1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED XS Mechs - Vehicle Edition 1.16a

6 Excessively Destructive mechsuits - Cheerful Giraffe

1. Limit1997

Limit1997 Void-Bound Voyager

The Theta mech looks amazing.

2. martrikir

martrikir Void-Bound Voyager

Question, and I apologize if it has been asked before..

I was using a mech to blow through the dreadwing mission.. when I was blindsided by a windows update. Now I have a controller, but no mech. Would it respawn somewhere neutral, or do I need to buy a new one?

EDIT: Never mind, just need to repair it. Lesson learned, leaving boss fight in that manner = expensive.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  3. ADONUTPERSON

ADONUTPERSON Void-Bound Voyager

Hey umm when i use the blue mec with the laser arm"ronin rho"(when i shoot it) it beams me up to my ship... so i mean its cool but i cant use it right so... thank you in advance

4. Aegis J Hyena

Aegis J Hyena Existential Complex

I don't think this thread is looked at anymore. Everything's been moved to the steam workshop threads...

5. DDrazard

DDrazard Starship Captain

You can rebuild it for a less great price by buying some nanochips like your vehiculs. Like that, you can repair it with the robot at your right when you take the teleporter to the teleporter shop.

6. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Hello, Starbound 1.2 hits and it looks like these stuffs are no longer available and caused errors in your recipes. I'm not sure if it's XS or ZZ though, so I posted both sides.
    'imperviumcompound', 'feroziumcompound' and 'refinedrubium'

Pinpointed errors :

[17:30:17.878] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/roboticcraftingtable/xsm_elitesigmamechcontroller.recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'imperviumcompound'
    [17:30:22.295] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/roboticcraftingtable/xsm_piraterhomechcontroller.recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'imperviumcompound'
    [17:30:22.961] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/roboticcraftingtable/xsm_rhomechcontroller.recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'feroziumcompound'
    [17:30:23.163] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/roboticcraftingtable/xsm_roninrhomechcontroller.recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'imperviumcompound'
    [17:30:23.366] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/roboticcraftingtable/xsm_thetamechcontroller.recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'refinedrubium'

7. Cross Czech

Cross Czech Phantasmal Quasar

@Iroaseta

These are on the XS Mechs side.
    It seems to be called from the /recipes/roboticcraftingtable/ folder.
    The robotic crafting table was removed in the SB 1.0 release along with those advanced alloys.
    Not sure why it's suddenly generating errors in 1.2 when it didn't in 1.1.
    Seems to just need a bit of clean up.
    Doesn't seem to be hurting anything (client side).

Also just completed testing on the Grayles Plus server.
    Doesn't seem to be adversely effecting servers either (other than the above mentioned errors)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  8. kley2101

kley2101 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This mod still amazing but I was playing with the weapon assembling mod, and came with an idea...
    If the dev of the mod make something like an assembling station to mechs, where you can select something like 4 parts in 1 personalized mech (only changes in the armor, flying time, weapon and apearance.)?

9. Syfe_Fireshard

Syfe_Fireshard Pangalactic Porcupine

^i support this idea^

kley2101 likes this.
  10. 9w3rd

9w3rd Aquatic Astronaut

I'm not sure if I missed some info, but is this mod compatible with FrackinUniverse?

11. Aegis J Hyena

Aegis J Hyena Existential Complex

Yup. I use both.

12. Cross Czech

Yes. Our server has been running XS and ZZ with FU for months. Works great.

13. ColonolNutty

ColonolNutty Ketchup Robot

But all the robots are crafted using the RoboticCraftingTable, which isn't available in the newest version of starbound. If you are using the newest version of starbound, I created a github repository for updates to this mod: https://github.com/ColonolNutty/XS-Mech
    It'll likely get taken down if I get disapproval from the mod author, so get it while it lasts.

P.S. I changed the mechs to be created on the Wiring table instead

14. Cross Czech

Not quite sure where Colonol is coming from here. Yes, there are still residual recipes for the mechs in the old robotic crafting table (using retired ingredients). But the main source to get them from is Pete at the Outpost.

Or am I missing something?

15. ColonolNutty

Hmm, I forgot about the outpost, so that was intentional? I like the idea of being able to craft them albeit highly expensive. Also, the name's Nutty

Cross Czech likes this.
  16. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

So I wonder how well this mod will translate to the new mech system coming up.... :)

17. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

I got this in my Starbound log file right after a crash:
    [Error] OpenGL errors this frame: GL_INVALID_VALUE
    [11:04:54.664] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/roboticcraftingtable/xsm_elitesigmamechcontroller.recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'imperviumcompound'
    [11:04:54.751] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/roboticcraftingtable/xsm_thetamechcontroller.recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'refinedrubium'
    [11:04:54.816] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/roboticcraftingtable/xsm_rhomechcontroller.recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'feroziumcompound'
    [11:04:54.826] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/roboticcraftingtable/xsm_piraterhomechcontroller.recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'imperviumcompound'
    [11:04:54.834] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/roboticcraftingtable/xsm_roninrhomechcontroller.recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'imperviumcompound'

I highly doubt this is what caused the crash, but there's definitely something wrong.

18. ColonolNutty

If you look around your logs a bit, you'll probably see a bunch of lines outta place, that'll be what caused the crash

19. ColonolNutty

There's a new mech system coming?

20. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Yeah, haven't you seen the 1.3 dev logs? They're adding modular mechs. Two arm slots, one torso/chassis slot, and a leg (well, actually feet) slot, plus boosters and an optional slot for horns (which no one can hear in space).