1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice Your Feedback on a preorder

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deozaan

Deozaan Big Damn Hero

Humble Store seems ideal. But at least support PayPal.

2. Siver97

Siver97 Orbital Explorer

Awesome Win-Win situation! Totally going to preorder but it needs Paysafecard support!

3. Sir Terrance

Sir Terrance Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I didn't know that. I try not to leave my card details stored on websites (Hacker Paranoia)..!! I like to do one off payments.

4. WarpedMonkey

WarpedMonkey Intergalactic Tourist

I would absolutely love to pre-order and give you guys the chance to work full time. I don't mind having a very approximate date, especially if you give us a roadmap (btw a roadmap makes me really hard, great idea). I also love the fact that buying the game is buying it at 100% no stupid bonus stuff. I don't mind people paying more if the want some art stuff, star name, etc.

5. Padexin

Padexin Big Damn Hero

I would love a preorder.

6. PixelatedRage

PixelatedRage Orbital Explorer

Yes, yes, a million times yes.

7. sroag

sroag Big Damn Hero

IM THROWING MONEY AT THE SCREEN AND NOTHING IS HAPPENING!
    aka Yes i would love a preorder. =^]

8. Malch

Malch Void-Bound Voyager

Approved, anything that supports card payments is fine.

9. Active Link

Active Link Master Astronaut

Paypal has that option. It has you choose between just entering your info for one time use or signing into/creating an account to make future uses easier/faster.

10. Killthee

Killthee Poptop Tamer

Loving everything you're saying. Count me in if you do it.

11. plasma face

plasma face Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I personally don't have a credit card so I get my friends to buy it on steam and gift it to me. I hope you can make an option to pre order over steam if not I'll have to wait till it comes on steam :(

keep up the good work :)

12. Sethusk

Sethusk Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Pre-order sounds awesome, especially if it'd help work get done on the the game. I'm glad to hear it would include a steam key. What ever method you guys use I would definitely want it to be able to use a credit card for the transaction not just paypal. Also, being the rewards sound like a cool idea. Naming a star would be cool. Also naming an alien lifeform or plant would be cool. Maybe a t-shirt or art book for physical goods.

Keep up the good work!

13. Tardisphere

Tardisphere Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm all for pre-ordering. :D

14. Kahranramsus

Kahranramsus Aquatic Astronaut

Pre-orders? About damn time. Many people would love to directly support Starbound in any way possible. Plus, this gets that expense out of the way in advance so when it comes out we don't have to worry about it.
    Tiers or whatnot? Anything is fine by me really.
    Services used? Steam is obviously a given for many people's preference (Including mine). However, I think it's a great idea to try and offer the game in as many ways as possible. Some people may not use Steam, Humble is great with lots of methods of payments as well.
    2013 time frame too large? Any amount of time is worth the wait for looks like such an amazingly fun, replayable, and enjoyable game. Open Pre-orders so we can support you already.

Airborne likes this.
  15. Aleryn

Aleryn Big Damn Hero

I'd happily preorder it. Especially with the Steam Key being provided alongside it eventually. And yes, opening preorders would be great if it lets us beta test the game that much quicker. I don't have much commentary about reward tiers, but some cosmetic items to show beta participation would be good if nothing else.

16. huhwhozat

huhwhozat Void-Bound Voyager

Of the options you mentioned, humble store is the only one I've used, hence I learn towards that payment/distribution method. In any case I'll slap down my money on this project without hesitation, but I'd be glad to have the beta in a familiar place. I like all my games in as few as possible baskets.
    As far as timing goes, your devoted fans will be glad to chip in for a vague 2013, but I don't know about newcomers.
    Being in the qualifies-for-low-income-housing bracket, I wouldn't go for any reward tiers besides possibly a soundtrack.

17. Belzac

Belzac Subatomic Cosmonaut

Count me in! I will buy two copies of Starbound! Humble bundle and steam early access would be good. Tiy you have huge fanbase here. All of us are willing to buy it no matter what. Make it happen!
    Pre ordering Starbound might be as good as buying Minecraft in alpha! My money are waiting :D

18. Aqualex

Aqualex Subatomic Cosmonaut

This sounds pretty awesome. I would love to preorder it. As for rewards and stuff... I would like to have something in the style of... Pay x amount, get the game, pay like, 10$ more, get the soundtrack (maybe as some kind of real thing, and not digital) pay 10$ more once again, get concept art in the form of a book or something. Pay like, 20-25$ more, get a signed artbook. Something of that sort. Of course, I'm not gonna be mad if it doesn't happen, just a suggestion, and it would be awesome. I will be happy to even be able to preorder the game. :D

19. Scourger

Scourger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'd buy it twice, for my girlfriend and I. I would love access to the beta.

20. Weegeemang

Weegeemang Pangalactic Porcupine

100% total yes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.