1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED WIP: The Viera of Ivalice 0.3.2

The Viera of Ivalice have fled to the stars

1. Vegetable Lamb

Vegetable Lamb Existential Complex

Code:

[17:19:03.582] [Error] Could not apply patch from file /npcs/friendlyguard.npctype.patch in source: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\211820\732276079\contents.pak.  Caused by: (JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. (JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. (TraversalException) Tried to get key 'viera' in non-object type in pathApply("/scriptConfig/dialog/hail/viera")

Not a game breaker, but something plaguing several races at this time.

AmazonValkyrie likes this.
  2. AmazonValkyrie

AmazonValkyrie Spaceman Spiff

Thanks, I'll see that it's fixed with the next update.

Zach9o9 likes this.
  3. michtyy

michtyy Poptop Tamer

Thank you so much for taking your time to make this race, I love ff and I can't stop playing after choosing to play as Viera. I have a problem though, I can't seem to find the tier 1 armor:Fran ? Can you please tell me where it is/how to get it? It would be much appreciated. :avail:D:

4. AmazonValkyrie

Thank you for your kindness ^_^ I'm so glad you're enjoying what I've created so far. The tier 1 armor is crafted at the anvil.

5. michtyy

michtyy Poptop Tamer

Ahh ok I must have not noticed it then :oops:, anyways thank you for your reply, really appreciate it. :avail:D:

6. AmazonValkyrie

Looking for some feedback on recipes, mainly for building materials, but if anyone has any feedback on other recipes feel free to share. I'm mainly wondering if the count for how many building materials at a time that can be made should be increased? For example most Viera tiles currently can be made with 2-4 planks and output 4 of the created material. I noticed the Avali for example allow players to craft 50 at a time for several materials, so I'm wondering what you all think is best for this.

A brief update on my work. I've been bouncing from aspect to aspect. I ran into some trouble with the gate to settlements and have been receiving help from bk3k to force gates to lock to a particular settlement from a pool of available villages so that players can return via gate to villages found. I've run into issues with Tiled as well that have slowed me down with building the villages. I've also got the base for the tier 1 ship set up and am currently testing it. A few weeks back a member tested all the new content I've added and gave some well needed feedback regarding the color palette of the new objects and tiles. It made me realize I needed to do some more editing and also more adding lol. I went out and bought a copy of FFXII The Zodiac Age and as I've been progressing through the story I've taken snapshots of every interesting tileset and I can conceivably reproduce and have been working on creating them over the past week. I've added over twenty more, and counting, all with color options! Most of them are based on Dalmascan architecture and color schemes, which are essentially woven through most of the territories in XII. Once I've wrapped up adding these new tiles, I intend to go through the previous ones, tweak them and add color options as well. What's more is I've taken some cues from the Avali tiles to build some dynamic looks as each tile connects to another in interesting ways. Previously I didn't really explore this avenue, mainly because I wasn't entirely sure how to set up some interesting looks as far as connecting tiles with this, but it really opens up some doors for interesting creations with building! I intend to add a handful of more objects, a tileset specifically for the ship, and I'm probably going to do some basic furniture pieces for the ship. I know it's not customary, but it should be known that the Viera ship will start fully furnished. It doesn't make sense to me that players would come across a spare ship (in the intro) and not find any furniture or objects whatsoever on board o_O. Another thing that has piqued my interest is the new RPG stat growth and class mod that came out recently. Anyone who has played a game set in Ivalice knows that their job system is a big focus and is also super fun. I want to emulate this for the Viera, and I've contacted the mod author in hopes of crafting a similar system. So basically there's a lot I'm working on at once right now, but it's nice to be pushing to rebuild them more well rounded than they were before. I've also taken several requests into account and will be acting upon them. I know people have requested more hairstyles (you're right @Vegetable Lamb you can never have enough!) and I've also received a request for more skin tones, and asymmetrical coloring for ears. If anyone has any other requests, feel free to voice them here or contact me in some way.

Moreover, as with before this major update is taking me a while. I understand if interest might be waning, and if you all would prefer I just update with a fix for the mech I will shift gears and put that out for you all. Perhaps I shouldn't even be asking that question, as I should first and foremost allow them to be playable again. Anyway, I'm interested in any feedback you all might have regarding all this. I hope you're all well!

7. alibabaggypants

alibabaggypants Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Honestly, I'd to be able to play again. My main account is viera, which makes things a bit difficult.

Otherwise, what you're working on sounds amazing! I can't wait to mess around with all the new building options and villages especially! Either way, the timing of the new update is up to you, and I don't mind waiting!

