1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice Your Feedback on a preorder

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rifle313

rifle313 Orbital Explorer

Pre order would be great if it got the final product out faster, im sure Omni and Bartwe would like to work full time on Starbound anyway.

sixtyseconds likes this.
  2. Sleppnir

Sleppnir Master Chief

I am happy to support the development of this game by pre-purchasing it.

I hope that the release date could be a little less vague than 2013 though. Especially if you receive an influx of capitol from pre-purchasers that should allow you to pay to keep your developers on the project full time.

I would be happy to pay using Paypal or credit card.

Airborne likes this.
  3. sixtyseconds

sixtyseconds Void-Bound Voyager

Preorder? Yes please.

4. Chuchu13

Chuchu13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would pre-order if it would be somehow possible for me. I don't have credit card or something like this. The best option for paying is PaySafe Card for me.
    I think it would be nice to at least get the game onto Steam when it hits beta, a lot more people would buy it. And Steam has the brand new section for games in development. I would love to play this game the moment when beta will be avalible and I hope there will be some way.
    I am bit sad about the whole 2013 beta date. But I hope that with pre-orders waiting time will be much shorter.

plasma face likes this.
  5. Oxy

Oxy Void-Bound Voyager

I would instantly preorder, but I would have to use a paysafecard.

6. ammartino

ammartino Void-Bound Voyager

I would be happy just being able to play the beta as a reward for a pre-order.

Humble Store, Desura, or Steam are OK as long as it is easy for you. Paypal, Amazon Payments, and Google Wallet have credit card options, if that is a concern. I have used a credit card with Paypal without having to join or even have a paypal account.

Airborne likes this.
  7. asmo89

asmo89 Orbital Explorer

I agree
    it helps the developer team and gives those waiting a definite 2013 release date then I would have no hesitation in pre purchasing the game even if it does mean you don't get to play immediately

Keeper likes this.
  8. Nice!:DD
    What payment systems are planned? I hope for variety of ways!:D
    Also, what currency you're taking? Bucks, pixels, ink?

Edit: Hehe, 4 pages for 20 minutes...:chucklefish:

Deity and AstroBlast like this.
  9. NayNayY

NayNayY Scruffy Nerf-Herder

All of my YES. I have been waiting, no, hoping for this announcement for a year. Possibly a year and a half, it's really hard to remember how long i've been watching for updates from you guys on this game with bated breath.

I am all for prepurchasing through your site, but I would suggest, like many others, that you take a look at Steam for this as well. With their new Early Access feature, you could get Starbound released on steam (likely, I'm not a dev, I don't know how that works) and get lots of feedback about your game. If not through Early Access, perhaps Greenlight, or just normal steam, either way, it would be AMAZING to wake up one morning and see that staring me in the face. I'd probably break the purchase button..

Airborne likes this.
  10. Exi1e

Exi1e Zero Gravity Genie

I'd preorder. It sounds legit, Tiy. A beta would be nice though.

11. Alternal

Alternal Existential Complex

Fantastic idea and at the first sign of a preorder my wallet will levitate over to me.
    As for the rewards, like naming a star, ect, I think that would be pretty sweet, especially if you've made some friends on the forums, then they'de come across this system and be like "wait a minute.... oh what?!"
    And the 2013 time frame. I mean yeah it's nice to know that you guys plan to have at least the beta out this year, but after estimating the game would be done around the end of the year last year, it would be nice to have a "Before/In the middle of/after summer". But I understand that estimating is of course, inaccurate.

12. Meldazzar

Meldazzar Subatomic Cosmonaut

My honest opinion, I would pre-order right now to support you guys, even if I had to wait for the full game to play this.

My reasons behind this decision are: A) To support you guys. :cool: To make sure that while I have the money I can spend it on something I want, and not some FLashy TF2 hat that might come out in the near future. And C) Because you guys deserve it.

