1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

x64 Starbound Not Working on my x64 OS? (Steam)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by SynsCity, Apr 21, 2017.

1. SynsCity

SynsCity Space Hobo

I know that my Windows 8.1 is 64 bit and I downloaded Starbound with Steam, which is supposed to handle all the dependencies, but for some reason the the x64 Starbound won't open. Steam will set my status to playing Starbound for a second then set it back to Online, and that's it. x-thirtytwo (emoji gets in the way) works alright but I'd prefer to use x64 and I'm very confused as to why it's not working.
    Also if it changes anything, I recently had to reinstall Windows for unrelated problems. Prior to that the x64 worked fine also.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please attach your starbound.log file

~ Iris ~

3. SynsCity

SynsCity Space Hobo

I'm not sure this is the right one. If this looks like a log for a normally functioning game then the 64 bit version didn't get to creating a log.

Attached Files:

4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Are you sure its the right one? You said sth about win8.1 the log says mac os.

~ Iris ~

5. SynsCity

SynsCity Space Hobo

Now that makes no sense. I just looked through it myself and found that that isn't from an x64 attempt, but it was the latest log after trying to launch x64 which means that it isn't generating a log. The log saying my pc is mac really confuses me though, I don't know why it would say that.