1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice Your Feedback on a preorder

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue

Blue Former Staff

Unstickied, but left open for discussion of the pre-order itself.

2. Elenoe

Elenoe Big Damn Hero

never did

:)

You speak for others again while it works differently elsewhere. Credit and debit card are in fact the same CARDS. Linked to another accounts with different rules. But that is a bank thing. Not card one. I can have VISA Classic as debit as credit and they will work the same way. Depends mostly on bank used. I have my CC for FREE. I would never pay any money for it, wouldn't simply use it. But I pay for a debit card because it's higher grade one. I can pay with both. CC and debit. My debit works offline. CC could too if I upgrade it. If you cannot pay with debit card on internet just check your bank to allow it. Many banks offers online limit change for internet transactions anyway.

Also CC usually doesn't have any interest if you pay your dept on time, that's the point of CC. (And bank really waiting you miss your payment, that's why they giving it without fees. At least here.) The only true difference for customer is with CC you cannot get cash from ATM or transfer money from it directly (charge up paypal account, send money to friend etc), you can just spend for things and services. (You actually can but that's a veeery bad idea with CC. Again, banks are very happy if you do.) Also CC are offered here basically to everyone. And again. Banks are very happy when you use it to borrow money. Veeery happy :/ (and have to say our banks are making so much money even in crisis...)

As for children.. there are week limits on how much you can use with specific card (when more to one account exists). But true. Debits work a lot better for this.

And originally I was really curious to know what EU country doesn't have payment cards as standard by now, was new thing to me, always curious. Germany really surprised me. But more and more I'm thinking that for some reason you've just generalized your personal inability to pay with debit card on internet to whole EU. And to asure that your country has ability to pay via paypal using local bank transfer.

3. Passarbye

Passarbye Phantasmal Quasar

YAY! just pre-ordered and got pixel tier! :D

btw, i payed through the amazon payment option.

4. Bandigo

Bandigo Void-Bound Voyager

Just got silver myself, wish the downloading of the soundtrack wasn't so slow =(!!!

5. Passarbye

i got it at around 3 mins. probably has something to do with broadband though. was really surprised it downloaded that fast though, normally downloads for me are quite slow on larger files like that.

6. Bandigo

Turns out the Proxy was on :unsure:

7. Passarbye

i'm not a computer genius, but that may or may not have something to do with it. ;)

8. Bandigo

When your connected to London from Dubai, you better hope it has something to do with it!!! :barefeet:

9. Thorwich

Thorwich Orbital Explorer

You showed me the Tiers, I showed you my wallet.
    See you all in the beta you glorious bastards you.

10. Ten19

Ten19 Void-Bound Voyager

Really looking forward to this! Keep up the excellent work :D

DaPeezi likes this.
  11. Flevalt

Flevalt Pangalactic Porcupine

You're either a weak troll that I'll refuse to feed now or you don't understand what you write.
    Disregarding any points that really matter and only arguing for the sake of arguing.

As reminder:
    >Can't directly pay with debit cards for online purchases(not only Starbound)
    which leads back to my point yet again and away from your senseless blabbering.

12. Baleine

Baleine Big Damn Hero

This is tickling me.

Don't get me wrong, I don't wanna upset you but in France, credit cards aren't used (or so little that I didn't heard of them, and I'm in my thirties) and every online (and physical) payment we make are with debit cards.
    Maybe there is a specific banking legislation in germany, but in France you make online orders with a regular debit card like a wink

13. Eggy Guff

Eggy Guff Tentacle Wrangler

14. Flevalt

What are your payment options on Starbound? You may be confusing "debit cards" as a whole with the Visa and Master Cards which can be used for online purchases.

15. Baleine

Baleine Big Damn Hero

You should be right then, because I preordered with a Visa. I fail to understand what make it different from a "debit card".
    That is off-topic, but if anyone would care to explain me (by PM obviously) what's the difference, I may get up less stupid tomorrow than I was this morning :)

16. Flevalt

It's nothing big really. Also don't get me wrong It's not like I have an ego about wether it's handled differently elsewhere, I could care less. I'm studying this stuff that's why I have a bit more insight into it than your average person. I'm by no means a teacher of this stuff. However I don't get the point of a certain someone spreading false information just to get his point across that paysafe cards are supposedly unnecessary simply cause there are other options of payment available already.

I'll gladly elaborate.
    Debit is the big general term for these cards. You can divide these into sub-categories which include Maestro, Visa, Master and regional ATM-cards each of which have their own system. So while you may be able to use certain debit cards(Visa and Master) to make online purchases, that's not the case for every debit card. Your Visa card is a debit card. But not every debit card is a Visa or Master card. Of course the brands may have different popularities in each country of the EU but by no means does that change how the cards work.

17. Baleine

Baleine Big Damn Hero

I think I'm starting to get it (albeit slowly) because youngster here can be granted some sort of cards (like visa electron) that is pretty much useless. Well they can use ATM, and make some payments but they can't go very far with it. Maybe that's the stuff you're talking about.

I think i'm growing too old and I tend to forget that there is a lot of minor people here :)

18. Flevalt

Now don't start to make me feel old. I'm also closing in on the 30 but I don't think that's the time to act like in retirement.
    But yeah that's basically it. There are a lot of people who rarely make online purchases and either are underage, use regional debit cards or go to national banks. I personally am still gonna purchase the game via paypal but I'm sure there are enough people who'd prefer the paysafe card to justify the addition.

After all you also gotta think a bit about that there wouldn't even be a need/market for paypal in the first place that it got so popular as it is today if online purchases were as easy as some people here make it out to be. A lot of people tend to centralize everything around themselves and take their easy, modern way of payment as a given and others don't know or care about the differences of their cards. So it does pay out to look a bit further into optional payment methods.

Charplee likes this.
  19. ZXCV4523

ZXCV4523 Big Damn Hero

This pre-order is going great i am sooo gald it is this game really deserves it but i wonder if they will add more payment options as i read in the other thread i posted there a couple people that can't pay via the ways they have which most really suck i can only hope that maybe there be some kinda pre-order on steam although that does seem unlikely well at least the game is plan to be release on steam i am sure everyone can get it then.
    Link to other thread
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/pre-order-or-not-to-pre-order.18459/

Charplee likes this.
  20. Charplee

Charplee Void-Bound Voyager

I want Starbound!!! :whaaat:

ZXCV4523 and KyBiK like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.