1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Month would you think Beta is going to start? (Poll)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by CrimsonWingzz, May 15, 2013.

?

Which month do you think Beta is gonna be out?

1. May

49 vote(s)
    3.5%
  2. June

353 vote(s)
    25.2%
  3. July

403 vote(s)
    28.7%
  4. August

265 vote(s)
    18.9%
  5. September

143 vote(s)
    10.2%
  6. October

54 vote(s)
    3.8%
  7. November

23 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. December

112 vote(s)
    8.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrimsonWingzz

CrimsonWingzz Pangalactic Porcupine

There should be a poll for people like you that says "Original, Not".
    And also, this is a pretty old thread that keeps getting revived.

2. doguso

doguso Big Damn Hero

It's going to be either the 22 or the 104 people who actually get it right (Nov/Dec), while the hundreds of others were way off....

But here's hoping for August!

3. HellFireSoul

HellFireSoul Big Damn Hero

Recent daily update says almost every major feature is complete, so I'm thinking probably late august-early september for beta.

4. Delimar

Delimar Star Wrangler

Here is how I am looking at this. Almost every major feature is complete. The only thing left is Quests and all of the minor features. These minor features are, more or less, quality of life features that can be added in at any time. With that said, We are extremely close to a Beta. I say we will hear news about it in the next 2 weeks. If not, we will definitely see more of it at http://insomniagamingfestival.com/whatson/whats-on-minecraft/.

5. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

2 weeks is just delusional imo, they would have already announced the beta if that was the case.
    Id say minimum 4 weeks in the case of an insanely optimistic estimate. most likely 6 before any actual big news in reality imho

6. doguso

doguso Big Damn Hero

We may hear something for the August Newspaper thing

7. Delimar

Delimar Star Wrangler

I said "hear news about it...", not it will come out then

8. iceLando

iceLando Orbital Explorer

Didn't Bartwe stated that the Beta probably won't come before December?

9. Delimar

Delimar Star Wrangler

With how much they have accomplished this week. I seriously doubt that it would come in December. I hear some people say Bartwe said a comment on how it will take months till we see it, but I have yet to find it myself. I would really like a link to this

10. LordHavoc

LordHavoc Phantasmal Quasar

It's looking like September: They're going to be demonstrating it at the Insomnia event, near the end of August. So they won't release a playable beta before then; otherwise, hardly anyone will pay to go to the event to get some starbound cake.

11. iceLando

iceLando Orbital Explorer

Here, this is the supposed IRC channel chat where Bartwe mentions a Dec beta release date:

12. Yes it's known already that bart pointed how hard it would be get Beta ON before December.

That way most of who the users who voted are WRONG. It looks the least voted options are the more likely to be when the beta shows up. :lolwut:

13. LordHavoc

LordHavoc Phantasmal Quasar

I admit...wishful thinking steered my voting choice (July)

14. Gnomechompski

Gnomechompski Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Im guessing september. If the gameplay world premier in Invasion goes well, at the end of august. Pretty sure we won't get anything before that. August's newsletter will be about the damn instruments and singing. September's newsletter MAY get infos about the beta.

15. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

So did i
    I might have worded it a bit akwardly tho

16. Pyloni

Pyloni Astral Cartographer

obviously this month

theyre getting so close

17. Gnomechompski

Gnomechompski Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Think again

18. Delimar

Delimar Star Wrangler

I personally think Bartwe might be full of it there. Watching the progress they had made in the past week alone shows that it is close to being finished. Heck, Tiy has even said his beta release todo list is growing shorter and shorter and is being finalized! From this info, how could it possibly take them 5 months to release a beta? If it takes 5 more months, this will be bad business. If this is just for the Beta, then you can forget a full release in 2013. I guess we'll find out.

Edit: I'm trying to be optimistic, but at the same time, I'm also trying to be realistic. If Yogscast is going to be playing it in August, then it really can't be too far away. They don't want to show it to us unfinished. If they show it to Yogscast, then it can't be too far from finished.

19. Towwl

Towwl Phantasmal Quasar

At the rate everything is going right now it seems the beta will be out around Insomnia. Besides, getting the beta out so late in the year would lead to not very much time for beta feedback with their proposed release date.

20. Delimar

Delimar Star Wrangler

Tiy said:
    :scissors:
    I just want to make sure everyone knows we're not holding back a finished game for advertising reasons or anything like that.​
    If the game is ready before insomnia, we'll bring it out right away. The exposure will still be great for us. If it's not ready yet, then it makes for a nice preview.​
    :scissors:

Does this sound like it won't be ready till December?

Edit: I fail at copy pasting quotes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.