Desert Star, Inc.

Discussion in 'Corporations Archive' started by LazerEagle1, Apr 30, 2013.

1. LazerEagle1

LazerEagle1 Master Astronaut

Greetings, everybody. It is me, Lazer here. Today I am going to tell you about my recent business venture.​
    -What We Do-​
    You see, the Universe is a dangerous place, and with a lot of interstellar trade and commerce going on, it is a very pressing measure to make sure you have adequate protection. Desert Star, Inc. is a solution to your problems. We are a budding Militia and Guard corporation. We will do just about any work that requires soldiers, or of course an army. Waging a war? We'll be right there. Need somebody to guard a convoy delivering goods? Check. Want us to invade a competitor's homeworld? You're the boss! Our code of ethics is simple. There is none. You pay us, and we do whatever it is you need us to. Simple as that. ​
    -About us-​
    We are currently a very small company, settled on the Novakid planet of Arizonia. It is a desert planet, which was discovered by myself and several other of my friends a few years ago. Being Apex, we taught the native Novakids the path of knowledge, and we now have a large amount of modern industry on the planet. Of course, we still do rely on obsolete technology such as the External Combustion Engine a bit, seeing as the Novakids already have the framework of a railway in place, but the native population has been modernized quite significantly.​
    -Current Needs-​
    We are currently undersupplied. We have an adequate amount of money to purchase weapons, however we have not found a provider of weapons yet. A slave-trading business would also be of extreme use. We are looking into the possibility of training Poptops, both youth and adult, how to operate basic firearms, and how to communicate.​
    -Contact-​
    We currenty have no clients, but would be willing to start servicing right now! So if you have any questions, concerns, or need a service for you, feel free to send me a message.​

2. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

We are currently looking at setting up a mining complex in your area, and would gladly hire your security staff.

We can provide the required materials to perform your task, so long as you are trained well enough.

Your crew is competent on how to pilot a starfighter, yes?

3. LazerEagle1

Of course we can pilot starfighters!

We'll gladly accept the offer! Thank you for being our first client!

4. Zoolot

Zoolot Existential Complex

I would join you, but I'm a lone wolf. A knife from the shadows with a flick of the wrist, darkness.

LazerEagle1 likes this.
  5. SivCorp

Very good then.

We will be sending a cargo vessel and two starfighters to Arizonia to meet. I require a little more information on your capabilities....

First, how large is your crew? We foresee only needing a couple hundred troops. You will be responsible for supplying their basic needs, we can only provide hardware and weapons.
    Second, we are looking to set up in your system on the moon of the large planet of Darious II. Our mining freighters will be traveling between the moon and the planet. There isn't a strong pirate force in your area, yes?
    Third, if there is a pirate force, we would need a couple thousand troops, possibly, and we can provide housing, ships and hardware.
    Lastly, our going wage for mercenaries is 150 pxl a day, is that acceptable? We will also pay a bonus of 500,000 pxl upon completion of our mining operations, which will be in approximately 18 months.

Thank you for your aid, it will be most profitable!

6. SivCorp

Our ship has arrived, Do you accept our current proposal?

7. LazerEagle1

Yes. I apologize that it took so long for my reply. But yes, I do accept this offer.

8. SivCorp

Very good then, we will begin immediately.

Our cargo vessel will orbit the moon of Darious II. It will fill with refined ores that the refinery we build on the moon surface will provide. The mines on Darious II will provide the necessary ores.

You will be tasked with providing security for the mines, and the shipping route between them and the moon. We will provide security for the freighter and beyond.

We will set up a barracks for your men on the moon surface near the refinery. you can equip and train there.

Here is the first instalment for your services.

*hands over 900,000 pixels*

That should cover 200 troops for one month. We will pay on the month.

Thank you again for your services.

9. Opirian

Opirian Subatomic Cosmonaut

((please provide a clearly defined code of ethics))

10. SivCorp

I'd like to thank you for your continued security in the sector. We are fully operational now, and are running at peak efficiency.

We are processing ores at 4 tons per hour, running continually.
    I estimate our work will be done in 6 months. Here is your next installment of payment.
    *transfers another 900,000 pxls*
    I trust your men enjoyed the upgrades we did for them at the barracks? Good.

Oh, and feel free to keep the booty from those pirates you dispatched... consider it a bonus for work well done.

11. SimYouLater

SimYouLater Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Incoming message from GECorp...

URGENT: Military forces needed to protect mining crews on Seria. Stand by for further info.

12. LazerEagle1

Military Forces can be supplied. Approximately how large of a force will you require?

13. LazerEagle1

((Done. Sorry, I meant to reply to this earlier, but absolutely forgot until I got a reply on here.))

14. LazerEagle1

Thank you, SivCorp. My men are reporting that they are enjoying the new barracks very nicely. Thank you for doing that!

Thank you as well for allowing us to keep te loot that we recieved from those pirates. It's much appreciated. Also, speaking of pirates, it does seem like your sector is getting increasingly more dangerous. Are you in need of any extra soldiers?

15. SimYouLater

Exact figures are unknown at present, but it will be a planet-wide operation. The intent is for all sources of platinum on the planet to be mined by SivCorp on behalf of GECorp; this will require large numbers of security personnel. We are currently waiting for a response from SivCorp, to confirm that they will provide the mining facilities and workers.

16. LazerEagle1

Yes. I see. As the sector around Seria seems to always be up to trouble, I can see that a large amount of personnel will be required.

Do you have an estimate on when they will be needed? If I have enough time, I can try to acquire some Poptops to train as soldiers. They're cheap, and reproduce quickly so are highly expendable, and they are much more dangerous than a normal person.

As each Poptop must be individually trained, however, the price for a Poptop soldier is twice that of a normal one, so you could perhaps go 50/50 and mix the two.

17. SivCorp

Glad to hear that your men enjoy our facilities for them. And your welcome.

There has been an increase in pirate activity, but so far your forces and ours have been adequate. So for now, our current arrangement will be fine. GECorp and Siv Corp are working on a joint venture, however, and will most likely be increase your business by a large amount. Should be lucrative :up:

18. SimYouLater

Unfortunately they will be needed on short notice, so we will be going entirely with ordinary personnel. How much will this cost?

19. LazerEagle1

The standard price is 150 pixels, per mercenary, per day. I'm willing to haggle.

20. SimYouLater

For a planet-wide operation... that would come into the millions of pixels, per day.

Well, we're in too deep to stop now. We'll pay for 1,000 mercenaries for now. The total would come to 150,000 pixels a day. If we provide the weapons, can you lower that price by 30 pixels per mercenary?