7th July Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Armagon, Jul 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XRiZUX

XRiZUX Spaceman Spiff

I'm really happy to see a flute in action, the sounds are nice too. One thing I would like to say though, I think the sounds are a little too sharp for my taste. I like how smooth the sounds are when Tiy swims underwater while playing the instrument.

So I guess what I'm asking is if there are going to be soft sounds on some instruments above water?

If you still don't know what I'm talking about, look at this video with Tiy showing how the music system was like:
    Code:
    http://www.twitch.tv/chucklefishlive/b/424581692

At 0:10:35 he jumps into the water and plays the instrument, you can notice how it sounds smoother and more relaxing.

Ammonite likes this.
  2. Jhoozle

Jhoozle Master Chief

Ok

1.) Damn cool.
    2.) You can't stop at letting players create files outside of the game. It just won't do until you create an in-game editor. Nothing fancy but something that doesn't require leaving the game.
    3.) Band Mate NPC and buildable stage's and props for concerts. :)

Samus0000 and Ammonite like this.
  3. Juxtor

Juxtor Phantasmal Quasar

Nice! Now I just want to see a way to play in real time manually rather than just playing back a pre-recorded ABC file. And record the manual performance to be played again later.

4. Sethial

Sethial Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well that sure is awesome, id even call it niffty. If it was a canned pasta it would be called niffty-roni's, If it was a place it would be capital of the Niffty state Nifftonia, if it was gender specific pronouns it would be Nifft-he and Nifft-her, (Hold on last one I promise) If it was a crime drama it would be called Law and Order Niffty Intent. Sorry for the cheese but great job :)!

Ammonite and riseoflegends like this.
  5. Ayer99

Ayer99 Orbital Explorer

Holy jezus.... That was the most beautiful thing I have ever heard.....

(And on a side note, if the BETA release could be delayed a couple months to allow the addition of a dinosaur that, when struck on the back, acts as a piano, I would greatly appreciate it)

:rofl:

:]

6. TheJudge

TheJudge Space Penguin Leader

Interesting...

7. Parad0x13

Parad0x13 Void-Bound Voyager

Dude, shut the f*ck up

8. voltfan

voltfan Void-Bound Voyager

Please, Please, PLEASE add an ocarina, and a portal gun! :D
    ANd amazing update! +100,000,000 Internet points.

9. Jayson

Jayson Big Damn Hero

This. all this. this is beautiful.

10. voltfan

Paradox, calm down. I too would find it to be more productive if they would work on core features. I think many people would agree with this. EDIT: And it's not like he demanded that they work on core features, He asked if they could, so he can play it at a time when he is of from school.

Johan, Ammonite and ChadWicky like this.
  11. Ebondragon

Ebondragon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So many people are going to loose so much of their lives to this game...seriously you guys rock!

Samiz, AdenSword and voltfan like this.
  12. GamerX

GamerX Orbital Explorer

Huuuuuuuphhhhhhh (c)
    Tam tam tam 'tam tadam tam tam tadaaam
    I want to play the Imperial March!

13. Cookie_Pickaxezz123

Cookie_Pickaxezz123 Aquatic Astronaut

Its... Beatiful :') Also loving those music not particle effects!

14. magnus_vir

magnus_vir Aquatic Astronaut

sweet, GLaD someone made this song. hope my post when instruments first came up held some inspiration to this. this was the first song that came to mind when I heard of that announcement.

15. AdenSword

AdenSword Pangalactic Porcupine

GO PORTAL YOU HAVE THE BEST SONGS FOR A VIDEO GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

on the topic of StarBound GO STARBOUND YOU HAVE THE BEST INSTRUMENTS FOR A VIDEO GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: starbound is officially the best video game EVAR EVAR EVAR EVAR EVAR now all we need is a turret http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGPIQ72-2Vg

16. Scruffy

Scruffy Pangalactic Porcupine

Sweeet, but will there be pianos?

17. voltfan

You don't even understand, I have gone to some serious extents getting ready to play, and making sure everything will be uninterupted. :D Hope to say everyone in the beta!

18. Ebondragon

Ebondragon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Heh, somehow I don't doubt it. Although given the nature of this update I have to admit your user icon has me laughing. ;)

19. SkeletonGamer123

SkeletonGamer123 Subatomic Cosmonaut

what is that theme
    Someone plz replay

20. Lonejoe

Lonejoe Subatomic Cosmonaut

i was about to pause the video.... but as soon as i got my cursor over the pause button i figure out what song it was

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.