Modding Discussion [WIP] Celestial Research

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Pychnight, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Pychnight

Pychnight Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi, everyone I'm currently developing some mods that will improve parts of the game that seem lacking currently here is my to do list and Features that are planed or done.

The goal of the mod is to improve and add new content to the game that fits within the starbound universe.

-------------------------------------------------
    ------[Improved Weather System]------
    --------------------------------------------------

What, I'm doing with the weather system is adding more visual effects to all the current events of the weather system like incoming meteors that will now be on fire when traveling though the air and Rain will now make the sky cloudy, small general improvements that are visually noticeable and visually will give more

Progress: 30% [using game sprites right now to make progress, though it's looking good ]

-- Celestial Events --

After improving the standard events included with the game, I will be using the unique weather system to create new events such as the aurora borealis on ice worlds and other natural events, I will further improve the night sky with events such as shooting stars.

Progress: Need artist.

------------------------------------------
    -----[Ship Protection Device]-----
    ------------------------------------------

This block will prevent all players entering your ship, currently it's set to Crash every other player besides you, I'm looking for other methods to use other then "crashing" this is why, i have not released this mod publicly.

Progress 100%

--------------------------------
    ------[Siran Sector]--------
    ---------------------------------

This new sector is designed for my own server this sector will include new biomes, items and enemy's.

Progress: Researching on how the game deals with sectors.

----------------------------------
    -----More Biomes-----------
    ----------------------------------

I'm Adjusting the game's planet gen to create new planets using existing game assets and biomes Though some of the new biomes will require new backgrounds developed for them to match the planet.

New Biomes, so far..

-Ice Worlds- [Done]
    Made of pure ice with water and icy mountain slopes.

--

There are more features in development and I will continue to develop this mod and expand upon it.

I'm looking for more lua coders and Artists to develop this mod. Feel free to contact me on this forum for more info or questions.

Screen shots of each feature will be posted soon.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  2. tboy21

tboy21 Void-Bound Voyager

any update?