1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Would like to say thanks...

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Roxacemn, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roxacemn

Roxacemn Void-Bound Voyager

This is a message aimed at the devs of Starbound,

Having come from the chaotic forums of Diablo 3 and sifting through complaint after complaint of how it is not fit to be a sequel, it has become apparent to me how important it is to get the community to interact with the dev team in the development phase of an upcoming game.

I think it is absolutely great that we get to play some part and put in suggestions into the direction of the game and are encouraged to come up with our own ideas on what we think could enhance it. It is a great privilege to see the design of the game in its early stages and its core concepts and to understand where you plan to take that idea and how you come about to your decisions in your decision-making processes, rather than just flash out a beta from nowhere where it is potentially too late to change mechanics that a lot of the consumer base would be unhappy with.

I really do think that interaction between people who have an interest in the game being created and the people creating it is essential and greatly helps push the game in a direction that both parties can agree on.

So to that end, a big thanks to all those involved with the creation of Starbound and the community that shares the dream of what this game could potentially become. I do believe methods such as this drive video games into a brighter future.

All the best and look forward to when its released! ^^

2. Gadgetguy

Gadgetguy Bag of Holding

We are all thankful to the awesome devs :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.