1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Xbox 1 issue with looting from kegs

Discussion in 'Support' started by RYKIN, Mar 27, 2017.

1. RYKIN

RYKIN Space Hobo

Hi there,

I'm going to try my best to explain this.

So, I have multiple barns with tons of kegs. Consider this layout, which isn't optimal, but it does explain the issue we're having:

0 = kegs I can get
    X = kegs I cannot get

X000000000000000

Think of the above "row". The X's in the upper right, and left, represent kegs. Those kegs, you CANNOT loot on console, but you can on PC.

Now, when holding the joystick to the lower right/lower left, we can access the kegs in lower right, or lower left positions, so this problem does NOT occur:

X000000000000000
    X000000000000000

I think the problem is that maybe the controls weren't added for the upper right/left joystick pins, but the lower left/rights, work?

God I hope this makes sense. I've also included a screenshot (this is just one found from Google that I edited to show that the kegs are not lootable on Xbox One). In the picture, you'll notice two red squares over kegs that are not lootable on Xbox One. I've tried moving to a ton of spots, and moving the cursor above the item, and nothing has worked. The only way I can get to the item is by moving other kegs...

Ideally, for console, holding the joystick in the upper right/left position (diagonal positions) and walking near the kegs, should be able to loot, just like we can loot the ones in the lower right/left positions.

My apologies in advance is this is a reported issue, but I couldn't find anything on it in a quick search.

Thanks for your help.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    • RYKIN

RYKIN Space Hobo

There's actually a slight "fix" in a sense. If you move the cursor near the bottom of the keg, it'll change to a green "+" logo. Once you do that, hit "X" on XB1 or Square on PS4. Seems to have solved the problem, but they still need to optimize the controller controls which will get addressed in an upcoming patch.