1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED WIP: The Viera of Ivalice 0.3.2

The Viera of Ivalice have fled to the stars

1. AmazonValkyrie

AmazonValkyrie Spaceman Spiff

Ugh, I really shouldn't continuously double post, but I've been itching to ask everyone a question in regards to Viera racial crafting. Do you enjoy upgrading stations with materials to show progression for *all* stations, or would a nice mix of questing to gain new blueprints be a good idea? I'm just not sure if it's better to make upgrade stages for EVERY vanilla equivalent station for the Viera.

I've completed the new Wood working table and it's animation, I'm still not building it with upgrade stages, because it seems strange that you would need to upgrade it to just make, for example, a new door O_O

2. KaleShibata12

KaleShibata12 Phantasmal Quasar

Honestly I hate the material upgrading progression. Its basicly an excuse to stop at EVERY planet and run around. in this case though maybe a simple quest for the blueprint might be a touch better to do and would separate it from current vanilla stations though. problem is how much work that could create give or take.

AmazonValkyrie likes this.
  3. Valdeir

Valdeir Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A quest is a nice thought.
    Any deviation in the repetition grind to progress from the normal game will only help this mod stand out even more. Being repetitive is always something these kinds of games have to deal with after all. So I think it is another way to make your mod feel special.

Thank you for all the work you have done AV. It is appreciated. This mod has been something I never go without.

4. AmazonValkyrie

I agree, I want to steer away from repetition. I'm thinking of following a similar route that Final Fantasy III took for example. Whenever the player unlocked new jobs, several were given at once at varying intervals, depending on what the player has completed. I'd like to apply a similar concept to crafting, at least by granting several blueprints at once for the player.

You're welcome, I'm just sorry it's taken me so long to add content to the mod. I'm very glad that you're enjoying it, and it feels so great to know that others appreciate my work :)

I do have another question for everyone in regards to crafting. It's sort of a question of realism vs space saving. What irks me about the vanilla spinning wheel is that realistically you don't use a spinning wheel to make fabric. It's use is for the spinning of skeins of fibers. For the Viera, a mechanical loom with a thread winder mounted on the back is much more realistic (and is now the spinning wheel replacement), but how do they sew their gear? After you make fabric in real life, you do have to use something (either your hands and a sewing kit or a machine) to stitch it all together. So my predicament is, I've created the loom, and it's animation, but I also feel like there should be a sewing machine of some sort attached, you know...for realism. I don't want to have to make another crafting station solely as the sewing machine because I don't want to compound the player with too many crafting stations, however if I try and tack it on to the side of the loom, it will make the crafting station about 40-48 pixels wide (five to six in-game tiles wide), so it becomes a question of realism vs space saving.

Are you more concerned with saving space, or realism? I'm somewhere in the middle personally, but I definitely wanted to consult everyone about it, however minuscule it may seem to some. It's something that applies to many other objects as well.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  5. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

I'm more for realism so that the game feels immersive personally. Also, who'll say no to such great and detailed art anyway? Starbound is a sandbox game after all so spaces are not an issue.
    You know, spaces?
    Spaces. :3

Edit (whoops, missed these two) :

I prefer the former one since it provides consistency. But...

It depends on what kind of ingredient you're using for your furniture I guess. Maybe you can design the worktable to show various kinds of tools / ingredients revolving around the furniture that uses them and the next tier will have a different set that's much better in quality. Like from wood to metals, then jewels.
    If the ingredients are mostly the same however, then one crafting worktable should be enough. And blueprints will be a good idea for progression.

But I personally will just cramp everything into one crafting worktable with tabs to filter them out. :V

In my opinion though. :3

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2016
  6. ZackHisakaru

ZackHisakaru Void-Bound Voyager

just out of curiosity, did the gramophone get removed? I haven't been able to find it at all

7. AmazonValkyrie

No, it's still within the mod, but isn't craftable/buy able anymore. Due to some changes in the way the gramophone worked after an update to the game itself, it no longer worked properly. I did recycle it for use of a single song though. You'll find it in Viera villages ^_^

8. ZackHisakaru

ZackHisakaru Void-Bound Voyager

ah okay, I'll be sure to look out for it then, thank you

9. Kyonus

Kyonus Void-Bound Voyager

can anyone tell me how to upgrade my pet please ^^?
    what food does my pet eat because i have try to feed but he don't eat T.T

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  10. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

If it's ship pet, there's nothing to upgrade, they're just...pets.
    If it's the pet you captured by using a capture pod, you can use collars on them.