13. Shragon

Shragon Void-Bound Voyager

Hey Tiy, I love the idea of being able to support you amazing people earlier. Personally (as with many people) I would highly appreciate if you could give us a slightly smaller window seeing as how "2013" is very large, but that being said i am sure that the timeline with help with that. You guys are awesome, keep up the amazing work.

14. ChaliElle

ChaliElle Void-Bound Voyager

You know.. We really just waiting to be able to throw our money in your general direction. ^^' Everything is fine. Personally I would buy Starbound on the day of release, so it would be just like preorder. So, I'll be just happy to buy it earlier to make the release date closer to me.
    Humble Store sounds great. Never had any problem with them, their support responds quick and nice, if there is any need of their help.

15. MithranArkanere

MithranArkanere Space Kumquat

I'll get the earliest possible release that will eventually give me the Steam library entry for the game.
    So if getting it sooner will mean that I'll eventually get it on Steam, then I don't mind the price or state of completion. I'll get it for sure as soon as possible.
    I see no reason to wait if I will eventually get what I want anyways.

Since it won't a game released 'as is' but a game in 'continuous development' for at least a year, the sooner I get it, the more changes and updates I get to enjoy. I love the novelty of updates, and when newbies join the fun, you get to talk about the changes and how the game used to be.

As for payment, as long as it allows PayPal or MasterCard, I'm fine with any. I use a pre-paid card that is mechanically identical to a MasterCard.

So, what I think:
    - Viable: Sounds perfect to me. Pre-order, then Beta and eventually Steam entry.
    - Rewards: I only like digital rewards, I have no room or use for physical stuff, so I would be ok with something that is not game content but still digital, like a soundtrack DLC, or a digital artbook. I see no reason to waste resources in paper or plastic when I can perfectly use a smartphone or computer to enjoy them.
    - Timeframe: Some people prefer a finished thing and no updates, some people prefer having regular updates with new content and more stuff to do. I'm fine either way. What I'm really interested on is modding, and that will take more time anyways.

Airborne likes this.
  16. lordician

lordician Void-Bound Voyager

I think this is a good place to post the: Shut up and take my money picture.
    However i can completely understand the reasons behind a pre-order for such a team and why you guys choose to take this so seriously (and not just think, well these guys are excited, let's just make them able to pre-order to get our money).
    I really appreciate that.

I would pre-order this instantly, progress so far looks and sounds great and i am really looking forward to the game.
    The team also seems very motivated and really works hard to make this into a good game.
    And i love the interaction with the potential customers.

As for the whole part of an unclear release date, i can understand.
    It is already quite hard to predict when a product, especially a game is complete enough for release.
    And because you seem to care a lot about the quality, which is good, don't get me wrong, it is even harder because quality costs time and lots of effort.
    Even though i would like to know when to expect this in a smaller timeframe then just 2013, i can understand that this might be the best estimate you guys can do.
    And i will accept it.

But yeah, i would gladly pay a portion of your table food. ;)
    And i am sure, many others think about the same about this.

17. Saber Cherry

Saber Cherry Big Damn Hero

I have little interest in playing the beta, but I'll preorder as soon as it's possible to do so.

18. TMDW9

TMDW9 Space Spelunker

Yes do a preorder please.

19. popbot

popbot Subatomic Cosmonaut

Definitely pre-order, although realize that this will put much more pressure on you and your team to put something (beta even) out on a reasonable timetable. If you feel you still aren't at the point where you can nail down a quarter (as in Q1 2013) for release, you should think long and hard about taking people's money. The fact that you seem hesitant about even committing to 2013 for a beta is worrying. "When it's done" only works when your customers haven't bought in yet. Once people start handing over money, no matter what they say, you will start burning goodwill faster than you would have otherwise.

Making a roadmap (as you said you would) before opening up for preorders is a great idea though, and I will throw my money at you regardless.

Jaguarkia, Airborne and Wryness like this.
  20. Kousaka

Kousaka Void-Bound Voyager

I will buy the game as soon as I can. The "beta" being handled through steam would be really nice too.

Airborne likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.