1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Your favorite experience in Starbound!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Archhistorian, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Biirdy Daysleeper

Biirdy Daysleeper Weight of the Sky

When I started playing, I did an play session with a friend who had the game, he told me to join him on the planet where he was because he found something that would certainly please me. I joined him starting from left toward a cave in a hill. Then, he gave me a "T.V Helmet" and there I knew I would love this game (and even more when I found a scientist set).

Autzome likes this.
  2. Chickendoodles

Chickendoodles Phantasmal Quasar

My fondest memory had to be this one time me and my cousin found a lava ocean planet, pretty baron for the most part. But after traveling that entire surface we finally ran into ONE tree, and it was a large fourishing tree. I joked and said that it was the god of the planet and started praising it, but my cousin ran up and chopped it down. INSTANTLY a giant meteor slammed down killing him but leaving me alive. Pretty hilarious when it happened

3. dropdead

dropdead Big Damn Hero

There are a quite some examples for games I like - many of them much more polished than a 2D pixel-y sidescroller.

But my favorite experience(s) still are in the first 100h hours just after I bought the game around christmas in 2013. It snowed often ingame (and not outside, like it should have - it WAS around christmas after all) and the night with all the stars somehow had some sort of magic to it.
    The game like it is now has so much more content and is much more complete but I loved it from the first steps taken on an unknown and now long forgotten planet.

Edit: If I could write I didn't need to edit

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  4. helveticat

helveticat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

THIS. Playing this with my friends next game!

Autzome likes this.
  5. Autzome

Autzome Black Hole Surfer

Go for it! it's honesly more in depth that i lend it out to be.

Winning a match involves hardcore strats that refine themselves as you play.

To build upwards so that your enemies scale my tower? Or build downwards and create Trap filled hell hole.

i wish there was a single item that made your character show up with a flag or an icon as long as you had it in your inventory that would drop when you died. we just used racial flags in the mean time.

6. MajorChaos

MajorChaos Void-Bound Voyager

my favorit experience was when i visited an apex villag and the guards told me big ape is protecting us. when i tried to get some of the furniture i noticed that it wasnt possible to destroy it... while i explored the village i got on top of a high building where they've got a huge mashine, i accedently destroyed. one of the guards up there told me to tell nobody about that and when i left the city a guard reminded me to that what the guard told me up there... i was so exited at the moment and impresed by this conversations.

7. Kember

Kember Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The most memorable moment was when I was looking for supplies to build my laboratory. I was at a desert planet, gathering sand when I found a rainbow themed forest(with several chests, which I also needed) and furthering to the west, I found an Apex Laboratory. Of course, I was as excited as a Floran in a hunt, so I tried to break the stuff to carry home. Surprise, the were force fielded. Then I was like "I saw these force fields before, they usually have a generator nearby. I found said generator, but it was locked by two doors. Going down to the lab, I kept hearing buzzing sounds, finding it weird when I saw at the wall. A poster with a large 01. They were test labs. I was a test subject. There were several tests that almost killed me twice(And I had to back and forth), but The bounty was worth it. A laser pistol, a Blank Tech card and the switches for unlocking the generator. It was so fun finding that, and I started gathering the supplies for my lab.

Biirdy Daysleeper likes this.
  8. Ethan Denton

Ethan Denton Title Not Found

My favorite was when my team of friends were wandering the galaxy in search of resources, and we were all playing instruments while hopping in unison to the music. Nothing beats pitching tents, building a campfire, and playing Megadeth on a trumpet until morning.

9. Kember

Kember Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh, so that's where your avatar comes from!

10. Leatherneck

Leatherneck Pangalactic Porcupine

...Only to see it get ripped horrifically to shreds by Meteors. :fireball:

I guess it wasn't an airship, but an elaborate Space Viking Funeral. :fusrodah:

The Squid likes this.
  11. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

I recently found another one. The only survivors were the Quartermaster and I, who I brought to the surface and built a little house underground so he wouldn't die.