1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Your favorite experience in Starbound!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Archhistorian, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Archhistorian

Archhistorian Void-Bound Voyager

My favorite experience was finding a gnome village it was a tremendous night on Starbound with the interesting items I collected as I tried to defend myself against the monsters that were there, slaughtering thousands of possibly innocent gnomes.
    ~Me and my friend had a ball of gnomes fight after we ran out of snowballs....

2. Slippery Slime

Slippery Slime Big Damn Hero

My favorite experience was when I came across a Floran hell dungeon. My ship is largley floran themed and so coming across a place with so many floran themed items was like being a kid at a candy store and having it all be free.

A close one is first exploring the extreme planets and seeing the ash fly everywhere and flames burn on the ground, pretty awesome.

Also, going to a radioactive planet and finding a symbiote (a slimey buddy that sits on your head). His name is Jerry

Archhistorian likes this.
  3. Archhistorian

I NEED to find this Jerry, I think we could be friends... My first experience exploring one of the extreme planets (A volcanic planet) ended shortly after being hit by a comet/meteor/asteroid? I think it was a comet, it hurt... just a bit.

Slippery Slime likes this.
  4. Slippery Slime

Oh no a comet, I better block it *Hits shield and comet dissapears* #justStarboundthings

corvuk, The MechE and Archhistorian like this.
  5. Archhistorian

I should try out a shield tonight, I thought I would be clever to blink out of the way once but then my cranium (following my whole being) was consumed by the death dealing meatballs, where I blinked.

6. Slippery Slime

Yeah the shields as of now are fairly over-powered, being able to completely absorb enemy attacks. I use a riot shield xD

7. Archhistorian

Oh good to know! I have one and I have a mushroom shield!, but shields were never my thing, I tend to use a big hammer or a rocket launcher (The game breaker if I need to get something done), or the silliest weapons I can find, the mushroom sword and pollen pumper are great fun! (My friend uses a weaponized gnome that I want to get a hold of)

8. Slippery Slime

Yeah I didnt really like em but I tried it out and it was quite good. Keep in mind you can only use a one-handed weapon though, so I use a shortsword and block, then stab, then block, then stab, so on.

9. The MechE

The MechE Existential Complex

The dungeons

10. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Finding an Avian airship on a volcanic planet. Standing on the last remaining platform, laughing maniacally watching the pirates falling to the ground, screaming in agony as embers danced and swirled through the dark night air...

11. Archhistorian

Brilliant! I could then proceed to throw balls of gnomes at them!

The Squid likes this.
  12. Manman179

Manman179 Phantasmal Quasar

My favorite experience was when I had so many mods that they went from the bottom of the top of the screen (1366x768)

13. Archhistorian

Aha quite a few mods then, any you would recommend that are an absoulte must for you in Starbound?

14. Manman179

Manman179 Phantasmal Quasar

a few I would recommend are the availi mod, dye mod, and the black market

15. Archhistorian

Thanks! I am definitely gonna check out that dye mod right away!

16. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Although I have many favorite experiences in starbound, my most favorite exploit was finding my first 2 big chest near each other with the complete alien alpaca set in the vicinity. And after dressing as an alpaca, I crafted a paper wings to make my avatar majestic as hell! :lickitung:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
    rhomboid and Archhistorian like this.
  17. Autzome

Autzome Black Hole Surfer

Capture the Cube with a couple of friends. the way sand fell was always amazing to see as dropped it on an enemy pistoleer

18. Archhistorian

What is Capture the Cube?

19. Autzome

Autzome Black Hole Surfer

ah, gamemode a couple of me and my friends made up a while back.(don't know it it's a legit thing though).

basic concept is that everyone(normally 3v3) has half an hour to build a base. everyone starts with the same gear but what you find within those 30 minutes is open game.
    there is a single cube for each team, the cube must not be hidden and clearly visible, the requirement to win the game is placing the cube in your base.

of course everyone is forced to be on the mode that you drop everything or even hardcore for a deathmatch style version of the game.

Edit
    thanks to the recent advancements in teleporters, this "game"was made A WHOLE LOT EASIER.

20. BasicallyNuclear

BasicallyNuclear Big Damn Hero

Raiding an Avian structure (the tall gold one) and watching them jump to their deaths as I laugh.