1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Will the Space Update delete world saves?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Knight9910, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Knight9910

Knight9910 Existential Complex

Since they're making a massive change to how space works, will this affect our world saves? Will it delete them, require new saves, etc?

2. Steamwolf

Steamwolf Void-Bound Voyager

I don't know for sure, but I doubt that it will because nothing about the planets themselves gets changed, just how you get to them.

3. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

Im pretty sure they mentioned that since the game is now out of beta, older saves will not be made unusable for any future updates

Sylxeria and Steamwolf like this.
  4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

For what i read the only thing that will be affected is the traveling between the systems/planets so it should be fully compatible with old saves. Planets themself aren't touched in their generation. However some mods can get incompatible due to these changes.

~ Iris ~

Sylxeria likes this.
  5. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be rolling this out at all if it were going to wipe out our saved universes. They've said universe wipes would not happen post-1.0-release. Partially because that'd be suicidal.

The universe itself isn't really changing that much, it's how the Navigation interface displays/interacts with it that's changing. The game is still reading the same planets and to-be-made-planet recipes and whatnot as before, it's just A) how the game lets you interact with that information in the Navigation screen that's being altered and 2) there's additions/alterations to the to-be-made recipes that only affect places you've not been to yet.

6. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

None of the changes (from what we have been shown) would require a wipe of the universe/worlds. It is just changing the navigation menu and how it functions, but the current world generation and whatnot can remain the same.