already I don't want to be a poser.

2. Siloxis

Siloxis Big Damn Hero

What have this to do with a poser?
    You support the devs, thats no posing, that is investing in a great game =)

so back to your Question.
    It os possible to get the badge to anyone you want to. So maybe someone made a misstake or a friend of you gave it to you.

After pre ordering you get a key, for the badge and some options depending on your pre order packet. There is a line where you can put in the Name of the Forum Account that gets the Badge, that must not be yourself you can give it to everyone else.
    So better look twice what names you have typed in before hitting the Submit button :)

Jonesy likes this.
  3. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

If you got a badge, but you didn't preorder the game, that means someone else may have given you their badge by mistake. Lucky you.

4. Skulblaka

Woo, lucky me!
    In that case I'll get on preordering my copy as soon as I can so I can earn that badge.

5. Yup. Lucky you, sadly 15$ tier without badge, le sadness.

SLOW_oranges and Ἄνουβις like this.
  6. Insanitor

Insanitor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Question: I pre-ordered however, and doesn't have a badge! :eek:

Do i have to redeem it from somewhere?

Edit: NVM, no Badge for Pixel Tier! ^^

7. nia

nia Master Chief

please bagde for pixel tier :p

Pingeh likes this.
  8. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

Nope. Badges are a show of support above and beyond the call. Basically that you are willing to pay more then the game is currently valued at. (though personally i would like a pixel badge since that is the tier I am on but I understand why you don't get one).

9. Brancakez

Brancakez Orbital Explorer

I think it would be interesting if, after you preorder on say pixel tier, you decide you want more badges and you could later donate more money to unlock them.
    Just a thought ^-^

10. It's difficult to do "upgrades":
    You can purchase more than one tier normally, however.

11. Then you must give it to someone else, and the cycle continues. A la Pay It Forward.
    Must be a conspiracy by the devs.
    Let the truth out, now. Stop the madness.

Pingeh likes this.
  12. Skulblaka

I like that idea. Enjoy your new badge! If I can figure out how to do it....

13. Don't give it to me! D:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.