1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice Your Feedback on a preorder

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. All of my yes are belong to you.

To answer Tiy's questions:
    My girlfriend and I will be purchasing (pre-ordering, if it becomes possible :p) Starbound through Visa.
    The timeframe 2013 sounds fine to me. It's not too large. It is feasible and gives people an idea of what they'll get at some point this year. Believe it or not, waiting is part of the fun. :p (Like waiting for Santa :rainbow:)

Seriously, if we can get Starbound cheaper AND, more importantly, help the developers focus on it, by all means - Yes. :)

nababoo and asmo89 like this.
  2. Sir Terrance

Sir Terrance Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would like a method that doesn't require me signing up to something 3rd party like Paypal. A method where I can just put in my card details.
    If at all possible being able to purchase a 4-pack would be great. I have a few people I would very much like to gift a copy to.

I think pre-order is a wonderful idea. If it means the team doesn't need a second job so 100% of their focus is on the game then I say take my money..!!

nababoo, Airborne and Keeper like this.
  3. Forehead

Forehead Void-Bound Voyager

Pre-order sounds great, sign me up for two copies. As far as the sorta vague beta date, I really want to play and so does my son. But if we need to end up waiting a while its all good. Transparency is key. In the same way that I had to wait a while for FTL after the Kickstarter, or am still waiting for Castle Story and Wasteland.... I will wait for Starbound. Roadmap would be great, like reading about development and seeing progress even if I can't play.

4. MachoBandit

MachoBandit Pangalactic Porcupine

Definitely positive, I don't even need any extra's. Just you guys being able to fully commit to finishing it ASAP is the only thing I want.

Jaguarkia and jacksnight like this.
  5. Lagoz

Lagoz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Do want, do want!

6. Zombiefilmfan

Zombiefilmfan Subatomic Cosmonaut

I would love to see a pre order option. We have seen huge advances in the game, and without speaking for everyone. I am confident that this is good timing for a pre order/beta option.
    As for pre order prizes, I think medals that can be worn on our avatar would be a nice idea.
    I am just happy at the idea of being able to support the game and get an early taste.

7. Hawksoul12

Hawksoul12 Void-Bound Voyager

Yes, yes, yes! I've been wanting this for way too long! I'd preorder it in a heartbeat! :monkey:

8. HappySailor

HappySailor Subatomic Cosmonaut

I support this, as far as purchase mediums, humblestore and steam are really the ones that always work for me, but whatever method you endorse will be supported by me.
    Tier rewards are tough, you could go small like forum badges or put the persons name in as one of the possible generated NPC names(that's and easy thing to do I imagine, otherwise disregard statement. This wouldn't be exclusive to that user, of course, it would just be in the game.) Digital soundtracks are an easy add-on. after that, there are the usual artbooks, t-shirts, figurines, premium features that one normally sees in kickstarters, I personally am open to paying a lot of money for good kickstarter rewards, so I hope you guys wow me. :p

Jaguarkia and Airborne like this.
  9. Fishbulb

Fishbulb Space Spelunker

All for the preorder! Do it!

10. HanzoKurosawa

HanzoKurosawa Space Hobo

I really like the idea of been able to pre-order a game, for early access. Whether I pre-order or not (I probably will), it's a good idea to give them that choice. If people want to pay so that they can the product before it is fully complete, you should let them, especially if it's going to help development, and help get the game out quicker for everyone. Making the price lower is not necessary but considering that other games sold early access for a lower price (minecraft), it's a good idea and a nice bonus for everyone who pre-orders.

The time frame is fine as long as you make it clear to people. Don't worry about setting your own time frame, as you long as you make sure people know what they are signing up for.

The availability of both a DRM-free version of the game and a steam key is also a huge plus, this is something I'm a big fan of. I also really like that the pre-order bonuses will not be within the game. I second your logic that people who pay should get the full package.

Overall I'm a fan of pre-ordering the game, and if you're having trouble with people not been able to work full-time on the project then it is definitely the right move for you.

Just my two cents,
    Dominic "HanzoKurosawa" Broadhead

Airborne likes this.
  11. Active Link

Active Link Master Astronaut

You don't need to sign up for paypal to use it.

Airborne likes this.
  12. Ar-Kane

Ar-Kane Void-Bound Voyager

I would love to preorder and I like the packs idea since I will be playing with my wife and kids: )

13. rube203

rube203 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Pre-order now if you need the money but personally I feel more comfortable with 1-4 month pre-order time-frames (till I have at least something to play; ie - beta). If you're truly 8-9 months, I'll be sad, but if you need pre-orders now to stay at 8-9 months then let them commence (I'd certainly chip in). As for mechanism, HumbleBundle would be my preference but any will do. Look at what gets you the biggest exposure and least overhead. Best of luck!

PS - The opinion expressed above may be biased towards wishing to play the game now.

14. Plaggor

Plaggor Void-Bound Voyager

I think Steam is the best idea, but for those who dont have a steam account yet..... Im not so sure about humble store, because i dont think you can use credit cards for it. So a direct download through the site would work for them i suppose, will you guys be able to have credit card payment through the starbound/chucklefish site?

Also i cant say im thrilled about the huge year long time frame. (considering your first 3 time frames you gave us last year.) But i guess its something.

15. Nolz

Nolz Pangalactic Porcupine

Brilliant plan right there

As for the tiers. I'd love to have the whole soundtrack in .FLAC format (Or .MP3, but FLAC is better!). Because the music that you guys already released is amazing

16. Sogin

Sogin Industrial Terraformer

I'm totally into pre-ordering the game! I've used humble store before and it was really easy to use through my amazon account. I didn't have to fill anything out just click through a few menus.

17. Francesco Brivio

Francesco Brivio Void-Bound Voyager

18. sasquatchjc

sasquatchjc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sounds awesome Tiy, but for the love of god please no tiers. Everything else is fine :D.

Airborne likes this.
  19. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

Very, very awesome in my opinion. You guys are working hard, and pre-ordering would be good for you guys.

20. Silversun

Silversun Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes YES! I'll definitly pre-order! If it helps you guys out and it'll keep you financially afloat, then it's absolutely a good idea.

Seriously... shut up and take my money!

asmo89 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.