RELEASED WONDERFUL FARM LIFE. [SMAPI] version updated 7/2, now with grandpa's memorial! MAKE YOUR FARM SICK!

Discussion in 'Mods' started by taintedwheat, May 23, 2016.

1. FiyahKitteh

FiyahKitteh Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah, no it's true. Sorry if what I said came across as rude or anything. It's just that I have this file, where everything is pretty much as it "should" be and so I had a really exact idea of what has to go where. As I said, your mod is absolutely great and for a new file I'd display all the other stuff. =)

Thanks a lot for this! You guys are amazing for having added that, so people can just turn things on and off easily. Perfect <3

Quick question: I use the "Yellow Dirt Removal" mod and the picnic place now looks like this:
    [​IMG]

Is there any way to make the borders of the blanket and swing transparent, by chance? If not, I'll probably have to figure something else out somehow. :speechless:a

• eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

So I looked at the town files. I see these are just the default ones that the vanilla game uses. I already did those, you can download them on the nexus!

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Nah, I am sorry. I was being fiery in the morning and now to need to mitigate from such because of a real lame, condescending asshole who thought I was going to sit there and listen to his own warped shit about decorum and respect when the fuckboy doesn't didn't even want to have any. I admitted I was wrong to a degree, but need not listen to a troll who thinks he's somebody hypocritically to spit the weakest shit and thinks I give a fuck what he has to say when he never participated in posting before. Like I said: a total fuckboy.

Again, I appologize.

Generally, I like to think I'm pretty nice and helpful to a lot of users in the mod forum here that really pisses me the fuck off.

Anywayyyy, enough of my rant. I can talk to Jinx to see if we can make wfl tiles transparent, however, the ones inside the tree is actually from the season tilesheets being used in your game, you would have to either find those tiles and make them grass.

But again, I can talk to jinx and maybe we can make an alt version where those tiles are replaced by pre-existing grass ones. We'll see -- you're definitely not the first to ask. So we know there's a demand, but shes also coding/projects she want to do and not do shit too sometimes (which i totally get)

Heck yeah dude! Will do!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
          FiyahKitteh likes this.
        • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Ok, stupid question maybe, but why arent you putting the edges of the blanket and the grass they are on onto the building layer and making them passable?
          That way, you can just have normal dirt below it, and all those mods that replace it wont have issues :)

taintedwheat likes this.
          • taintedwheat

I feel it, I think we should, initially when we made it on tIDE tho I made them as ground tiles for the .xnb version. O:

But good man, good man. Although idk what I should do, I kinda want to keep the grass if I take off the dirt/make that part transparent for people who want to have dirt but want to see grass under the blanket. ...i mean, it shouldn't look bad with grass on grass. Haha.

• FiyahKitteh

I honestly don't mind the grass under the blanket. In fact, I was expecting for that to stay. Would be neat, just a bit of "overgrown" grass under that blanket. It's there all year anyway, so hey, could happen. ^-^

Also, no problem. Sorry you had a bit of a shitty day! Have a hug? ö_ö °hugs much and gives cookies° <3

Oh uhm, quick question! Does turning one of the values in the config file to "false" remove the shipping bin lid, by chance? It's gone. I don't mind toooo much, since it also doesn't do the creeky sound anymore, since no lid has to be lifted, but just wondering. =O

taintedwheat likes this.
              • taintedwheat

Haha, thanks dudette :3

Hmm, I'm not home rn -- in palo alto to see Flight of the Conchords, so I can't check for sure. But it should be false that the map changes the shipping bin and false because you dont want the farm stand. Uhm... if that doesn't work let us know because I dont think you can run wfl smapi version and jinx's moveshippingbin mod at the same time (but try if you think it can solve the problem?)

• FiyahKitteh

Well, this is what I have my settings set to:
                  Code:
                  {
                    "EditPath": false,
                    "RemovePathAlltogether": true,
                    "ShowFarmStand": false,
                    "RemoveShippingBin": false,
                    "ShowPatio": false,
                    "ShowBinClutter": true,
                    "AddDogHouse": false,
                    "AddGreenHouseArch": false,
                    "AddTelescopeArea": true,
                    "ShowTreeSwing": true,
                    "ShowPicnicTable": true,
                    "ShowPicnicBlanket": true,
                    "AddStoneBridge": true,
                    "UsingTSE": true
                  }
                  I don't see anything that would affect the bin lid. I see an option to remove the whole thing, but that's 'false', so I am slightly puzzled right now xD

• Nickthegreat

Nickthegreat Void-Bound Voyager

Umm.. I just downloaded the non-smapi version. Removed both mods, what area do i put the cellar in?

