1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Working Rcon Client?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by JdeFalconr, Aug 17, 2016.

1. JdeFalconr

JdeFalconr Intergalactic Tourist

Can anyone recommend a working Rcon client? I have my server running as a service on a 2012 R2 box and as such I don't have a way to interact with the server besides connecting to it. I can't seem to find a Rcon client that works. I can make a successful connection via Telnet as well as a Minecraft Rcon client (mcrcon) but the former yields only a black screen, showing no typed entries, and the latter doesn't allow execution of any commands.

Thanks for the help.

2. Usiemon

Usiemon Cosmic Narwhal

Hi @JdeFalconr ,

I myself use a client written in Python by Dunto.
    All I need is to broadcast messages before scheduled reboots, so this one fits perfectly.

I used to use some other clients with Valve RCON support such as this one.
    I think some server owners have homemade their RCON clients, so perhaps they could help you.

3. JdeFalconr

JdeFalconr Intergalactic Tourist

Thanks @Usiemon that's helpful. Sorry to say I'm not familiar with how to execute Python scripts; how do I do so?

4. Usiemon

Usiemon Cosmic Narwhal

If you have already installed Python2 (if you are going to use Dunto's client), open the command prompt.
    Then type
    Code:
    cd (the folder you placed the client)
    python rcon_client.py
    This will bring you an interactive RCON prompt, where you can execute RCON command such as "say hi".

Don't forget to edit HOSTNAME/PORT/PASSWORD(they should be on line 30 to 32) before you use it.