Digital Ymedron and the art

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Ymedron, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Bamseper

Bamseper Ketchup Robot

That is an awesome narwhal. You do know that narwhal's horn is the left tooth and on the male only, rite?

2. Females do have a horn but its shorter and straighter, but I didn't know it wasn't in the middle of the head before. :V!
    Oh well, it is absurd enough that I would assume almost all of its teeth are horns.

3. Bamseper

Bamseper Ketchup Robot

I wal like "wtf" at first too... But the males' left tooth grows straight outta' the mouth xD

4. Moar and moar pixelart!
    I designed this sort-of cute alien and wanted to pixel it up. Getting better a bit?
    [​IMG]

blind sniper and shadowcrazy like this.
  5. shadowcrazy

shadowcrazy Phantasmal Quasar

i think you should stick to pixel art for now...because these are looking excellent and id love to see what else you pixelate

6. Im not super-excited to work exclusively in pixelart - painting and drawing is just as rewarding in the long run. Pixelart is more rewarding right now because I havent practiced it much -> Im easier pleased by the "breakthroughs" Im making there. :V But its a lot of small fiddling and tinkering.

7. shadowcrazy

shadowcrazy Phantasmal Quasar

well im sure you'll make more breakthroughs in the next works you do :)

8. Bamseper

Bamseper Ketchup Robot

Do both! :D

ThomasDekker likes this.
  9. Tis not just strange grayscale painting and pixelart, folks!
    This time its a simple drawing of my character taking the form of some silly dinosaur. Joy!
    [​IMG]
    I prefer the top one's head and color a lot more - the stark white and black are very nice, and the nose shape is prettier. Arh, oh well. The bottom one wasnt supposed to be the exact same design anyway, but I wish it had been.

10. Swinburn

Swinburn Phantasmal Quasar

How did it tie its hair up?

11. Its a shapeshifter so it probably just retained it from the original form.
    It probably looks quite desu sparkle but eh. Alas.

12. Nathan B.

Nathan B. Phantasmal Quasar

you've been posting like a madman

13. I try. :D

14. ThomasDekker

ThomasDekker Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Love the shape of it's head, I like your dino..

15. My thread has fallen into the mists of obscurity. But never fear, for i am a skilled necromancer and will have it up and running in no time.
    Or at least limping.
    Well okay it'll be a single groan but I never said I'm perfect.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Spheres being my own particular brand of demigod-like creatures. :V

16. Bamseper

Bamseper Ketchup Robot

Good stuff :D The demigods are cool, especially the frog!

17. Joxalot

Joxalot Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh my the pixel art is sweet!
    In fact, the gallery is awesome! Too bad I'm on a crappy internet so each image takes so much to load...

Strange though, I was so sure I posted in this thread and even did a request but apparently I didn't.

Unless I'm a dumdum and did make one, are you still open for requests?
    Id love to see your rendition on a certain character.

18. Nathan B.

Nathan B. Phantasmal Quasar

please tell me someone pays you for concept works

19. Sadly no, Lone. I might illustrate our school handbook though (for what its worth. Not like its that interesting.)
    And jox, feel free to throw in your request but there is probably going to be an insane delay, as I haven't done even Lone's request. I don't remember your avatar so either you didnt or you changed it after you posted?
    (the images are sadcakely a bit heavy... With a fast internet its easy to forget the tribulations a slow connection faces.)
    Thanks peepsies. ;W;

20. Joxalot

Joxalot Subatomic Cosmonaut

No wait I think Im think of that other artist, Yen.
    Yeah I remember now. I asked about the request I did to her in the IRC once and you whacked me in the face with a stick!
    Good times c:

Why don't you do commissions? You could get some extra monis with them! I bet a lot of people would pay for it.