1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What are your favourite Sci-fi melee weapons?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Oct 21, 2012.

1. ThePIT

ThePIT Subatomic Cosmonaut

orly ? That's very interesting I have to check it now and make sure what was first, chicken or an egg :)

2. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

[​IMG]

bleach pre-dates maple story by a good while trust me. (renji's blade ^)

3. Dis

Dis Phantasmal Quasar

And so does SoulCalibur, with Ivy and her snakesword. :catface2:

4. LordPants

LordPants Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Vibro blades, chainswords, gravity hammers(halo), light sabers, power fist and drill arm

5. Digs

Digs Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't know if these have been mentioned yet, but: Chainswords! Warhammer style, a chainsaw blade with a handle. Also, Chainax! An ax with a chainsaw blade on the head.

Also, like the poster above suggests: Power fists!

6. [​IMG]

Dragon Tooth Sword from DX.

BurningMercury likes this.
  7. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

in this case it was about the sword's appearance and not its whip-like feature specifically tho

8. Corsair114

Corsair114 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've a lot, but I think one I'd like to see included is the oh-so-venerable, well, the video speaks for itself I think.

9. Sir Logan

Sir Logan Phantasmal Quasar

10. LoneRobo

LoneRobo Sandwich Man

Any and all Warhammer 40k weapons would be AWESOME!

11. Lonejoe

Lonejoe Subatomic Cosmonaut

not exactly a weapon.... but. The sonic Screwdriver

12. I Said No

I Said No Cosmic Narwhal

There's one Warhammer 40k weapon I always particularly liked - the Harlequin's Kiss. Eldar Harlequins use it - It's a sharp tube-like weapon you stab into the target, which causes a coil of molecule-thin wire to lash out inside the target, liquefying them from the inside. The weapon does this so quickly the friction causes the wire to heat up greatly, also heating up everything it strikes inside the target.

The end result is that the target essentially explodes into a spray of boiling viscera that will scald everything nearby.

13. Glutenusmax

Glutenusmax Void-Bound Voyager

Oh wow, this is an easy one. Obviously, a sword you swing that pewpews out lazors... duh. I mean, honestly, who doesn't want a sword that pewpews out lazors? Imagine, a man jumps you from behind a dumpster, you dodge backwards as he lashes out at you with his blunt, rusty spork. Then, from your magical null-space, you retrieve your sicktastical lazor pewpewing sword, swing it and... voila! Le lazors erupting from your sword like a jug full of milk being poured on a little demon baby, in other words, effective!

flippitydip likes this.
  14. yvolcarn

yvolcarn Space Penguin Leader

But of course, it's the SWORDSPLOSION!!!
    In case you aren't familiar with it, it's a gun that shoots swords that explode into three smaller swords, which ALSO explode.
    I count it as a melee weapon because SWORDS. That is all.

Menasor and LordPants like this.
  15. Zithorio

Zithorio Subatomic Cosmonaut

The Singer's Sword is cool too.

[​IMG]

And all the power that comes with it of course.

16. darkqueen

darkqueen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The space pirate troppers from metroids arm scythe

Attached Files:

Menasor likes this.
  17. flippitydip

flippitydip Big Damn Hero

Reality-altering guns. Guns so powerful that they rip a whole in space time you can jump through to make you faster than light. When they power up it looks as if it's sucking reality into itself and warps everything. Maybe an improbability gun O:

18. MahBucket

MahBucket Cosmic Narwhal

That doesn't sound very melee to me...

My favorite is the Frying Pan from TF2. It's Sci-Fi because it does as much damage as an axe that can break through steel for some reason.
    [​IMG]

19. NotFarlong

NotFarlong Void-Bound Voyager

Ribbed handle...for your erm..swinging pleasure!

Corsair114 likes this.
  20. Digs

Digs Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Chainscythe!

[​IMG]