RELEASED WONDERFUL FARM LIFE. [SMAPI] version updated 7/2, now with grandpa's memorial! MAKE YOUR FARM SICK!

Discussion in 'Mods' started by taintedwheat, May 23, 2016.

1. taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Hmm... I think I fixed the lines, they were extra front layer tiles.

What do you mean you can you can't enter the swing, exactly? Like you can't walk up the whole level or is it just the swing? I've like looked like hella times to see if there's any extra tiles blocking the path D: I'm going to have to say jinxie may have to make those tiles on the edge of the cliff walkable for us [i hate if this is the reason because they only fill up like one row of pixels of the square that it's in] if that's what's preventing to stand in front (idk how to do that in myself)

Idk about the snow thing, it wasn't our doing. Hmm.

Attached Files:

• Hitgirl911

Hitgirl911 Pangalactic Porcupine

Thanks that was bothering me hahaha :rofl:

I can get up but can't enter the area next to the swing D: Not sure if I can enter that in the first place

• Hitgirl911

Hi (Again, sorry if I'm starting to bug you.) Anyways, my game changed season and I noticed a couple of things:

1.) I went to grandpa's shrine and the tiles aren't loading for some reason. I exited and restarted the game, still the error shows. I reinstalled the mod and still it doesn't show D:

Tiles not showing.JPG

2. At the shop part, there are some missing tiles.

missing tiles.JPG

3.) I think this is unintentional but there is a pot on the plant in this one. It's actually amusing to look at but I feel like it shouldn't be there. (similar to the snow problem but this time it's with a pot.)

Pot on top of plant.JPG

4.) Lastly, I thought the shipping box was missing and panicked since I couldn't sell the stuff I foraged :rofl: However I found the shipping box (yippie!) but it is located at the upper left corner of the shop and it's invisible. This happened after I downloaded the last zip you sent. I encircled where the shipping box is located in the picture below.

(P.S: I downloaded the mod needed to move the shipping box and changed the config but it the location is really at where I encircled it.)

invisible shipping container.JPG

Anyways! That's pretty much all of it.

• RaJhon

RaJhon Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, is there a way to JUST download the basement bit of your farm, as in the previous picture with the soil plots within your house, and that's it. I'm not interested in the other things lol :)

• Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

There *will* be one its finished =D Its its own standalone mod.

• Mallow<3

Mallow<3 Master Chief

yay for seasonal spirit! glad to have this mod :nurunaughty:

taintedwheat likes this.
              • taintedwheat

Heyhey, did you update the spring_festivals.xnb in content, you also have to update all the festival files in maps too.

? I know I didnt like change anything on the tilesheet o.o (i tried something but didnt change its location on the sheets and changed it back)

Yeah the config needs to be changed from op to match the new location of the shop, what is it perchance?
                The other things are actually hella cool and took hella long to make. Shiiiit.

Yeah, what Jinx said. Idk i'm basically done with that version/color scheme of that cellar.

I never planned for the cellar to be apart of this mod.

Last edited: May 28, 2016
                • RaJhon

RaJhon Void-Bound Voyager

I didn't quite understand fully, so basically, you're going to release the mod for the cellar separately in the future? Is that what you guys are saying?

• taintedwheat

So, I think I FINALLY fixed the problems with the map -- so much so I was able to make myself test everything in-game just to make sure.

Also you can walk up there now! And the grass is tidied up!

Make sure all of the following files go into content/maps and a copy of spring_festivals in just the content folder itself.

Yes, soon, maybe even today. I could start a thread up about my cellar with its colors as of right now and edit the colors/offer different colored versions as the days go along if people really want to use that thing now.

edit: so if anyone really wants me to just put out a thread now, bug me. also if you're savvy enough to use tIDE to change the colors to your liking and what not, let me know because i'd really like to see your versions of the cellar with the assets I have and we can all have it in the same thread together for other people to choose from. I purposely made a variety of tiles in different colors just for that reason alone. I guess people could just edit the tilesheet itself in like paint or photoshop but its less fun when everythings already there. (god I'm so goddamn lazy)

Attached Files:

foghorn likes this.
                    • taintedwheat

Also, please don't worry about bugging me with issues that you find. You're actually helping me out, a lot. By doing so you're making the process of dealing with all of this before the SMAPI version can be materialized fully and released. Otherwise it's also a shit show on the extended modded front.

Haha...when I get a laptop and have to basically live at the college in the fall I plan to use the SMAPI version of this mod too xDD

• Hitgirl911

I'm glad that I'm able to help :D

Hahaha! Well I can't wait to see the SMAPI version too. I really love this mod hahahaha, I practically fell in love with it when it was released!

Anyways I got the final map and I found no major issues for now :D I could reach the telescope, no pot on top of the plant, the memorial tiles and the other tiles are back :D The telescope was a really nice touch! Maybe when the SMAPI mod comes out it could spout random space/star quotes hahaha (Quotes like: "Stars can't shine without darkness" and the likes :rofl:)

The only thing I found is that the dog bowl still won't fill up with water but I can live with that hahaha (maybe that needs a code or something.)

(P.S I noticed you made the ground patch near the dog house smaller, and I really liked it hahaha. I placed my lighting rods there and at first I couldn't put the fireplace in the middle since there were two spaces. Since it has a center now, I was able to complete my weird campsite! <3 )

Just wanting to share XD.JPG

sheetcakeghost and taintedwheat like this.
                        • taintedwheat

Yeah, my like folders where everything is gets messy when I'm trying to get maps and spend it back and forth with jinx and with myself to use on my husband's computer that I accidently ended up repacking stuff that wasn't the tiDE maps edits I wanted/did.