11. Kyonus

Thanks you so much ^^ but i can't find the weapon in the post ether in the weapon table ?

12. AmazonValkyrie

The weapons were disabled to follow the game's setup in an update I posted a few months ago, however they will return ^_^

Kyonus likes this.
  13. Kyonus

thanks you are help me alot ^^ thank you

14. AmazonValkyrie

You're welcome ^_^ Let me know if ya have any more questions/problems!

Kyonus likes this.
  15. Scythel

Scythel Void-Bound Voyager

Is there any progress on the ship? I just wanna know if there's a projected release date for it so the update doesn't eat everything I've stored in my current ship

16. AmazonValkyrie

Still no ETA as of yet. The ship is still quite unfinished, however I have been busy creating assets for it, as well as lots of new furniture. I will definitely give a briefing ahead of time when that update launches.

17. Scythel

Ah, okay!
    This is literally my favorite mod, even if my PC isn't a Viera, I still feel like the mod's contents add a significant impact on my experience, making it more enjoyable.
    Which leads me to another question, actually. Would it be possible to make it so wigs function beneath face items like Sunglasses and ect.? My current playthough is Bunnykin and I've managed to get a combination of features that allow my ears to go through the wig without clipping ( many of the Bunnykin ears are actually removed by wigs ) and while I'm elated to have a PC resemble my OC so well, I'm also at a loss since I can't wear face items or hats.

https://gyazo.com/88abd7c16a3e3f03fe1f153002c6bc0a

Like, I'd really like to be able to wear the cool shades with that, or hats, so if it's possible I'm sure it'd be a nice QoL feature and I'd personally love you for it even more than I already do lmao

I hope it isn't rude of me to make such a selfish suggestion > .<

18. Charlatan

Charlatan Parsec Taste Tester

That should be only possible by scripting, or attaching wigs to a layer underneath (chest armor, leg armor)

BTW personally loving someone anonymous for a mod can turn out dangerous :p

*cough* to focus on the point at hand though, making duplicates / masking adjustments to certain wigs to allow sunshades or anything similar, would be a rather small effort. One you could do yourself, even if you lack modding experience.

Agree to the first line btw. None of my chars are Viera, but I greatly appreciate having them around.

19. Scythel

I didn't mean IN LOVE, it's the same way you'd love a musician or entertainer; they produce a masterpiece and your life is amazing.

As far as modifying the lairs or whatever, I have two questions: If I play with friends, will they need to make the adjustment too?
    My second question would be as to how I would actually DO that. I have absolutely 0 modder experience.

20. Charlatan

Charlatan Parsec Taste Tester

Oh I was mostly messing around, nevermind me :p

>>> "If I play with friends, will they need to make the adjustment too?"
    In what you ask for, the only difference this will make, is what you and your friends see.

What you ask for will be, as it is called, "client sided". That means, you can use it without causing any errors or problems, but only you will see the modded hair/sunglasses.
    Likewise, your friends will only see it the way their local Starbound + mods involves. For you and your friends to see it the same way, you all need to use the exact same mods. Your friends can refuse/neglect using it, but then they will simply instead see the default appearances instead.
    Only conflicts in the actual code or script will crash or cause errors. If it is just visuals, everyone in your multiplayer session can use whatever they prefer.

>>> "My second question would be as to how I would actually DO that."
    That could be quickly explained. In a more responsive medium than a forum, that is. I mostly came back here, because I want to clarify, AmazonValkyrie
    making a whole alternative mod for this would be a much larger effort overall than separating it as a personal little modification yourself.

That is, unless I am unaware of some unknown, different way of handling the head item, chest item and leg item inventory ....?

For those who only seek to mod and be creative, my advice is always available on steam http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006276058/

EDIT:
    MUCH more importantly..... bunny people with badass sunglasses.... wat ? :p

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016