8. Milly Rainbowskittlez

Milly Rainbowskittlez Cosmic Narwhal

Too be entirely honest, i think pushing for the rpg element would be great, but i think it should be done at a later date as a plugin rather than part of the mod itself. Its great to want to keep adding more, but always remember that its best to pace yourself and finish whats on your plate before pushing further ahead and doing all of the things, as from personal experience, it always leads to a mediocre product.
    I also think that waiting for the rpg element is entirely possible as it stands as well, since its not entirely required to put in during development.. This is of coarse thanks to the fact that the rpg coding itself is also an addon, and not part of the codes core. Because of this, you could easily have it featured as an expansion to what youll have finished in the end, which could also include several other elements that you may not have had time to put in during development or havent thought of as of yet. And yes i am totally giving you video game building advice. This mod is starting to feel more and more fleshed out like any of the vanilla races, and maybe even moreso than some -looking at novakids-

Also canonically i can see the Viera living mostly in Dalmascan architecture since the common theme of starbound is about people leaving their homeland/planet for one reason or another.. which perfectly mirrors the Viera throughout Ivalice, who left The Wood. Though i wouldnt mind occasionally finding a very rare Viera village/city that used The Wood's architecture style.... ... if thats at all possible xD

Finally, i may not be able to really put my opinion out as im a little biased in this aspect (since im among those that are eagerly awaiting the finished product rather than jumping in... despite how tempting >x<)
    If you think you can spit out a quick hotfix for the mechs, that would most likely be the best course of action, however if you think it would distract you too much, perhaps it would be best to continue on the progress that youre already on. I know that when leaving code unattended for any period of time can cause a tad bit of confusion and frustration when jumping back into it again xD... and i only do tiny fiddly coding for secondlife :V

9. AmazonValkyrie

You're right, adding the rpg elements can come later. I wasn't aiming to add it in now, but wanted to let everyone know it was something I've had in mind and may be able to make headway on it in the future. I just got very hopeful when I saw that creating a job system could be done beyond what I had planned (which was solely based around building it upon the gear equipped-which is still my intention).

Oh you'll definitely see the Wood's architecture that I've built up over the years in all villages, as it was before. It's still going to dominate the style of Viera villages. I'm mainly just adding the styles of Dalmasca for some buildings I have in mind, and a majority of the tiles I've created are based around the interior patterns on the walls in buildings with only a handful for building exteriors. It honestly has helped me to establish a more cohesive, and appealing color scheme to carry through the race and apply to tile color options as well as furniture color options and has helped to free me from only using a small palette of colors for the Viera in more ways than one. Plus, I figured a lot of people would enjoy seeing some of the more familiar looks from across XII.

I think I can quickly throw together a working version of the current build for the mod, but as you mentioned I am afraid of being distracted x_x.

Thanks for all the feedback btw, Milly! It really helps to be able to talk to people about all this regularly as I can get caught up in a hurricane of ideas and work at times O_O

If you or anyone else has any feedback, feel free to post or message me here or shoot me a message or friend request on Steam (user: aeonfluxxiii )

10. Milly Rainbowskittlez

yeah xD I know how it can be when you think of something new and epic and "ITLL TOTALLY WORK" and you just gotta put it in! xD Its always nice to have atleast someone try to talk you down, even if your intentions were to still add it later anyway :p

Also in a way, youll still have to do the mech fix, and i doubt itll be nearly as troublesome as it may seem.. sometimes is tho x....x. But id say id just passively work on it when youre sick of looking at the other code for the day :p Kinda like a thing you can use when the codes being bleh that day, and you really just wanna get something done

11. AmazonValkyrie

Well I actually have the mech fix in place. The issue is I fixed it on the most recent version of my mod which had a good bit that had been started but not completed >_< I've also not had time to sprite out the full Magitek mech yet, and didn't wanna put out the update without that either...lol Many convoluted, dumb things that have deterred my mind on this when I totally should've sorted things and posted the fix. Honestly I've just had the greatest desire to have a huge chunk of new features and improvements to bring to the table so I can just completely wow everyone interested. It seems like something like that would really excite people to return to something that has gotten better and more well rounded than before. It's like experiencing something new, but familiar. Plus I kinda promised I'd have a ship for the next official update. All these excuses, I know :zzz: I think I'll just post the fix at least in the next few days. Then I can just focus on bringing all this to the table thereafter.

12. Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs Pangalactic Porcupine

Just want to say, I am still interested.

13. sigint

sigint Phantasmal Quasar

Regardless of what time reveals, I'm sticking around. The Vieran have been one of the most enjoyable races to play so far, and being patient has been extremely rewarding thus far. Congrats on all of the outstanding work!

14. Milly Rainbowskittlez

And the best part is, its only gonna get better xD Its crazy!

15. ratkintheoverestimated

ratkintheoverestimated Phantasmal Quasar

I was wondering if it was possible to access the viera building materials and objects if playing as another race? I am currently a bit far along with my current character and would love to use some of the objects depicted in the screen shots.

16. AmazonValkyrie

Currently you'd have to use the console command "spawnitem" to do it. Sorry, Ive had a lot of people ask about this and I may properly address it in a future update.

17. AmazonValkyrie

AmazonValkyrie updated WIP: The Viera of Ivalice with a new update entry:

Revitalization of all Objects & Tiles + New Objects & Tiles

Read the rest of this update entry...

18. Senpai Deviljo

Senpai Deviljo Cosmic Narwhal

Haven't seen this updated in a while. I love my viera team on my ship. Btw can u lower the music box or have a option to turn it off or on in the viera villages. It's too loud i say and only way to remove it is by destroying it.

19. AmazonValkyrie

The music box will be removed once I get the settlements sorted out. Sorry for the volume and the inability to turn it off. It was only used before to create a soundtrack for the village, but I've discovered a much more pleasing way of achieving this ^_^

20. Senpai Deviljo

Senpai Deviljo Cosmic Narwhal

Ah cool and thanks for the reply.