Wyrd Order of Furries Episode 4 - The Order of the Fennecs

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Jonesy, Mar 28, 2016.

?

Zootopia

1. I didn't like it.

3 vote(s)
    3.7%
  2. I thought it was OK.

12 vote(s)
    14.8%
  3. I liked it.

38 vote(s)
    46.9%
  4. OH OH OH OH OHH, TRY EVERYTHING!

28 vote(s)
    34.6%
  1. Mystic_Wulf

Mystic_Wulf Existential Complex

Well if it's a server addon then consult an Admin I guess?

2. Myifee

Myifee Guest

Come to realize that I never did a clan application either.

I'll probably do so during my lunch.

And done!

Name: Myifee

Species: Umbreon/Cumulonimbus cloud

Class: Storm Cloud

Likes: Tea and coffee, rain, cold days, reading books, playing games with friends, drawing

Dislikes: sauerkraut, arrogant attitudes, things that try to nom her, burnt food

Reason for joining the clan: it's gone from a place I only occasionally visited to one that I genuinely enjoy participating in.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2016
  3. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

So, I'm thinking about giving the S.T.A.L.K.E.R series a try at some point, but I'm not sure which game to try and get into. After skimming a couple of threads, it sounds like Shadows of Chernobyl is the best introduction but Call of Pripyat is the easiest to get into. Does anyone have recommendations? Note that I'm not a fan of overly difficult games, so I'm more interested in exploration and lore.

4. Gilligan Lanley

Gilligan Lanley Space Kumquat

Hmm... I think I'll apply as Nezun (if that's acceptable).

5. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

what's a nezun? is it fluffy?

Gilligan Lanley likes this.
  6. Tleno

Tleno Spaceman Spiff

Lizards and strange pinkish simian creatures with no hair are behind everything.
    Nick and Judy sacrifice themselves to stop a giant robot.
    "Zootopia" is "Murder" backwards.
    There is no spoon.
    Both SoC and CoP are pretty good, with CS being a buggy mess, but if you go for slightly more polished CoP you might experience more trouble getting into SoC later, being used to a more comfortable game and all.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jonesy likes this.
  7. Gilligan Lanley

It's my avali character. She's fluffy.

8. Oooh, ooh, pick me

Chronological Order (story wise): Clear Sky, Shadow of Chernobyl, Call of Pripyat
    Generally regarded 'quality' order (best - worst): Call of Pripyat, Shadow of Chernobyl, Clear Sky
    Recommended play order (Personally): Shadow of Chernobyl, Call of Pripyat, Clear Sky optional

Shadow of Chernobyl was the first game, and also a good place to start of story wise. It actually starts out very slow, but can be a bit hard to really sink your teeth into as it sort of has zero guidance, and some of the gameplay mechanics can be a bit obtuse.

Call of Pripyat is sometimes recommended for people as a starting point for the gameplay experience, as you start of with better gear and there is some good quality of life changes. Personally I think it's a bit overblown though and I'd recommend starting out with Shadow of Chernobyl. Clear sky isn't bad, but it's generally a lot more buggy, and has some features and stuff which don't really work out which make it generally regarded as the weakest entry of the series. Some people recommend skipping it entirely - It's not a bad game but it's a bit harder to look past the jankiness (and I mean as immersive and fun as all the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games can be, it's running on quality slavic game engine made old borscht and duct tape, it's no ultra sheen AAA experience - many would call it part of the charm but something to keep in mind).

There's some total overhaul mods but I've never really dabbled. I'd recommend a vanilla playthrough first anyway before trying to revisit the game with mods. Some of them are just meant to refine the experience (a la the unofficial elder scrolls patches), some are total overhauls to the game mechanics making an entirely new experience (often like extreme, post DayZ survival hardcore, so probably not your style anyway). Some names that come to mind are Stalker Complete, LURK, Lost Alpha

Some general gameplay tips that aren't immediately apparent off the top of my head (if you are starting with SoC)
    -There are stashes of equipment around the world in hidden places. You will probably find a bunch of these and they will be totally empty. Why? For some asinine reason, stashes aren't filled until you are 'given' the co-ordinates by some means, at which point they are marked on your PDA and filled with whatever possible contents they might contain (it is predetermined to a degree, but still an element of randomness). Stash locations are often marked on your map say, as a reward for doing a quest for another stalker he will tell you the location of his stash, or you may find a PDA entry on a dead stalker which denotes a stash location. It is possible to visit these locations regardless as they are in fixed places but they will contain nothing until you find the event which is supposed to 'trigger' it.

