1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED WIP: The Viera of Ivalice 0.3.2

The Viera of Ivalice have fled to the stars

1. AmazonValkyrie

AmazonValkyrie Spaceman Spiff

Yeah I've got it fixed in my current version on my pc. There's a mech fixer mod on steam that fixes the problem for Viera. It's a temporary fix for players until I update.

Warboss_Spriggs likes this.
  2. FierySwordswoman

FierySwordswoman Void-Bound Voyager

3. AmazonValkyrie

I'm glad you're excited about the change to settlements ^_^ It may take me more time to make the inhabitants of such more personable, but I aim to create some breathtaking environments nestled into deep forests.

Yeahhh I've been really apprehensive about mentioning the new bodies, but also optimistic at the same time. I mean the most popular race mod are the Avali, who can't wear anything but their own gear. This situation is different of course, because the Viera didn't start with this new body when I made them a part of this game years ago. I feel like if I can give enough clothing/armor then it'll help people adjust. I honestly didn't take mod armors into account, but vanity slots can cover up anything. I'm sure that's not the solution a lot of people would want to here, and I hope this change doesn't upset a lot of people. I do think I should make it optional as well, but you're right, I will have to make two versions of every armor set just to cater to both versions of the mod, and I'm only one person x_x I feel so sure about the new body though, mainly because I've always hated the jump animation for the default humanoids, and I've also always wanted to make the Viera characteristically different for immersion. On the plus side, having the bodies slightly larger gives me more canvas room, so to speak. Every pixel counts when you're trying to achieve minute details in clothing for this game lol.

There doesn't seem to be a way at all to make clothing change per race, only per gender. I really wish it were so. Perhaps a savvy modder out there might be able to make it happen, but I'm not sure it's feasible :/

lol Amano's concept is definitely superior (in my opinion) to this one, but this *is* the only version with arms. I think I'm going to meld the two and add a touch of the design aspect I created for Viera ships. I feel like it gives me some free liberties by having anything built by Viera, because there are no ship or technological references built by them to pull from in the main series. I just hope my designs are well accepted, and I definitely want to pull more from the technological aesthetics of Ivalice to ensure it all fits in. It feels like a delicate house of cards to ensure Viera built objects and technologies fit in with the universe they come from, and I don't want to cause people to object heavily. I'm not even sure if people like the ship I designed in the opening cutscene.

Warboss_Spriggs likes this.
  4. alibabaggypants

alibabaggypants Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Personally, so long as some of the fun outfit pieces from vanilla are fine, I'm all for the custom body. The settlement update really is super exciting though!!

5. Vegetable Lamb

Vegetable Lamb Existential Complex

6. Vegetable Lamb

On the body thing, there's always the option of keeping the current body as a separate version from the one with the newer body. I'd add the new body last, just to make your life easier if you go this route. Get the objects/pets/ship/tiles, etc finished first. Someone is supposed to be working on ridable (vehicle) chocobos in another mod.

You can never have too much unisex anime hair. Never. I'd also add the tiles if can, since you'll never have to touch that again (theoretically). Objects and crafting stations probably need to come out together to avoid duplicate work.

If you come out with new resources (ore, etc), let the Frackin Flora guy know, since it will screw with players using his mod otherwise.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  7. AmazonValkyrie

True, I've been figuring I should add the new body last, but I keep thinking about the necessity of armor, as the Viera still don't have a full setup. Ugh, I've been planning for ages on doing my own Chocobo. I'll probably still provide my own Viera specific ones regardless in the future.

I agree about having more hairstyles, especially unisex ones. If you have specific suggestions I can construct new ones to add in? I'm not really keen on using other people's creations in my mods, but I can certainly take inspiration from other works to add in. And if you have any feedback on the current setup of hairstyles per gender, feel free to speak your mind. I really want to doll up the starting choices for Viera characters.

I have a crystal resource that I've added in thus far, and have messaged that mod author before, however he seems to possess no interest in responding at all. The only conflicts I can imagine would be in naming conventions/IDs, and it also wouldn't spawn on any mod created planetary systems. It would probably (ultimately) come down to my making my work compatible with theirs via patch or a version aimed specifically at Frackin U and not the other way around, as again that mod author has never responded to me and would most likely say the same. While I would want mods to coexist well, it's also frustrating to have to build part of one's work around that of someone elses. Anyhow, I'll try to anticipate any problems that may arise, but it will be difficult.

8. Vegetable Lamb

Well a quick way to boost starting options is just to add more colors to the palette. And then make them into dye colors.

Hair inspiration:
    Here

Found some more designs for clothes:
    Male armor!
    Here
    Here
    Not Viera, but still cool

AmazonValkyrie likes this.
  9. Kirbyroth

Kirbyroth Pangalactic Porcupine

Yea I remember sayter saying something like mod authors would need to make their stuff compatible with his stuff In a event a conflict arises. Simply it makes sense given how huge FU and how inter connected the resources are with one another. You can try to contact if need be though discord if you haven't tried that yet.

10. Scythel

Scythel Void-Bound Voyager

You're making item variants for new and vanilla bodies? What a massive undertaking. You really are going above and beyond for your fans and I think that's pretty great!

I have a question though, regarding the wigs. Will the vanilla variants function the same as they always have? Since they have space for Viera Ears, I was able to use one one on Bunnykin and create a character that looks almost identical to the main OC I use as a mascot/persona.
    [​IMG]
    I'm not savvy enough to figure out how to add hair otherwise.

11. Valkeir

Valkeir Void-Bound Voyager

If you haven't already I still suggest tying the ear tip colour to the hair colour. Also the sudden drop makes me said, as I had been Viera all the time. So I'll have to remove it for a while, looking forward to it's return and update.