• taintedwheat

@FiyahKitteh uhm... I haven't gotten a chance to touch bases with jinx yet, I'm not sure why the lid is removed.. Sorry, please be patient!

@Nickthegreat The cellar is a smapi version and that goes in your mod folder where the game is installed.

Both this mod versions are compatible with the cellar mod. As it's standalone.
                      I noticed your comment asking for a blue cellar. You mean doors or interior of the cellar itself? Like how do you want it to be blue?

I'm hoping more people share their recolors. RN I'm just like not thinking about making or editing anything in seriousness or urgency, I'm like trying to make a quick move from one expensive apartment to the next, so I'm chilling for the most part. I'm really stressing out about it, so I'm just kinda like trying to make SDV not the biggest priority.

If you can wait, I'd appreciate it.

• FiyahKitteh

No problem, take your time!
                        Didn't mean to come across as impatient, because I am not. I am just super passionate, sorry. ^//^

• taintedwheat

Sorry, didn't mean to come off like that... I don't use a greenfarm so i dunno, would it be possible if you/anyone can erase the dirt part in the picnic area whatever season you're using in the override for me and share a screenshot? and if that little part is edited fine I can clean up the rest of the overrides soon after.

probably not the dirt for the big archways though, it'd be an easy edit to recreate the shadow over grass but its not even being currently used ein the smapi version.

• Nickthegreat

Nickthegreat Void-Bound Voyager

Sure! I'd wait for anything!

• taintedwheat

just want to update:

i'm editing the dirt off of shit
                              jinx is working on the grandpa's shrine and then afterward figure out the grass soon after that.

alsoooo hopefully probably moving within the next couple of days and it will be a slow back and forth process 6 minute car ride back and forth. i really hope i get this place.

you'll watch me play games and listen to weird, random comedic podcasts? 9:

FiyahKitteh likes this.
                              • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Does that mean it will work with other mods that alter the Farm.xnb file?
                                I was using Tego's Stardew Expansion before finding this mod and I like them both, but Tego's mod changes that file (I don't really care so much for the farm area expansion, but I really like the new exploration areas it adds to the game).

• taintedwheat

Yes. It means you can use his mod with this one seamlessly. Or most other farm maps excluding boffoboy's sanitized farm.

I'd like tfe if he considered editing certain aspects that bother the designer in me. But he was brash/rude to me just because I politely asked him to consider just removing the fencing [so people may use their own for a consistant look of player fencing on the map] and cleaning up the edges of the grass and the cliff perimeter shit on the farm expansion area. Its like ok, dude. We get it you dont like hearing asethic suggestions to make it appealing for everyone.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
                                    Minakie likes this.
                                  • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Thanks for the quick reply :)

I have your Tainted Cellar (and matching pink house) and now this mod. House and cellar are both working nicely and I can see the grill, radio, dog house, swing, telescope, picnic area and bridge from this mod (the only downside is I spent 2 days designing my farm layout on the planner and now I need to make a new one or my cows will be having a picnic instead of me xD).

Altough, I can't seem to find the grandfather patio area, even with the optional SMAPI file. Testing it on a new save with my house full of logs and stones isn't helping since I can't freely move around, but I'd like to know where that is supposed to show so I can go check if it's there or not.

• taintedwheat

The smapi version for grandpa's shrine on the farm wasn't available until now. I haven't edited any of the grass tiles like I said I would...ergh.. but grandpa's shrine is in this attachment here.

if someone wants to take reigns on removing the dirt off the overrides, that that uses greenfarm maps, please do. You don't need xnbnode for it.

The config won't update until you load your game once, and then next you should exit. Open the config file and the option for grandpa's memorial will show up, it will by default be set to false so you want to then set it to true.

-----

@FiyahKitteh with this file you can now remove the farmstand and the bin will be there instead with its lid attached.

again we don't have any of the dirt stuff done. sorries.

Attached Files:

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Thank you so much. I tested it again and everything is working fine. I'm off to the planner to design myself a new farm layout that includes the modded changes :)

taintedwheat likes this.
                                        • taintedwheat

share screenshots!