NPC You're arrested: Guards offering alternative way to pay for crimes

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Nakano15, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Nakano15

Nakano15 Pangalactic Porcupine

Starbound is currently the kind of game where if you find a town, you must avoid at all cost to cause the error of
    hurting someone, or breaking tiles in their presence. Why?

Easy, because the guards in the game will hold a grudge against you, and will not stop trying to kill you, until
    they are killed, and they can also incite other guards to kill you too, increasing the problem.

So, what would solve this situation? Easy, since the player can hide his weapons by pressing the button
    of the equipped weapon slot, the guards could try approaching the player, and then bring the option of
    paying for his crime with pixels, if the player have not the pixels necessary to pay for the crimes, then Run Barry, Run!

You know, accidents happens, why not let that slide?

2. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

Ive honestly had to go out of my way for guards and citizens to get upset with me enough to try and attack me

3. Unikram

Unikram Industrial Terraformer

That's....
    An amazing idea.
    I'm tired of getting shot to death and being forced to exile cuz I took a few souvenirs ;-;

4. Kajnake

Kajnake Void-Bound Voyager

I need the "Trigger happy" button, that would make my bullets and other attacks ignore town folk
    I just feel sometimes like having fun defending against spooky birds and sometimes like doing a small holocaust

5. Brockster17

Brockster17 Phantasmal Quasar

and maybe instead of run,barry run ing when you don't have the pixels,the guards will surround you and then ista-kill you, making you drop an increased amount of pixels and the ONLY ITEMS YOU DROP are ones you stole. Another suggestion would be you have to pay the amount of pixels it would cost to print the items you stole. Another suggestion is if you escaped the guards, then you get a semi-permanent debuff "Bounty". "Bounty" would make it so some friendly npcs would be able to attack you, and guards of any type would attack you on sight. This also makes it so ANYONE from the town you escaped attempt to attack you.