1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Worth to be playing now?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Vinyljam, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Vinyljam

Vinyljam Space Hobo

Hi guys. I've just looked upon my Steam account and reminded of this game. I think to get back and try Starbound again. Is it worth to be playing now? I purchased it on January 2014 and guess there was much more players. They still develop this game? What's ur mind? Cheers

2. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Yes, I do think it is worth playing. Version 1.0 of the game has been released, and the developers are still working on updates. The last blog update mentioned terraformers and was posted last week. c:

Sylxeria, Jonesy and Vinyljam like this.
  3. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Moved to Starbound Discussion.

Regards
    Iris Blanche

4. NeoslayerX

NeoslayerX Big Damn Hero

HELL YEAH DEFINITELY
    AND I DIDN'T EVEN PLAY BEFORE 2015

5. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

I wished it could be more expensive, but I guess being grateful is another way to show my gratitude for Starbound. :D

6. Vinyljam

Vinyljam Space Hobo

Lol guys thanks for your replies! I like to light a spliff and play chill games and Starbound looks awesome -even after two and half year.

Unfortunately, when I tried to put the game on it worked - but the frame rate (just thinking it's actually frame rate) make it uncomfortable to play :C I know its my wooden PC but when I was playing it in 2014 at the same pc it was running properly.

[​IMG]

What might cause a problem?
    Cheers

BTW: If you have any recommendations about servers - i'll be grateful. Just to not play alone. Or maybe you're looking for someone to play with / got mic, TS3

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  7. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Things have changed post 1.0 and the developers are working on it.
    For now, try the methods below. And if all else fails, try open up another thread in here instead since here''s not the most appropriated place to discuss it.

Method 1 : Turning off V-sync
    1) Go to your Starbound directory
    2) Open up 'strorage' folder
    3) Right-click starbound.config and pick 'Open with...'
    4) Pick Notepad
    5) Find this line, "vsync" : true, and change true into false
    6) Save it and try to run the game and see if it's better.

Method 2 : 32-bit
    1) Try run the 32-bit version if you were using 64-bit instead.

8. Vinyljam

Vinyljam Space Hobo

Oh thanks. I just opened in 32bit and resized to 720 HD. It works OK now. Getting into the starbound wooorld - you know some servers that you could recommend?
    cheers

9. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

I play alone so...I can't help you there. :catface:

10. Niner-7

Niner-7 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Starbound from the Koala versions and current Starbound are VERY different. I loved the Koala SB but this one? I wish I could revert the version.

11. IAmGod

IAmGod Tentacle Wrangler

Totally worth it lmao.

Is it overkill to play with dual Titan X Cards with 12gb graphics, an intel i7 6700k and G.skill ripjaws 64gb DDR4 and a raid configuration of 10TB? (Not to mention a 4k monitor)

12. DumpsterCat

DumpsterCat Space Hobo

Nah that sounds about par as far as Starbound system requirements go.