RELEASED [XNB SMAPI FarmCombat Mod] OmniFarm

Discussion in 'Mods' started by lambui, Nov 29, 2016.

1. lambui

lambui Big Damn Hero

Hello,
    Here is my newest mod: OmniFarm.
    This mod modifies Farm_Combat.xnb so if you want to play it, start new save on Combat map.
    OmniFarm provides larger farmland and extra features like mining area, hardwood area, animal grass area...

Get it here!

Install:

1. Get Stardew Valley $$$
    2. Install SMAPI
    3. Backup Farm_Combat.xnb file in StardewValley/Contents/Maps folder.
    4. Unzip the mod folder (the one you just downloaded).
    5. Open unzipped folder.
    6. Copy Farm_Combat.xnb in there into your StardewValley/Contents/Maps folder.
    7. You now have a new playable Farm_Combat map but it is without extra functionalities for now.
    8. Copy OmniFarmSMAPI folder in the mod folder into your StardewValley/Mods folder.
    9. Run SMAPI and enjoy.
    [​IMG]
    Latest Version: 2.0.1
    Change Log v.2.0.1:
    • [SMAPI] Fix a bug that causes config.json changes to be ineffective.
    Change Log v.2.0:
    • [XNB] Add invisible building tile to unreachable areas to prevent objects from spawning
    • [XNB] Tweak some tiles to make the map looks better
    • [XNB] Open area to the right of the house, on top of the way in from bus stop.
    • [SMAPI] Add config.json: click here to learn how it works.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    • manzaralol

manzaralol Scruffy Nerf-Herder

:O this map is amazing !

lambui likes this.
      • SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

Just a couple of notes:

- While the new warp point leads to the ranch, going back to the farm from the ranch places you where the old warp point was.
        - There doesn't appear to be any weeds/grass/rocks/etc spawning on the new parts on a new game.

Other than that, a lovely map! I plan on using this. =3

• lambui

lambui Big Damn Hero

-To change the warp point from ranch back to farm I have to mod the ranch xnb map file too and I don't think it worth doing because it is a only a small thing, and it conflicts with other ranch xnb mods.
          If I learn how to change warp point with SMAPI then i will change it in future update but for now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

-I guess I should really add weeds/grass/rocks... maybe in the next update.

henrycosmic likes this.
          • SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

Okies~

Now to come up with a new farm layout with a decidedly expanded orchard and more room for my animals >w<

• Nishtra

Nishtra Big Damn Hero

Actually, I have just experimented with that today and can help (or at least point in the right direction).
              Every GameLocation has a warps list that is filled from the map properties when the map is loaded. You can go through the list for a given location and modify warps that lead to the farm.

Something like this:

Code:
              foreach (Warp w in Game1.getLocationFromName("BusStop").warps)
                          {
                              if (w.TargetName.Equals("Farm"))
                              {
                                  w.TargetX = 100;
                              }
                          }

Though I haven't tested it beyond the proof that it works, so I can't tell if it will cause problems with NPCs.

lambui likes this.
              • murillokb

murillokb Void-Bound Voyager

Oh this is looking guuuuud :D
                can we also catch river fish in the farm? I mean, we have all stuff from other farms but I don't see anything about the fish :3

• lambui

lambui Big Damn Hero

I totally forget about fishing lol I will put them in today.

henrycosmic likes this.
                  • lambui

lambui Big Damn Hero

Thank for the code, I will look into it today and hopefully we can have better warp points in future versions.

henrycosmic likes this.
                    • lambui

lambui Big Damn Hero

New Version: 1.1
                      Change Log v.1.1:
                      • [XNB] Add fishing - any forest, and mountain fishes
                      • [XNB] Add weeds, stones, trees, grass... to new areas (only affects new saves)
                      • [SMAPI] Fix warp points from Forest to Farm no longer warp player to middle of the farm.

Ardalis, henrycosmic and foghorn like this.
                      • lyscir

lyscir Subatomic Cosmonaut

Good looking map with nice little features. I do have a few questions to ask if I may. I hope I do not sound rude.

• Does it by chance spawn seasonal forage items as well?
                        • Is the 2nd large farming area build-able as well? How about the green grass area on the right?
                        • Is animal grass the same as the grass from the grass starter?
                        • Is the mining area similar to the one on the hill top farm where it is linked to mining level?

• henrycosmic

henrycosmic Poptop Tamer

It look awesome i will sure try it
                          thanks for the mods C:

lambui likes this.
                          • lambui

lambui Big Damn Hero

Sadly it doesn't spawn seasonal forage items
                            Yes it is perfectly build-able! Also the green grass since Concern Ape made it so in stardew valley 1.11.
                            Yes they are the same grass. So move all your barns and coops over there. And they are fully grown every day.
                            Yes the mining area links to your mining levels. For example, if you see copper in the mine then it will start spawning copper...

• Nishtra

Nishtra Big Damn Hero

Oh, since the map doesn't include forageables I'll allow myself a bit of self promotion ^_^ You can use this mod to spawn forage items

lambui likes this.
                              • lyscir

lyscir Subatomic Cosmonaut

Cool, I think I'm going to give this map a try. I've been looking for a kind of all in one combination map since I saw one on reddit but it's not ready to go and this one seems like a better version anyway. Thanks Iambui and Nishtra.

• BrandonPotter0

BrandonPotter0 Big Damn Hero

I have a question about this wonderful maps Ore area.... Does Iridium Ore spawn here as well? :D

• lambui

lambui Big Damn Hero

Yes as long as you have the skull key

• BrandonPotter0

Oh awesome :D Best map ever!

My only gripe is that the grass on the grassy area near the entrance to the farm (From town) Doesnt seem to grow >-<

• lambui

lambui Big Damn Hero

The grassy area to the left of the river?
                                        If so, there's no animal grass there, its just an empty piece of land to plant your trees or build houses.
                                        Grass will grow everyday only on the ginormous dark grass patches in the right bottom corner.

• BrandonPotter0

Or wherever we plant them in the farm area. Hahaha.