-You have an unlimited supply of bolts. They seem pretty pointless at first but they actually have a crucial functionality - by throwing them ahead of you, you can use them to detect the exact location of near-invisible anomalies, or pre-emptively trigger them so you can pass safely.
    -Your stamina usage when sprinting is affected by weight. There is a threshold (I think 50kg) which if you go over, your sprinting ability is massively reduced (60kg is the max you can carry iirc)
    -Weapons or gear below a certain condition (the little bar under their inventory image like |--|--|--| shape) cannot be sold. Will probably save you a lot of time if you're thinking of killing a bunch of guys and lugging their weapons back to a vendor
    -You cannot repair your own weapons and gear. Their performance will degrade over time and you'll have to replace it. Higher end gear will degrade a lot more slowly than the early stuff you find but it will still wear out eventually (IIRC this is not the case in call of pripyat, and there are actually vendors you can pay to repair/modify gear for you)
    -Some containers and crates can be broken open with your knife. They may contain goodies.
    -Vodka cures radiation sickness (go figure) but it's not as effective as antirad meds
    -Weapons and gear marked with a green arrow symbol is unique, and has improved or varied traits over other weapons or gear of the same type (in the case of guns, often loading a different caliber bullet to the normal variety)
    -If an artifact has a +radiation effect it will constantly irradiate you if you wear it. You will find artifacts which reduce radiation, and you can wear these to counteract those effects if you want the positive effects.
    -Make sure to always carry around bandages. Sever bleeding (a yellow or red blood drop on your HUD) will not stop by itself (or it takes an excessive amount of time, I can't remember which) and continually deplete your health.

9. Myifee

Myifee Guest

Does anyone else hate Easter?

I don't HATE hate it, I just hate how it's largely thrown around as merchandising and that, as a dairy worker, it puts a LOT of stress on me when the 3rd shift is already horribly understaffed

Yes, managers

Let's tell everyone we can't get overtime

Let's give the single dairy associate, working alone, a 13 hour task when the shifts are only 8 hours

Oh, and then let's not send them help at all and still expect them to get finished.

Apologies for not wanting to draw at all these past five days, but I've been 200% dead

Gilligan Lanley and LOL BALL like this.
  10. Gilligan Lanley

Both marketing and stolen meaning behind Easter is why I don't like it. Same goes for Christmas.

11. Mystic_Wulf

Mystic_Wulf Existential Complex

I hate a lot of holidays for that, but working 13 hours!? Jeez sounds like you got the shitty end of the stick.
    Plus I'm pretty sure everyone here doesn't mind you take a break from your artz. You should really only work at your own pace.

12. TheTrueUmbrakiin

TheTrueUmbrakiin Giant Laser Beams

Yeah, I don't like Easter all that much either... The only good thing that comes from it IMO is chocolate. Lots of chocolate.
    But yeah, I really just don't like commercialization in general. I'm very glad it hasn't happened to Thanksgiving.

13. Gilligan Lanley

Application time!
    Name
    (Username will be put in parenthesis if you decide to use something other than your username): Nezun Skyfire
    Species: Avali
    Class: (As in Miner, Researcher, scientist, etc.): Pit-fighter, cook, youth combat instructor
    Likes/Dislikes (Optional): Likes - Meat, music, fighting, teaching younger people how to fight, strong spirits. Dislikes - Snobby attitudes, fancy titles, burnt meat, being alone, back-talkers
    Why do you want to join us?: Seems to be a friendly and active community, would like to meet new people and maybe make some friends.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  14. unownplyr

unownplyr Big Damn Hero

I WOULD tell you your an arse for spoiling it, but seeing as how you said the title of the movie was murder spelled backwords im not sure if those spoilers "were for realz"

15. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Thanks for the advice, guys. I'm still leaning towards Call of Pripyat. Back when I first got into the Thief series, I couldn't initially get into the older Thief II, but managed to do so after some time with the more accessible Thief 3. So, I figure if I can wrap my head around Call of Pripyat and enjoy it, I'll be dedicated enough to giving Shadows of Chernobyl a go.

16. The Gamer Fox

The Gamer Fox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I know we already discussed this, but please, for crying out loud you have a spell check literally on the forum posting box. There's virtually no excuse for your lack of decent comprehension skills.

I second this, well, both of the things he said really. But mostly that you should take breaks from art every once in a while, as a fellow artist I can vouch for how effective having a few days away from the tablet/sketchbook can help~

17. unownplyr

unownplyr Big Damn Hero

how about the sheer fact that I DONT KNOW WHICH BUTTON IT IS [insert rage spam here]

18. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

it's
    it's not a button, it's a default feature in nearly every goddamn browser. firefox has it by default, pretty sure chrome has it as well...maybe internet explorer doesn't have it but why would you use internet explorer

19. unownplyr

unownplyr Big Damn Hero

because why get a new version of what you already have when the version you have works just fine?
    also, I FINALLY GOT A NEW PHONE :D

20. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

oh my god you're actually using IE aren't you
    the "if it's not broke, don't fix it" mentality doesn't work when literally every other browser you can get works far, far better in pretty much every way.

LOL BALL and Gilligan Lanley like this.