1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

[Wiring]Any way to reset switch after activation automatically?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Nightwolf117, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Nightwolf117

Nightwolf117 Void-Bound Voyager

I was just wondering if someone could help me understand this wiring system.

In short i want to be able to activate the statue switch go through the secret walls and make it so it resets after a delay which closes the secret door behind me automatically without having to activate the statue again and also setting the statue back to its original off state.

wir.jpg

2. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

for this you may require some logic gaters with a timer involved to give a closing signal.

3. Masiakasaurus

Masiakasaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

From the screenshot it looks like that armor has output (red) but no input (blue). Wiring it up to close the door after a delay will be no problem but resetting the armor afterwards will be because it has no way to accept a signal.

You could just activate it twice, once to open the door and once to reset the armor.

Here's how I would do it: wire the armor to a persistent switch. Persistent switches have two inputs, one to turn them on and one to turn them off (as opposed to other switches, which just have one input and toggle on/off every time they're activated). Wire the armor to the on position of the switch, and wire the output to the door. That will open the door when the armor is used. Importantly, because it's a persistent switch, it will stay on (open) until it receives a signal to close, so activating the armor again to reset it won't close the door. Wire the off input on the switch to a 5 second timer (or whatever delay you like). That will send a signal every 5 seconds to turn the switch off and close the door.

That's a really basic version but it should get you started.

4. Eonwulf

Eonwulf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

First I'll explain something, you won't be able to reset the armor stand automatically because it doesn't have an input. Other than that here you go.
    [​IMG]
    And here's the wiring.
    [​IMG]

If you want it to appear unused, you'll need to reset the armor stand yourself before you walk in like I did with the switch in the gif.