12. AmazonValkyrie

I'll see what I can do for those ears. I need to just post an update with the mech fix and all the new and revamped stuff I created for them. Sorry for my lack of doing so. As always I've kept aiming to have a more substantial build than what is feasible with time. If I can manage it, I'll surprise you all with an update that fixes everything very shortly.

13. AmazonValkyrie

Looking for two-three *discreet* people who use different mods (namely FU) and have existing Viera to test my recent build and give feedback. I made a few changes to existing ship objects in preparation for the new ship that may affect placement on the existing ship. I wiped my previous Viera characters and have only been able to test it on new characters, so I don't want to screw anybody over with this. Plus I've added *many* objects that could use a thorough testing as well. Looking for people who have posted here a lot, people I feel I can trust as there is a *lot* of new, and original content, so I may be a bit picky. It's nothing personal, I just want to make sure nobody will repost my unreleased work or spoil any surprises for others. If you're interested, send me a message to my inbox through here!

14. TheGladex

TheGladex Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I cannot wait for the next update, love this mod.

15. GoldRidley

GoldRidley Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I suppose I could take a crack at it, Amazon. Anything in particular you want me to look out for?

16. Milly Rainbowskittlez

Milly Rainbowskittlez Cosmic Narwhal

They didnt?
    Original manual art v
    upload_2017-7-23_23-9-58.png
    upload_2017-7-23_23-14-42.jpeg
    ^ Intro for 6/us3

However they totally did shoot beams from the focus lense in the mechs chest. But you could also take a few liberties with the arms regardless, since the mechs also allowed its rider to use spells they didnt normally have access too. (since the mechs effectively functioned as magicite)

This all being said though, your idea for replacing parts to make it look like the Viera re/constructed them does seem like a really cool concept too. In a way, itd be like they restored an ancient mech suit as best they could envision it, kinda like the Floran with the apex ship.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  17. AmazonValkyrie

[​IMG]

Yeah, those versions of the Magitek armor were used in the game, but the original Amano design which was used in the concept art in VI and as the official version in FFXIV had no arms and was mainly black with gold trim. I forgot that the opening Magitek armors in VI had arms too x_x For some reason I thought it was only the sprites lol. Anyway, it'll work, and I'll definitely mesh the two looks together. I'm glad ya like the concept, and yeah it's definitely a lot like the Floran's methods albeit a bit more refined.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  18. Milly Rainbowskittlez

I have been officially out nerded D8 I had no idea the original concept for the mechs had no arms. Then again, its also possible that they may of had an idea for mechs to return to the game at a later time, and this is the concept that they could have used too o: I always thought it was silly anyway that they have the mechs in the opening.. with so much sprite work and everything, only to never ever use them again except for redrawn static sprites.

Still the point stands.. >w< those are nerdings i cant compete with!

I definitely agree. The Viera would most certainly have a more refined method of reconstructing too. Almost elegant id say, and probably more functional too.

Also again again~ Ive actually been pondering the methods of the mech arms. I wonder if its possible to use in game staff/wand spells.. and how far can you edit the projectiles. Using a high tier mech to cast Flare (or Nuke if youre an oldie ;P) or Meteor would be friggen fantastic. Though i feel that itd definitely need to only be one spell per arm.. but i suppose you could probably build lore around that.. Something like using magicite like they did with materia but more permanent.

But this brings me to my next set of questions o: What kinda mech parts are we looking at? Are we looking at maybe a full set of Viera tiered system, or just one set with maybe a few extra parts for added effect?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  19. AmazonValkyrie

True, they really didn't do much to involve the playable characters with using magitek after the opening. I do like that they put them on display throughout VI as weapons of the empire, and you even get to see hover craft versions later on in the story!

I've been thinking about the purposes for the arms as well and I would like to do magic/elemental damage attacks overall. I haven't played much of 1.3 but I believe most of the parts are found throughout the universe, right? If you or anybody has any more ideas for mech parts feel free to share more! Ideally I'd like to create an outpost equivalent with a Cid who presides over the mech portion for the Viera, but that feels far away in the scope of other things that I feel need to be completed sooner rather than later. I'm aiming at least to have a basic mech set to start with though until I can pour more into fleshing out all these ideas.

In other news I've almost finished the village gate! I've wrapped up the pixel work on it, so now all that remains are the data files, the vision dust to open them, settlement design, and some heavy testing.

Milly Rainbowskittlez likes this.
  20. Milly Rainbowskittlez

omg the hover varients. i completely forgot about those!

The mech parts are provided through 'blind bag' blueprints (simple, advanced, etc blueprints that turn into mech blueprints when used) which you can find throughout space missions or events (like enemy ships and anomolies and the like) They dont appear anywhere else and you cant buy them. Though.. that isnt to say they cant be sold, and the same being said about them being random blind bags. Each part does have its own blueprint.. But i have yet to find them like that naturally.

And continueing with the mech thing, If i were the one doing it, id probably go for the basic 3 spells. Thunder, Ice, and Lightning. and then id throw in like a tier 2 or 3 part with Quake which could also be used to dig... Though graphically im not quite sure how id do it. If it were possible, for lightning id set the arm to instead activate an event.. if thats actually possible, and have the event be a trigger for like.. a lightning bolt coming in from off screen.... and for quake.. i really dont know.. the ideas i had for it could be implementable.. but the design wouldnt work.. But i definitely still think there should be a mid tier arm for digging, since in vanilla you only get the stupid power hungry drill, and then the literally end game beam drill. Nothing to step up on between though. Maybe a different earth spell.. or.. -giggles- maybe Titans fist! PUNCH THE WALL INTO OBLIVION! :rofl:

Also woo!