Modding Discussion [WIP]Starbound Item Creation Program

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by WeaselOfDeath, Dec 9, 2013.

1. RockyTV

RockyTV Big Damn Hero

If I wasn't peaceful I'd start talking shit about this tool.

2. SaintPanda

SaintPanda Cosmic Narwhal

I want this so much.....you have no idea....I was working with a tutorial, which is good, but not a good as a ready made mod maker program. I bet I'll have less crashes making mods with this. The tutorial was awesome, but too much for my tiny brain, and the troubleshooting is hard. When this comes out I will create myself a mod and be forever happy.

3. Mallonee

Mallonee Intergalactic Tourist

This'll make my projects so much less tedious and time consuming! I am most certainly looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

4. Goldragon227

Goldragon227 Big Damn Hero

I know this is literally the first post you made about this wonderful tool, but do you have at least an estimation of when you will have at least a working weapon editor for the current version of Starbound?

5. WeaselOfDeath

WeaselOfDeath Void-Bound Voyager

Well I can't say when I will have it done but I will quickly try to finish up the guns portion of it and get to testing it. I hope I can finish the guns part tonight. I just have a few more things left for guns I think...

6. SaintPanda

Cool, looking forward to it. In fact, guns are what I want the most.

7. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Void-Bound Voyager

Hi there - was literally just about to start making my own program to do the very same thing.

I figured 2 heads are better than one, right? If you'd like to collab that is. What language / IDE are you using?

EDIT : Looks like c# which is good!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  8. WeaselOfDeath

Hey! I would love an extra head to help me with this! I can set up a GitHub project file for this if you want to come help. If you have Skype we can talk on there. Send me a message if you want my Skype name.

9. WeaselOfDeath

Hello people. Making a check in with progress updates!
    Sadly the guns part is not finished but I have a few items of good news!

I am now joined by Velcrohead to help speed up the process!
    I also have some more screenshots!

Screenshots!

[​IMG]

I'm messing around with custom made guns(eventually melee and shields).

[​IMG]
    Projectile page is almost done. I need to add in a few more things such as ability to select muzzle flash and what not.

10. SaintPanda

*happydance* This is exactly what I want from this.

11. Silmaril.SE

Silmaril.SE Astral Cartographer

Heh. I'm working on something quite similar just to practice my C# - but I've started mainly on the recipes side. How are you guys parsing the textfiles? I've managed to get something that'll allow you to mod the crafting items and materials. Interestingly, if you're on Steam, and you verify the game integrity, it'll overwrite any changes you've made. A nice safety net for tooling around.

12. WeaselOfDeath

Hey, if you are interested. You should join Velcrohead and I. We could all pool our knowledge together and make a great program for this!

13. Silmaril.SE

Silmaril.SE Astral Cartographer

I'm about to leave the country for a month over Christmas, and probably won't be around much, otherwise I'd definitely take you up on the offer!

14. WeaselOfDeath

Well, when you get back. Check in and let us know what's up.

15. Nexias

Nexias Aquatic Astronaut

Just asking out of curiosity: Will this be open source so we could add our own things? e.g plants and other items?

16. WeaselOfDeath

When I'm done with it I will be more than happy to make it open source. Other items will be added in eventually.
    I believe Velcrohead is currently working on importing items. I am almost done with the saving system.

17. SKRUZO

SKRUZO Void-Bound Voyager

Im actually really excited to see this finished. I would love to be able to make my guns and swords look the way i want.

18. WeaselOfDeath

Well here is my update for the program. I have been working on the file saving system today.
    I also revamped the Recipe tab on the program.

Screenshot

[​IMG]
    Ignore the testing labels on the bottom.

To whoever asked me to add in an option for custom crafting table like items, I added in an "Other (Custom)" option for you.
    One set back is that you have to know the name of the custom crafting tool.

19. T0xicBanana

T0xicBanana Void-Bound Voyager

yay. i cant wait to use this!

20. EpootEnvoy

EpootEnvoy Aquatic Astronaut

Hope this comes out soon. I can't find Apex armor stuff anywhere, and even though I have the materials to make that delicious Usurper gear, no blueprints to be found. You're doing God's work.