1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

World completely reset

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by MechaDraco, Jul 25, 2016.

1. MechaDraco

MechaDraco Void-Bound Voyager

So I was playing the game today and everything was running smooth, out of no where my power goes out, no issue game side there I know what happened, so I just figured whatever, ill play again when it comes back on, power comes on I jump on the game, and I am standing on my ship, it's apparently flying in to a new planet... I've never seen before, It looks alot like my first one so i hop down and find it isnt, I go look at the map and I see that im on a different world but in the same solar system, so I jump over to the old world and... its completely rest, all my stuff is gone, everything I had built, everything I had done so far in the game is just gone, I looked all over the solar system incase I was wrong, I looked in the common folders to see if I could get the worlds coordinates and sure enough, I was at the right place....

So because of a power outage at my home, I lost everything, and I have from what I can tell no way to get it back, I spent a good 8 hrs playing this game just fooling around with creating things, it wasn't that special, but it was special to me... honestly I dont think I can play the game anymore, I love this game tons but if I am gonna just lose everything because of a simple power outage or a system crash or something everytime it happens, whats the point in even bothering? I just thought I would let you know, I am gonna have to think long and hard about continuing to play this game, and I am just not sure I can justify it.

If anyone can assist in helping me find the old world or something, feel free to assist, I would love to get my stuff back, Also note that the things on my character is all still there, however I organize things so basically I have a weapon, some meds, and the manipulator, and maybe a few blocks of whatever I was working on at the time, which was planting crops... and I had just spent every last dime I had on the terra market thing so basically I have nothing.

Edit: I've played this game for ages and ages and ages since it first came out, but this was the first 8 hours since the new release of 1.0, this has never happened at all before, and I generally know how to recover most of lost worlds if I can, but in this case I can't see anything at all, I've palyed the game overall for about 200+ hours, yea I know not the most avid player, but I've palyed it a decent amount.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

In the universe folder of your storage folder there are the planet files located. The first 2 big numbers "XXXX_YYYY" are the coordinates of the system. The starter planet is always a lush planet. Maybe just a bit of progress were resetted and your planet is fine.

~ Iris ~

3. MechaDraco

MechaDraco Void-Bound Voyager

yes unfortunatly I have already done that, its not there at all infact the only ones there are the ones that I went to after I reloaded my character, its as if it reset the universe completely after I came into that character, only issue is I was even still at the same location I know I started at because of the name of the planet, I actually remembered fairly well for somereason, and it was exactly the same, but the planet is reset completely and everything is gone, Ive done a full 100% walk around and the worlds terrain is even completely different from before.

4. Trinosaur

Trinosaur Big Damn Hero

This happened to me too after a random blue screen of death!

5. Maxkool007

Maxkool007 Space Hobo

I got it from nothing. I beamed up to my ship and when i beamed down my WHOLE base and all my stuff is gone. I have nothing left. I was in the middle of swaping things around in my ship so i had most of it on the planet. This is pathetic. I just lost all my playtime more or less...... good job being ready for 1.0 dudes.

6. SeroRamai

SeroRamai Scruffy Nerf-Herder

For the sake of time and reading, I'm just copying what I typed over in another thread. I don't even have my character, let alone a planet.

"I had the same thing this morning. Only heard maybe 2 claps of thunder, so I teleported into my ship and started dispersing my goods into chests... Power flicker.

Character is not even in the "Select Character" either; Only reference is in the starbound folders.
    Steam post: http://steamcommunity.com/app/211820/discussions/3/352788917761081561/"

7. sicness

sicness Space Hobo

Same thing happened to me when my game crashed from a fatal error, but my planet still exists but when I logged back in I was flying to a new planet. When I checked I am in a different solar system and all my teleport bookmarks were gone... Luckily I had a quest I could track back to the planet but now I just hope my farm planet is reset or anything :(

8. Khandor

Khandor Void-Bound Voyager

Same here, just now. I had a huge colony built up on a barren planet, and I had ALL my things stored on the planet with colonists and upgraded crafting stations. I went to further the story, killed a boss, came back and the world reset and I lost -EVERYTHING- I know this is the right planet cuz I had it bookmarked.. this REALLY sucks especially after a 1.0 launch. I lost a lot of hours and now I really don't feel like going back and hunting down all the crap I had and remining and rebuilding the entire town I had...

9. Trinosaur

Trinosaur Big Damn Hero