7th July Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Armagon, Jul 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ingwaz

Ingwaz Big Damn Hero

I wasnt sure how much I was going to like this side project, but this looks pretty fun. Hopefully a UI will be put in place where you can upload songs to the game and have your character play them automatically based off which songs you pick from your own list. I'm guessing that's what you were talking about in the post.

2. Joeking213

Joeking213 Void-Bound Voyager

make sure you get harmonica's and African kalimbas...just wanna make sure haha.

TheUnartist likes this.
  3. Oudech

Oudech Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh my god.
    The music... it's so smooth and pretty!
    The instruments all play smoothly together, and it sounds fantastic!

4. Grakiao

Grakiao Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That portal music man, amazing stuff!

5. cooltv27

cooltv27 Heliosphere

I have no idea how I recognized that song, I havnt played portal or seen any videos of it in a few years!
    anyways, will there be eye of the tiger at all, if yes, YAAAAAAA TOTALLY WORTH IT!, if no, SOMEONE MAKE IT!

6. Phamurt

Phamurt Starship Captain

They are/have been. The developers have stated multiple times that they want to bring the game up to an acceptable level that will express what they believe to be a highly enjoyable experience for the player.

7. MachineRiver6

MachineRiver6 Void-Bound Voyager

SOOOOOOOOO...... AWESOME........

8. SephirothWS

SephirothWS Phantasmal Quasar

Whoa, this is an AMAZING feature, can't wait to get a group of friends together and get an .abc I started working on recorded & uploaded to Youtube! Keep up the excellent work everyone! :)

Now to do something about this song that's going to be stuck in my head for the next week or two...

9. Connorses

Connorses Big Damn Hero

(EDIT): That flute sounds bad in the lower octave because the sample slows down so much you can hear the pitch bend each note. You can tell if you listen to the end when there's some higher notes it sounds better. My suggestion is either modify it so the flute plays an octave higher or have a second sample only used for the low notes. Just like how synthesizers work. That or change the instrumentation for Still Alive. xD

But hey it's great to see so much progress being made, for science.

crossflip likes this.
  10. bounding star

bounding star Existential Complex

Portal and starbound together?!! :yeahhhh:

AdenSword likes this.
  11. optimus cubed

optimus cubed Void-Bound Voyager

Pretty kewl beans, I am totally going to build a longhouse and become a bard, warning people that the dragon borne comes

donkeyjones and Chadpole like this.
  12. Rueya

Rueya Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This looks so freaking awesome. Imagine journeying together with your intergalactic buddies on a foreign planet. After a long day of traveling when the sun sets, you set up camp and start playing music around the campfire. Thank you Devs!

13. Undead

Undead Subatomic Cosmonaut

make it so we can customize the color of the instruments please
    also make more of theses videos cuz they rock

14. fallingorbit

fallingorbit Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I love it, great update.

15. TheKeyLimit

TheKeyLimit Phantasmal Quasar

Nice!

I have nothing else to say....

;n;

16. LeonLandford

LeonLandford 2.7182818284590...

I fell in love with this game. Again.

17. CM_Wolffe

CM_Wolffe Void-Bound Voyager

The...the portal song? That is so awesome.

18. Seir

Seir Phantasmal Quasar

HELL YES!!!!! That song made me a teary eyed stockholm syndromed goon of a man first time i heard it. D:< Great job. Surprisingly nice harmonization. Rhythm as well. (on the guitars part) Can I request "Want you gone" now? =P OH, and this confirms gravity gun, right? As well as a mock up portal gun? :rofl:

micheel665 and Chadpole like this.
  19. Sowaka

Sowaka Phantasmal Quasar

Just a quick FYI:
    They are focusing on the core features and put in 40+ hour work weeks. During their weekends (days other people would consider free time) they work on their own personal side-projects to experiment with adding new features to the game that weren't planned. Bartwe has spent several of his own weekends coding this in. They're adding to the game when they're not even supposed to be working. :eek:

Anyhow, I absolutely love this. My friends and I are going to have a blast with these instruments! :iswydt:

20. Supagriff

Supagriff Astral Cartographer

You guys are awesome for spending your weekends on Starbound. That really takes love to a whole new level!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.