That would be really cool if the telescope can generate random messages instead of just one. I'm not really sure if I can do that in tiDE though as it only allows me to do Action|Message [insert message here] once per tile.
                          Like the dog bowls, it would have to be coded in. Which is something they're going to do after the other initial map tiles we made are ready on smapi.

it looking pretty cool right now, people are going to be able to config what they want to see on their map based on how I already laid it out. The way jinxie is doing this for SMAPI is positioning the tiles over a vanilla map and coding my tiles onto the positions originally found in the xnb version. Pretty gnarly stuff. n.n

edit, also could you share the new config of the location of the new location of the bin. I haven't tried to do change it myself yet.

• viiinfinite

viiinfinite Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you for this lovely piece of work! It definitely makes the farm feel more personal. The following config seems to place it in the right spot:
                            Code:
                            {
                              "xPositionOnMapOfNewShippingOption": 74,
                              "yPositionOnMapOfNewShippingOption": 15,
                              "FarmMapAlreadyChangesShippingBinLid": true,
                              "FarmMapAlreadyChangesShippingBinBottom": true
                            }

taintedwheat and Jinxiewinxie like this.
                            • taintedwheat

Thank you! I'm really glad you like it. It's super good to hear people enjoy the efforts we're putting into this. I really hated how the shipping bin was just there.

And then I just went ham making stuff to match with the different seasons when jinx asked about just a tree-swing. I got way to into it and made everything else seasonal and added more to the laundry list of where I wanted this to go and this is the result xD since that one thing was going to be change at the end of every month anyway.

Also, I love Halloween and Christmas decorations n.n
                              And picnics!

Thanks again for the config info! <3

• viiinfinite

Yeah wooow I was looking through your tilesheets (I'm nosy okay) and I absolutely adore all your little details (especially with the picnic area because I am such a sucker for those kinds of things). I played for a bit last night just to bask in the homier atmosphere. You really have such an eye for this~<3

There were a few minor things that bugged me (stupid OCD and a need to solve things myself ORZ) though so I went ahead and fixed them... I hope that's okay? If not I can totally, like, not do it again. I've attached my edited farm.xnb if anybody wants it, but I am *very* new to tIDE so tread lightly (not that I've run into any problems with it so far, but I'm only halfway through spring of year 1 right now).

(forgive the terrible formatting, i'm learning a lot from this experience and trying to have fun with it)
                                • moved several tiles to different layers to reduce clipping issues:
                                  • a lot of trees and bushes in the top left corner of the map
                                  • parts of the shipping bin/stand
                                  • the bench swing's frame
                                  • the pretty white arch thingies
                                  • the lower tile of the radio
                                • made passable:
                                  • the upper tiles of the grill and the table beside it (moved from building layer; no changes to properties)
                                  • the bottom half of the bench swing (can now be "sat" on with a bit of patience)
                                  • the area behind the pet's bowls
                                • removed:
                                  • the spawn paths from the hedges
                                  • the tree spawn paths from the stone tiling
                                  • the weird weeds-on-cliffsides spawn path issue as far as i can tell (this is only obvious with a new game)
                                  • a few invisible tiles from the shrine and telescope areas
                                • minor aesthetic changes to the top left boundary

Edit: oops, replaced the attached file with one that only includes the farm. Sorry!
                                Edit #2: the lower, not the upper, tile of the radio

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 29, 2016
                                • taintedwheat

Awhh dude, dont worry about it! I shared the unpacked version just to see what people can do that I can't. (I cant see everything really well becsuse I play/work/etc on my tv and you cannot make the tilepicker area more zoomed in [i also hate the magnifying tool and refuse to use it])

Can we see some screens of your work?

I couldnt see any of the pathing stuff in my tIDE or I would of def removed the like

• viiinfinite

Ah, looks like you quoted me right before I made my edit. I realized I'd included all the files for the mod when it wasn't really my place to. :p But yeah, I can do screenshots! Do you want before-and-after pics for the clipping and other minor things or is it just the more obvious changes like the bench swing that you'd like to see?

And you just need to make the paths layer visible~ :)

• taintedwheat

Dont worry about that so much. I mentioned earlier in the thread I'm not too worried about images because we've had this proof of concept on my misc. thread for well over a month now and I've been thinking about this since the game intially came out.

Yes please, befores and afters of whatever you did, I am more of a visual or audio person than I am just reading shit. I just try to context clue everything, its lazy and i'll miss some stuff sometimes.

I am curious to see these layer changes. Have you gotten it to work for you well in-game?

• viiinfinite

Well if that's the case I might just do gifs for most of the changes because they're all so close together. Is that okay with you? I might not have them ready until later today though -- most, if not all, will have to be in game pics.

So far, yeah, the layers work fine. If I run into any issues of my own making I'll absolutely let you know, lol. Before shadows would clip through trees or random (mostly from the AlwaysFront layer if I recall correctly) tiles would cover my character's head as I walked by.

Edit: I though I'd read something about you wanting to keep most of the paths in the shrine area, but maybe I'm just misremembering? I don't think I can completely remove them without, like, making all the stone tiles passable buildings (I'll test that theory later), but I can remove the initial spawns as well for my pics if you want me to.

Last edited: May 29, 2016
                                          taintedwheat likes this.
                                        • taintedwheat

Sounds good to me, no rush!

Also, i am not sure if you have a winter save on you, but were you able to walk where the shipping bin was after moving its coordinates, if you do have one?