Ze hurting is not as rewarding as ze healing...

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by Bonabopn, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

One of the things that many multiplayer rpgs miss out on is healing spells/tools designed for other players. Rather than just potion medpack spam, perhaps there could be a healing gun? Or some other tool for healing?

Any other example ideas?

2. Gumdrop Meadowz

Gumdrop Meadowz Cosmic Narwhal

Yes, that is definitely a most needed tool in these types of games! Maybe perhaps it's a device that makes a spot on the ground cause fast regeneration when standing upon it, lasting for a good 15-30 seconds but exhausting a full battery or something, just so it's not too spammable. Also, a device that when running past another player and pressing, it charges their energy needed for their weapon or whatever they're currently holding/using. Not sure what that would end up being called, however... This would really add to the multiplayer experience, definitely. You could have true squadrons of people with their own particular jobs... The healers, the charger supports, the tank/shooters, and crowd controllers or whatever.

Awesome!

FireDrake204 likes this.
  3. Alec

Alec Big Damn Hero

I haz this idea there, Healing Grenades! :D When they explode, they heal everything (enemies also)! Or bloodsucker grenades? Steal health from enemies and heal teammates. And the other way. :p Me and my sh*tty ideas, eh...

PAIN IS JUST WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY!!!

Gumdrop Meadowz likes this.
  4. Gumdrop Meadowz

There's an idea! What if the healing grenades explode, dropping healing magical particles from above, kind of a healing rain of sorts? The bloodsucking, in my opinion, would need a bit more than just straight out life drain kind of stuff, just because it wouldn't make sense as itself... but! It could be where you use this grenade that causes the energy of the body to be pooled close to the surface of their bodies, and thus are incapacitated for a bit (without energy, ya know), and you run up to them and whack 'em with your Cerebral hammer to collect that energy and replenish yours! Here's a dumb quick picture of this said "mind-assisted weaponry" (which should probably be another thread on its own! Okay, I'm starting that one now, too).

Attached Files:

Alec and FireDrake204 like this.
  5. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

it be like TF2 accept everyone got the med guns!

FireDrake204 likes this.
  6. FireDrake204

FireDrake204 Pangalactic Porcupine

Yes, yes, this is a must! Plenty of people want to take the supporting class, this would be perfect for them! How about some sort of Syringe Gun that can heal allies and do slight damage to enemies?

7. Gumdrop Meadowz

That would most certainly be the bee's knees. That's kinda what I was going with for the hammer, packed with needled syringes to suck some life-energy... Not so much from a support standpoint, though. Whacking people with healing hammers doesn't seem quite fitting, so I think your syringe gun would be most excellent! Oh! And the ammo you could get for it could be either draining shot or booster shot! Too perfect!

FireDrake204 likes this.
  8. Alec

Alec Big Damn Hero

Okay, i usually would ask you now what drugs you took, but as an experienced Idiot i have to say: That idea really ain't that bad ._.

9. Kamoda

Kamoda Sandwich Man

What about.. a gun. That shoots donuts. Into other players mouths. Which heals them. And if you feed them too many they explode.
    I'm a fucking genius.

Bonabopn likes this.
  10. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

it be like the fat princess game.

11. Gumdrop Meadowz

How about this, going from my previous post; you have a gun that you shoot at spots on the ground
    (maybe it makes a spot about this big -> [.............................. ] ) Which heals all creatures alike who stand in it, but it becomes pretty stagnant in regeneration quickly, so you shoot another place with an alternate fire of the same gun which saps all creatures in that spot of land (same size). That therefore returns the energy to your regeneration spots, making them more beneficial. Obviously, this'd be nice in both gameplays: solo or group. Maybe, just maybe, as the charge flies from the gun, it can somewhat look like a sprinkled donut, just to touch on all bases ;)

12. Stealhaus

Stealhaus Tentacle Wrangler

Or at least potions that could heal other players, that would be nice. I guess any form of healing would be cool.

13. Trolly Mctrollerton

Trolly Mctrollerton Void-Bound Voyager

Perhaps instead of the tf2 style medi-gun a tfc melee weapon like a hypodermic needle could remove debuffs and provide healing on a successful hit. To add a battle medic kind of play style certain variations could refill the amount of healing available based on damage done to enemies.

14. Cacame

Cacame Phantasmal Quasar

I'd like to see this combined with this thread. If you could put healing chemicals into guns or grenades we could see a ton of custom healing weapons so that healers can be just as unique as warriors.

Bonabopn likes this.