Playable Race- Kwi

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Vorco Rot-Gut, Apr 20, 2012.

1. DubiousDastard

DubiousDastard Star Wrangler

I'm not usually a big fan of anthropomorphic animals, but these guys are really charming. Good job!

2. Chamomileable

Chamomileable Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think this is a comedic and wonderfully novel idea, but maybe not for a player race. NPC maybe. Thus far all player races have been on the same physique sprite template and I doubt that will change.

Vorco Rot-Gut likes this.
  3. Vorco Rot-Gut

Vorco Rot-Gut Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]
    Well I was bored and was thinking what a kwi npc would look like and it was kinda adorable.

Also I just realized the male is Luigi and the female is fire power Mario.

4. Rafasmeers

Rafasmeers Subatomic Cosmonaut

These fat guys are so adorable.
    I think I would never thinking of Kiwis in space.
    Nice Idea!

5. FoxBLU

FoxBLU Phantasmal Quasar

That's it, you know what? I'M DONE

THIS IS THE BEST RACE EVER CONCEIVED I NEED THIS ALL OVER MY STARBOUND

JackOfAllTrades likes this.
  6. Vorco Rot-Gut

[​IMG]
    I just realized no one could see the other one V:

FoxBLU likes this.
  7. FoxBLU

FoxBLU Phantasmal Quasar

You seriously have to make this a mod if it doesn't make it

8. Vorco Rot-Gut

Well a playable race seems very hard for someone with my attention span, so I was hoping maybe an NPC. Though I do like the little Kwi more so if a playable one would be available they might be tiny now c:

FoxBLU likes this.
  9. Chamomileable

Chamomileable Subatomic Cosmonaut

I doubt they'd be playable since they don't follow a human body type, but I can totally dig seeing these guys going about their day at settlements and stuff. Cool little neutral guys to add flavor to the world.

10. JackOfAllTrades

JackOfAllTrades Cosmic Narwhal

First I thought they were penguins, then I thought they were kiwis. In reality, I don't care what they are, they're adorable and they're awesome.

Now, they don't match the humanoid body type that is needed for playable races (as others have stated), plus we kind of already have a bird race. Regardless, I'd really like for them to be in the game, even if only as an NPC race.

11. BannanaMonarch

BannanaMonarch Void-Bound Voyager

Kwi2.png
    I would love to work on this with you and I would be happy remaking the armors for the Kwi,
    The only problem I see would be when a player holds items, they hold them in a specific place, and the
    Kwi would have the item near there belly instead of in their hand unless you could somehow code where it
    Would bee held. I would be happy making a .gif of the Kwi in the character creator switching up parts and poses.I love the idea of gender specific crests,colors and beaks like real birds. I like the bird, the idea, and the possibility of being able to play as them. Getting a full spritesheet of these in the default brown would be my first goal if I where you though.

EDIT: and if not a playable character, an NPC or smaller pet Kwi would be awesome.

Vorco Rot-Gut likes this.
  12. Tleno

Tleno Spaceman Spiff

Was it really necceseary to necropost this thread?

13. BannanaMonarch

What's a necropost?

14. Tleno

Tleno Spaceman Spiff

It's a crime punished by death in twelve galaxies and several forums on planet Earth. To put it simple, it's extremely unpolite to "revive" an old thread that's been forgotten for ages and lays i nthe deepest bowels of the forum.

KruczekIIV likes this.
  15. BannanaMonarch

this thread is old?
    EDIT: this thread was started Apr 20! its Apr 23... its not old, and i still like the idea

16. Tleno

Tleno Spaceman Spiff

It was created in the last year's April, and three months since last posting on it... also, necroposting is immportant when it comes to last post date, not when it was created! And, well, think you should understand than on such active forums a thread that haven't been touched for 3 months is "dead". Also, enough mentoring from me...

17. Vorco Rot-Gut

If you would like to work on them feel free c: I really am too scattered to work on normal projects like this. That said I would love to see what you could do with it!

18. Wornstorm

Wornstorm Void-Bound Voyager

Who did you're sprites?

19. Vorco Rot-Gut

I did! I tried at least :p

20. Wornstorm

Wornstorm Void-Bound Voyager

There really good, how did you're thread get so popular by the way?